PDA

View Full Version : Scrubbed out K6 hand from the BB

losingdonkey
03-20-2007, 10:57 PM
no reads or stats
lost on the turn. also, should I bet this flop?

Full Tilt Poker
$0.05/$0.10 No Limit Hold'em Ring Game
6 Players
LegoPoker Hand Converter (http://www.legopoker.com/hh)

<font color="black">Stack Sizes</font>
MP: $3.80
CO: $2.15
BTN: $9.45
SB: $14.05
Hero (BB): $10.2
UTG: $4.55

<font color="black">Preflop:</font> 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif K/images/graemlins/spade.gif ($0.15, 6 players)
UTG folds, MP calls $0.10, CO calls $0.10, BTN calls $0.10, SB calls $0.05, Hero checks

<font color="black">Flop:</font> 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif K/images/graemlins/club.gif ($0.5, 5 players)
SB checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $0.40</font>, MP folds, CO folds, BTN folds, SB calls $0.40

<font color="black">Turn:</font> 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif K/images/graemlins/club.gif [6/images/graemlins/spade.gif] ($1.3, 2 players)
SB checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $0.75</font>, <font color="red">SB raises to $3.50</font>, Hero ???

losingdonkey
03-20-2007, 11:04 PM
anyone? I seem to have a lot of trouble in marginal situations like this.

thefisherman
03-20-2007, 11:08 PM
Fold. Could be a straight, a flush, or possibly a worse two pair. Check raise here indicates made hand I think.

yeotaJMU
03-21-2007, 12:17 AM
fold to check raise. i usually will check this flop as my king is easily dominated and i really can only lose a big pot here. its not likely your getting called with anything that your beating. if someone bets when i check this flop i will just fold unless i have very certain reads. as played the turn bet is fine but i would assume SB has a flush or straight here... i doubt this play is made with a worse two pair.

Machavelli
03-21-2007, 12:53 AM
I think a check/call can be better in a spot like this, given his bet isn't absurd. You have the K as a re-draw, another K or 6 is good too.

This is also 10NL, people make plays that make no sense. I think you're beat here more often than not but I also think your K is good if a spade hits. I dont mind a call but I'm also a bit of a gambler.

ajmargarine
03-21-2007, 01:21 AM
Probably check that flop...As played, easy fold to the c/r. You've shown strength twice, he's got a flush too often.

Sweir
03-21-2007, 06:25 AM
Definately check that flop 5-way in the BB and probably fold to most action. As played there are so many hands that beat you on the turn, fold.

Bramsterdam
03-21-2007, 06:35 AM
Shut down when SB called your flopbet. A lot of draws have just arrived and you're only beating a single K here which won't give you much value anyway.

So check behind, hope to hit a boat and go for pot control.

Check flop though. Fold equity in 5-way pot isn't that high and you don't want to play a huge pot OOP here.

ama0330
03-21-2007, 10:13 AM
I bet the flop to thin the field with what is probably the best hand. You should check the turn because your hand is not good enough to go another 2 streets of value on that board. I check behind the turn, I might bet a safe river or call a psb.

as played obviously fold.