PDA

View Full Version : 67 on a 456 board

luckbalks
03-21-2007, 04:40 AM
Villain was 42/16/3

All streets please. The table was uber passive so I was playing these SC's anywhere really...

Full Tilt Poker
$0.10/$0.25 No Limit Hold'em Ring Game
6 Players
LegoPoker Hand Converter (http://www.legopoker.com/hh)

<font color="black">Stack Sizes</font>
MP: $30.20
CO: $38.35
BTN: $10.80
SB: $28.2
BB: $32.2
Hero (UTG): $20.70

<font color="black">Preflop:</font> 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif ($0.35, 6 players)
Hero calls $0.25, MP folds, <font color="red">CO raises to $1.10</font>, BTN folds, SB folds, BB folds, Hero calls $0.85

<font color="black">Flop:</font> 4/images/graemlins/club.gif 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif ($2.55, 2 players)
Hero checks, <font color="red">CO bets $2.55</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises all in to $19.60</font>, CO calls $17.05

<font color="black">Turn:</font> 4/images/graemlins/club.gif 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif [4/images/graemlins/heart.gif] ($41.75, 2 players)
No action

<font color="black">River:</font> 4/images/graemlins/club.gif 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif [2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif] ($41.75, 2 players)
No action

Genz
03-21-2007, 04:46 AM
If the table was über-passive, why do you call a preflop raise with a very speculative hand oop? I fold to the raise preflop.

Flop is a gamble. You are probably behind a big PP given your description of the table. So you have a maximum of 13 outs. You might want to discount them a little because of the flushdraw on the board. There is some dead money on the table. So this is probably a very marginal spot. I think your combo draw isn't that strong to play it as big as you did. But I hate variance.

prodonkey
03-21-2007, 04:49 AM
I don't limp call a raise with 76s utg. Major error. Kind of a strange line to take on the flop.. your bet says don't call me!!!! you're gonna get called by overpairs.. and by donkeys with flush draws and sets if he happend to flop one. I'd rather lead this flop than try to check raise all in like that personally if he raises you can make a decision if you want to play for all your chips.

Ya the table may have been passive.. but on this hand it wasn't since co raised.. this is why playing 76s utg is a bad idea. Makes all your other decisions hard.

luckbalks
03-21-2007, 05:01 AM
[ QUOTE ]
If the table was über-passive, why do you call a preflop raise with a very speculative hand oop? I fold to the raise preflop.

[/ QUOTE ]

Touche Genz.. point taken.

Say you were in position or in the BB... are you ever going to call a raise with small SCs?

Genz
03-21-2007, 05:24 AM
If the stacks are deep and I think I can get value out of villain when I hit, because he will overplay his hands or be a calling station, then yes.

matrix
03-21-2007, 07:08 AM
just flat out bin sc's UTG they're really hard to play post flop OOP.

In position fine - but UTG UTG+1 just fold them preflop.

and reload preflop. You need 100BB + to make sc's worthwhile and your stack is short.