PDA

View Full Version : 10NL - AJ w/Made Straight and Flush Draw

Learning
03-20-2007, 10:03 PM
Full Tilt Poker
$0.05/$0.10 No Limit Hold'em Ring Game
5 Players
LegoPoker Hand Converter (http://www.legopoker.com/hh)

<font color="black">Stack Sizes</font>
SB: $10.45
BB: $10.35
Hero (UTG): $13.35
CO: $10.15
BTN: $11.05

<font color="black">Preflop:</font> A/images/graemlins/heart.gif J/images/graemlins/heart.gif ($0.15, 5 players)
<font color="red">Hero raises to $0.35</font>, CO calls $0.35, BTN calls $0.35, SB folds, BB folds

<font color="black">Flop:</font> 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif ($1.2, 3 players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $0.50</font>, CO calls $0.50, BTN calls $0.50

<font color="black">Turn:</font> 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif [T/images/graemlins/heart.gif] ($2.7, 3 players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $2</font>, <font color="red">CO raises all in to $9.30</font>, BTN folds, Hero ???

I've got the high end of the straight and the nut flush draw, do I call?

crushednuts
03-20-2007, 10:06 PM
Yes. QJ is the only hand that beats you and you have outs.. this is as standard as it gets

I don't really like your bet on the flop. Either make it bigger or don't make it at all

Learning
03-20-2007, 10:07 PM
Yeah, I just wanted to make sure it was correct to call here because he flipped over the QJ. =(

miw210
03-20-2007, 10:46 PM
Call

the machine
03-20-2007, 10:54 PM
this isnt meant to flame you in any way, and im trying to be insightful here so dont take this the wrong way, or like im trying to make you look bad or anything,

with the exception of your flop bet size the hand is overly standard. you have the second nuts on the turn. with a redraw to the nut flush. would you honestly ever consider laying this down. regardless of wether he has the nuts or not you should never be folding in this spot. it seems you based this post on a results oriented play. sometimes he will have QJ. sometimes just a long J and youre freerolling. there is no way you would ever fold this hand nor would anyone else so i dont really see the need for a post like this.

but as for the hand, you should bet closer to pot on the flop. betting less then half pot just gives other plyers in the hand better odds to draw. cutting down those odds, regardless of wether they hit or not, will make us money in the long run.

thefisherman
03-20-2007, 11:00 PM
Another reason for not liking the flop bet is that it shows some strength (but weak strength for sure) and probably gives the button the idea if he pushes you'll call. If you check, maybe you get to the river cheaper and have a chance to get it in if you hit your flush.

Easy turn call.

Learning
03-20-2007, 11:55 PM
the machine,

I knew before posting this hand that it was fairly trivial, but I desperately needed to be told that it was the right move. I've just been experiencing a very sick downswing where my Kings have been beaten by trash straights (all in preflop), houses burnt by slowplayed quads, and set over sets have destroyed my confidence.

I realize that this may be somewhat standard, but the entire purpose of the site is to develop stronger players within the community. Your responses have helped me greatly.

the machine, thank you for always replying to my posts (not sarcastic)

the machine
03-21-2007, 12:01 AM
no problem. if you are getting your money in with hands like this you will come out of your downsizing and be a winning player.