PDA

View Full Version : NL25: Thinnnnnn Value Bet

AAmucked
03-20-2007, 08:25 PM
Six-handed on Full Tilt. UTG limps, button limps, SB completes and I check A /images/graemlins/heart.gif 2 /images/graemlins/heart.gif from the BB. I'm new to the table and have no reads.

Flop comes

7/images/graemlins/spade.gif 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif

Checks around.

Turn is an A /images/graemlins/diamond.gif. Checks around again.

River is a 5 /images/graemlins/club.gif. SB checks, I make a half-pot blocker bet/value bet.

Should I be making this VB? What happened in this hand specifically doesn't really matter, but is this bet in the exact same situation 100 times a profitable play? I thought about check-calling but didn't want to call a full-pot bet, so I decided to 1/2 pot it with the intention of folding to the raise.

Is this a +EV play or is it wayyyyyy too thin to be profitable?

Bramsterdam
03-20-2007, 08:43 PM
I'd go for the check/call up until 1/2 pot. That way you ensure that you get to see a showdown and you won't put money in the pot without closing the action.

Betting 1/2 pot here looks very weak here.

matrix
03-20-2007, 09:11 PM
I don't think this is +EV.

It's 4 way - there's a good chance one of them has a 6 given preflop action there's not a lot of hands that can call and lose to you - if you're called here you are almost always beat.

I'd c/c a small bet c/f to half pot or more. We beat a bluff and in this spot calling a bluff made by one of the villains will prove much more profitable than betting out into 4 players.

the machine
03-20-2007, 10:48 PM
its 4 handed so betting you hand here turns it into a bluff. just check call a small bet. there are way too many hands that beat you esp with the 4 straight out there. i doubt anyone would call a bet with a worse hand.

thefisherman
03-20-2007, 10:54 PM
Any hand you're beating probably isn't going to bet here. After no one bet the flop or the turn, no one would bet a hand that's worse than yours. Since there's so little in the pot, it's a waste to bet and get pushed out. Only a small chance someone calls you down with a smaller pair.

Check_The_Nuts
03-20-2007, 11:32 PM
Turn is an A . Checks around again.

this street confused me. You said you checked here?

Then you somehow bet on the worst card in the deck, that gave 4 to a straight.

Yeah pretty lost on why u did that.

PS. my point is the turn bet isn't thin because of how drawy the board is. Villians will call with gutshots+pairs, bottom pair+OESD, etc. Its really not thin.

moving shapes
03-20-2007, 11:42 PM
just bet the turn. no need to slowplay or checkraise one pair.

AAmucked
03-21-2007, 07:25 PM
I didn't bet the turn because I have TPNK with two people behind me and people love to limp Ax.