PDA

View Full Version : 50NL - Turned TPTK, villain pushes river.

Jayy
03-21-2007, 04:39 AM
Villain is a crazy 65/28 after 160 hands. He's been building his stack and losing it by calling down better hands and bluffs with 2nd pair, 3rd pair, 2 overs, etc. What am I likely up against on the river? Also, would a preflop reraise of 5-6 be a better line?

Full Tilt Poker
$0.25/$0.50 No Limit Hold'em Ring Game
5 Players
LegoPoker Hand Converter (http://www.legopoker.com/hh)

<font color="black">Stack Sizes</font>
SB: $106.25
BB: $113.25
UTG: $49.05
MP: $71.85
Hero (BTN): $51.05

<font color="black">Preflop:</font> A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif K/images/graemlins/club.gif ($0.75, 5 players)
UTG folds, <font color="red">MP raises to $1.75</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to $4.75</font>, SB folds, BB folds, MP calls $3

<font color="black">Flop:</font> 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif ($10.25, 2 players)
MP checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $7.75</font>, MP calls $7.75

<font color="black">Turn:</font> 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif [A/images/graemlins/club.gif] ($25.75, 2 players)
MP checks, Hero checks

<font color="black">River:</font> 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif A/images/graemlins/club.gif [2/images/graemlins/spade.gif] ($25.75, 2 players)
<font color="red">MP bets all in for $59.35</font>, Hero ?

prodonkey
03-21-2007, 04:44 AM
Well he either flopped the straight and was slowplaying.. has aces up.. or you're ahead. I guess the key would be does he slowplay when he actually has a hand? I probably call.. but I'm a donkey. I like this call alot more when a flush missed though.

Preflop I'd make it like 6 vs him.. I think checking the turn was a bad idea since you hit... he's the type to put you to a decision.

bustacaps18
03-21-2007, 04:58 AM
You really have to bet the turn here because not doing so would put you in a sticky situation ya know? Since Villain is aggressive checking here would allow for him to make an aggressive bet and just make it more difficult for you. Making MP pay to draw out on his straight is important too.

Anyways, PF I would definitely reraise more since crazy players like him seem to call 3bets much more readily. Reraising to 6.50 sounds good to me. As for the river call I'd not a good enough player to really give you good advice on this call but it looks ok to call here since you really gave off weakness in this hand and most crazy aggressive guys feed off that kind thing ya know?

Jayy
03-21-2007, 05:14 AM
[ QUOTE ]
...it looks ok to call here since you really gave off weakness in this hand and most crazy aggressive guys feed off that kind thing ya know?

[/ QUOTE ]

That was my reason for checking the turn, give a little pot control against this type of player and induces a bluff at the same time, although I wasn't expecting an AI since I opt for pot control on the turn, but I guess it isn't a completely strange line for villain here. FWIW, I called and he turns over complete air. I think betting the turn may force him to fold out hands that I could get value from on the river, or is this not optimal thinking?

I agree that my pre-flop raise needs to be higher though.

mathemagician54
03-21-2007, 05:16 AM
mm, IME river overbet is usually the nuts

Zagga
03-21-2007, 05:18 AM
I noticed a check behind on turn often makes villains smash the pot or all in button because they sense weakness, witch does put you in a hard spot.

Definatly bet the turn here. I would put in about 15-20. I might even call a push against such a terrible loose player. if he calls then hope for a cheap showdown (check behind river if possible, at least that is what I would do, or do I miss value then).

The way you played this hand screams JJ, QQ, KK and he really could make that bet with any ace weaker then you or any two cars trying to represent the ace. you might very well actually be ahead here but it might be better to fold the river.

luckbalks
03-21-2007, 05:22 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I think betting the turn may force him to fold out hands that I could get value from on the river, or is this not optimal thinking?

[/ QUOTE ]

thats a bad flop for free cards, not to mention up against a 65/28 player.

whizzle
03-21-2007, 05:22 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Definatly bet the turn here. I would put in about 15-20. I might even call a push against such a terrible loose player. if he calls then hope for a cheap showdown (check behind river if possible, at least that is what I would do, or do I miss value then).

[/ QUOTE ]

Why bet the turn in a pot with a villian who's playing almost every 2 cards withoud a good hand? I think we want to get to a cheap showdown, that's the main point in this hand, i would have played it the same way.

Reraise PF to like 8 or something... I like the check on the turn. This is maybe also a leak in my game because I don't 2 barrel on such a board. I really hate to play a big pot without a hand against a maniac. So check is fine and the river is an obvious fold. No need to risk ur stack here with just 1 pair.

MightySan
03-21-2007, 06:48 AM
He is bluffin'!
I would call. He is crazy. I would sacrifice my stack here and call )). I think, I would have a decent chance to catch his bluff here.
Your thoughts?

matrix
03-21-2007, 07:13 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Villain is a crazy 65/28 after 160 hands. He's been building his stack and losing it by bluffs with 2nd pair, 3rd pair, 2 overs,

[/ QUOTE ]

insta-call so fast it makes his head spin. (as long as you've seen him push rivers on a bluff before)

TPTK vs crazy people = nutzors.

Yes sometimes he has Aces up 9T or 95 - but more often than not he has air.