PDA

View Full Version : Interesting Spot with KQo Versus Multitabling LAG

IshiP2U
03-20-2007, 04:42 PM
Villain here is multitabling LAG preflop and pretty agressive postflop. Everybody but Villain here is pretty much loose passive and weak, and thus Villain has agressive from the button.

Full Tilt Poker
$0.25/$0.50 No Limit Hold'em Ring Game
6 Players
LegoPoker Hand Converter (http://www.legopoker.com/hh)

<font color="black">Stack Sizes</font>
BTN: $62.35
Hero (SB): $52.05
BB: $57.1
UTG: $15.05
MP: $33.15
CO: $79.80

<font color="black">Preflop:</font> K/images/graemlins/spade.gif Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif ($0.75, 6 players)
UTG folds, MP calls $0.50, CO calls $0.50, <font color="red">BTN raises to $2.75</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to $9</font>, BB folds, MP folds, CO folds, BTN calls $6.25

<font color="black">Flop:</font> T/images/graemlins/spade.gif 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif ($19.5, 2 players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $13</font>, BTN calls $13

<font color="black">Turn:</font> T/images/graemlins/spade.gif 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif [K/images/graemlins/club.gif] ($45.5, 2 players)
<font color="red">Hero ?

Miko
03-20-2007, 04:44 PM
If he's the only reasonable player at this table why are you re-raising him with QKo out of the blinds? Just take advantage of the weak players and avoid him, that would be my advice.

As played, I like bet/folding here. Checking is too weak cause every reasonable player would bet here with allmost anything when checked to him, and what are you going to do when he pots the turn? Fold prob.. right?

But what's our river plan when he calls our turn bet? I don't know the anwser, probably shut down.

crushednuts
03-20-2007, 04:45 PM
I wouldn't 3-bet KQo against a lag OOP. This seems like spew. Also, I wouldn't c-bet a missed KQo on that flop it is not a good board for you. Turn: this is exactly your problem. Now you have TPGK OOP against a LAG and he could have ATC. What are you going to do if you bet and he RR AI. I think as played you have to felt here and I don't really like it. LAGs can get good cards occasionally too, even on the button

rakes.a.beach
03-20-2007, 04:46 PM
Fold PF.

As played, check/push turn. If it goes check/check, bet 15-20 on river.

crushednuts
03-20-2007, 04:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]

As played, I like bet/folding here.

[/ QUOTE ]

you can't bet/fold here. Any reasonable bet commits us to this pot. there is already $45 and we only have about 30 left. If we bet 15 we can't fold for our last 15. I think a CRAI here is probably the best line at this point.

mathemagician54
03-20-2007, 04:49 PM
agree, fold preflop CRAI rivered as played.

IshiP2U
03-20-2007, 04:49 PM
Bet/fold? WTF he has a mediocre hand here like JJ or QQ. My preflop looks strong coming from somebody with a TAG image (which I also should have mentioned) that I don't see how this isn't a good flop for me. You don't think it's going on the flop if LAG has a set here? Same if he has AK of hearts or KK? The question here seems to be whether or not to push and get him to look me up with QQ or make a weak lead to induce a bluff. I'm rarely ever folding here given the action to this point. I'm confident I have the best hand the question is how to extract value.

barryc83
03-20-2007, 04:50 PM
I dont like pf bc a laggy player will convince himself to call in position with a huge range and your hand isnt great. I check the turn and get it in if he bets or shove river if he checks turn. Only hand I'm worried about is AA really. Well I guess he could have a set but for 100bb against a looser player I can get it in here.

IshiP2U
03-20-2007, 04:51 PM
Alright yeah thanks for the reply. So nobody likes weak lead on the turn? Seems likely to be checked down if we just keep checking. People like bet/check here? And I think I can take this down on the flop a lot of the time against LAG given the situation after my reraise.

Miko
03-20-2007, 04:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

As played, I like bet/folding here.

[/ QUOTE ]

you can't bet/fold here. Any reasonable bet commits us to this pot. there is already $45 and we only have about 30 left. If we bet 15 we can't fold for our last 15. I think a CRAI here is probably the best line at this point.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're absolutely right. I hate those converters that don't put the pot size in the HH...

IshiP2U
03-20-2007, 04:52 PM
Barry you don't think AA shoves flop? His flop play just looks so much like JJ/QQ. My image is TAG (should have said that in the OP) and I've just reraised him out of the blinds into like 87 people, you really think his calling range is very wide here?

corndog
03-20-2007, 04:59 PM
Yuck. I think I'm pushing here put kicking myself for getting in this situation.

Preflop I don't know if I would 3-bet w/ KQo here or not, but I lean towards fold. I guess it depends on my feel for the guy and how often he folds to the 3-bet, but I really hate playing KQo OOP in a big pot. You pretty much have to c-bet, but to make it convincing you are going to have to make it a big part of your stack.

IshiP2U
03-20-2007, 05:09 PM
Why is this situation so bad? How are people not convinced we're massively ahead on the turn here? And flop we have gutshot plus one good over plus a tad bit of fold equity. People are really thinking we're behind here after turn? WHY?!??! I don't understand. JJ seems extremely likely (QQ less so since we have a Q) After the turn we're just trying to figure out whether to induce a bluff or get a vbet called on the river, no? I don't get it, but I do appreciate all the advice so far. Also, I did push and villain folded but I think pushing is the worst of our three options (the other two being check or make a weak lead to try and get him to blow us off QQ here)

thac
03-20-2007, 05:12 PM
Please don't check this turn, just put the rest of your stack in. There's too many draws on the board to hope to checkraise allin, you need to put the pressure on him.

Fold preflop though, there's no way you can hope to win a big pot against a LAG with a hand that's so likely dominated.

IshiP2U
03-20-2007, 05:14 PM
LAG raises from button and KQo is so likely dominated? So basically you've just told me you think that a LAG's raising range from the button is QQ AQ KK AA AK and almost nothing else. I don't understand.

mathemagician54
03-20-2007, 05:17 PM
no, but it doesn't mean it's not in his range...you don't really know where you are + you're OOP, it's best not to get involved in the hand in the first place bc of the RIO

corndog
03-20-2007, 05:19 PM
My biggest problem with 3-betting preflop is that if the flop comes something like QT5, and our c-bet gets raised, we have absolutely no idea where we are and will be faced with large sums of money to find out.

fees
03-20-2007, 05:34 PM
fire shell number #2, $40

corndog
03-20-2007, 05:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]
fire shell number #2, $40

[/ QUOTE ]

Hero only has $30 left at turn.

barryc83
03-20-2007, 05:40 PM
If you think youre ahead on the turn I like a check, it looks like you have QQ/JJ now. If he had hearts, he wouldve pushed the flop IMO. Either way you only have 1 bet left so whether you push the turn or the river, your whole stack goes in. Also, you say he's laggy so why not let him take a stab at it.

Pf is meh, you have a decent hand with the worst possible table position. I dont think its terrible, but playing KQ in a RR pot OOP like its the nuts will lose you money longterm at uNL IMO.

orange
03-20-2007, 07:12 PM
pf isnt the best, but i can see it sometimes.

check turn. let him bluff his stack away/give him some rope. i check/call anything on the turn (or just c/shove). when you shove the turn, it negates him of bluffing/calling with many hands that you beat. if turn checks through, i just shove river.