PDA

View Full Version : NL25 - Flush and Straight Draw, Anything Wrong W/ This Line???

calmB4storm
03-20-2007, 10:59 PM
I usually play pretty tight in the blinds, but I completed because I felt I had good odds here with 2 players in ahead of me. Then it got minraised, and I figured I still had good pot odds so I called to see the flop. It was a good flop for me, but I couldn't decide what to do. I thought about betting out, but I was pretty sure I wouldn't take it down right there, so I just check/called. Could a check-raise work here, or should I still bet out four-handed? The turn was another good card, giving me an up-and-down straight draw, along with the flush draw. Since I was now heads up with the BB, I decided to semi-bluff w/ an almost pot-sized bet. BB called this bet, and I planned to shut down on the river unless I hit. The river brought a blank, but it was an ace, so I thought it could be a good bluff card. I pushed all-in, thinking I could get him to fold if he was on a draw too, or if he had 99-KK or something like K8. I'm looking for help on all streets, thanks in advance.

Full Tilt Poker
$0.10/$0.25 No Limit Hold'em Ring Game
6 Players
LegoPoker Hand Converter (http://www.legopoker.com/hh)

<font color="black">Stack Sizes</font>
UTG: $8.95
MP: $21
CO: $14.75
BTN: $12.55
Hero (SB): $45.7
BB: $14.35

CO posts 0.25
<font color="black">Preflop:</font> T/images/graemlins/club.gif 7/images/graemlins/club.gif ($0.6, 6 players)
UTG calls $0.25, MP folds, CO checks, BTN folds, Hero calls $0.15, <font color="red">BB raises to $0.50</font>, UTG calls $0.25, CO calls $0.25, Hero calls $0.25

<font color="black">Flop:</font> 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 2/images/graemlins/club.gif 6/images/graemlins/club.gif ($2, 4 players)
Hero checks, <font color="red">BB bets $2</font>, UTG folds, CO folds, Hero calls $2

<font color="black">Turn:</font> 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 2/images/graemlins/club.gif 6/images/graemlins/club.gif [5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif] ($6, 2 players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $5</font>, BB calls $5

<font color="black">River:</font> 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 2/images/graemlins/club.gif 6/images/graemlins/club.gif 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif [A/images/graemlins/spade.gif] ($16, 2 players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $7.10</font>, BB calls all in for $7.10

thefisherman
03-20-2007, 11:03 PM
Preflop is fine. Flop I either bet out or check-raise. Minraise preflop is weak, flop looks like a continuation bet from overcards. As played, betting turn is fine, but I don't think a check is bad, and I actually like a check-raise there a lot. River I don't bet because an A isn't going to scare him off $7 in a $16 pot and it may have helped him.

the machine
03-20-2007, 11:04 PM
i think i check call hte turn. that card couldnt have hurt villain and he probably will stack off with top pair if you have 97.

leading the turn isnt bad but it bloats up the pot. river is an easy check fold as played. hes overly commited here

Check_The_Nuts
03-20-2007, 11:36 PM
if I bet the turn I would definitely bet at most $4 and not $5. I don't see what $5 accomplishes. I think I'd rather lead flop for 1.50 or check raise than bet $5 on the turn, especially considering stack sizes.

shove turn&gt; betting $5, mostly because he might fold a better draw+may have more fold equity. betting $5 is essentially giving you a [censored] amount to put in when you hit+a [censored] amount to bluff with (if u decide to, the A is an excellent card) when u miss. So overall $5 just sux.

Machavelli
03-21-2007, 01:21 AM
[ QUOTE ]
i think i check call hte turn. that card couldnt have hurt villain and he probably will stack off with top pair if you have 97.

leading the turn isnt bad but it bloats up the pot. river is an easy check fold as played. hes overly commited here

[/ QUOTE ]

Only thing to add is not coming in from the SB and calling a minraise w/ T7s is a bit nitty for me.