PDA

View Full Version : Post-Flop Aggression

4acesbeat4queens
03-20-2007, 05:02 PM
Through 500 hands on pokertracker (my 1st 500 using the software) my numbers are pretty respectable at:

30 VPIP/16PFR/3AF

However, when i closer analyzed my Post-flop aggresion, i found the following

Flop: 5.04
Turn: 1.62
River: 2.65

Do i need to be more aggressive on the turn and less so on the flop? I've always felt the turn was my weakest street, is this just confirming this? Small sample size? Thoughts? Thanks in advance.

This is all on the .25/.50 FT tables

corndog
03-20-2007, 05:03 PM
I would worry about people floating your flop bets and taking advantage of your turn weakness.

Yes, it is a small sample size.

4acesbeat4queens
03-20-2007, 05:05 PM
So maybe start half-potting the flop and then same on the river? I usually pot bet, if i get called and a draw fills I'll slow down. If not, I usually move forward. 1.62 is still pretty aggressive, maybe I need to slow down on the flop. Thats usually when I want to take it down.

corndog
03-20-2007, 05:10 PM
I wouldn't go quite as low as half-pot on flop, but 2/3s or so may be enough. If you find that your flop bets aren't taking it down as often as they used to you can go back up.

Turn AF can be a tough thing to fix, especially if your very aggressive on flop and always betting pot since you are going to have to be betting pretty big on turn to keep it up.

I think the best suggestion would be to cut down your VPIP a tad. Slightly tighter starting hand selection will help you at every street down the line. This should make your hands that see the flop and further stronger on average, so that the aggression should take care of itself.

Also, don't be scared to second-barrel when the draw fills. Usually your opponent will let you know right away if they hit or not. Chances are the scare card is just as scary for them as it is for you.