PDA

View Full Version : 50 NL Video

Gelford
03-20-2007, 10:38 AM
Here it is, I rant a lot ... and I suck at playing draws OOP, but I hope you like it, feel free to tear hands apart, if you spot something donkish /images/graemlins/smile.gif

My video (http://www.wikiupload.com/download_page.php?id=107109)

Oh and the video quality is teh suck, but even compressed like this, It took me all night and all day to upload, so ... /images/graemlins/frown.gif

kaz2107
03-20-2007, 10:39 AM
ship it... come back asap holla

Gelford
03-20-2007, 10:40 AM
Yep, start of april I'll be back /images/graemlins/smile.gif

fees
03-20-2007, 10:46 AM
uhm its not letting me watch it... why arent we just using youtube like the rest of the world? i just put my own vid on megaupload and completely forgot about youtube

Gelford
03-20-2007, 10:51 AM
I don't think youtube allows the big files, that we tend to show

Oh ok, it has a temporary no service thing going on, well just after uploading I started a download and interupted it promptly when it looked fine, I hope you only have to try later /images/graemlins/smile.gif

2mb
03-20-2007, 10:55 AM
Your webhost is slow, and I had to refresh a couple of times to get the download started, but it's downloading now.

Thanks for doing this Gelford, will comment later /images/graemlins/cool.gif

Gelford
03-20-2007, 10:56 AM
Yeah, but I could get megaupload to accept my video, it uploaded with 1kpbs/sec despite accelerator etc, so this host is the best I could do /images/graemlins/frown.gif

xwillience
03-20-2007, 11:02 AM
i wanted to watch this [censored] like asap.

jonyy6788
03-20-2007, 11:05 AM
Try rapidshare.com if its less than 100MB

Jouster777
03-20-2007, 11:08 AM
Its slow...I'm 55% there on download...should be worth it

Gelford
03-20-2007, 11:10 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Try rapidshare.com if its less than 100MB

[/ QUOTE ]

150MB ... and still ugly to watch .... If you need transcripts of the PAHUD stats on some of the villians, let me know /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Jouster777
03-20-2007, 11:36 AM
My mediaplayer won't run it...any suggestions?

Gelford
03-20-2007, 11:37 AM
OK, I've downloaded it myself

For some reason or other, wikeupload has changed its name to Gelford1 ... but after renaming it to Gelford1.avi, it seems to work /images/graemlins/smile.gif

fees
03-20-2007, 11:42 AM
mmm piggy backing you gelford... I made a 25 nl video thats pretty decent.. heres the OP:

"I figured I'd let the regulars tear me apart by posting this here, but this is my 25NL vid, megaupload took inf hours but its there, pretty striaght forward, wanted to do a LAG ending but it disco'd, hope you enjoy it

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=VDR60P5J "

mvdgaag
03-20-2007, 11:43 AM
the movie itself seems to be unavailable

Gelford
03-20-2007, 11:45 AM
[ QUOTE ]
the movie itself seems to be unavailable

[/ QUOTE ]

Ive just downloaded it and am watching it, wikiupload is kinda unstable so you have to try a few times and once you've downloaded it, you have to rename it adding .avi to the name

mvdgaag
03-20-2007, 12:07 PM
Right clicked the embedded screen like 20 times trying to safe target as which won't work. Playing it also doesn't work. I've tried many times now... Is there an URL for the file itself?

Gelford
03-20-2007, 12:19 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Right clicked the embedded screen like 20 times trying to safe target as which won't work. Playing it also doesn't work. I've tried many times now... Is there an URL for the file itself?

[/ QUOTE ]

None that I know of .... but I just left clicked the embedded screen and got the usual save to disk box

Jouster777
03-20-2007, 12:24 PM
I saved it twice...no go for me...I'll try on a different computer that has a better video player but not for several days

2mb
03-20-2007, 12:27 PM
I'm uploading the vid in parts to rapidshare now, for those who are having trouble downloading (if it's ok by you Gelford).
2 parts:
http://rapidshare.com/files/21968175/Gelford1.part1.rar.html
http://rapidshare.com/files/21970574/Gelford1.part2.rar.html

Gelford
03-20-2007, 12:27 PM
I've compressed it with the xvid codeks like in described in the faq

http://www.xvid.org/

Try installing it ?? /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Or use VLC player ??

http://www.videolan.org/vlc/

Gelford
03-20-2007, 12:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm uploading the vid in parts to rapidshare now, for those who are having trouble downloading (if it's ok by you Gelford).
2 parts:
http://rapidshare.com/files/21968175/Gelford1.part1.rar.html

[/ QUOTE ]

Thx, I appreciate it actually /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Gelford
03-20-2007, 12:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]
mmm piggy backing you gelford... I made a 25 nl video thats pretty decent.. heres the OP:

"I figured I'd let the regulars tear me apart by posting this here, but this is my 25NL vid, megaupload took inf hours but its there, pretty striaght forward, wanted to do a LAG ending but it disco'd, hope you enjoy it

[/ QUOTE ]

Shouldnt you post it in your own thread .... it might get overlooked here /images/graemlins/grin.gif

SpecT
03-20-2007, 12:39 PM
gelford... much /images/graemlins/heart.gif for you

i remember wen i started playing poker afew months ago, and had a 10 BI downswing straight away. I almost quit, but then i talk to you, and you sorted out my game. seriously, if it wasnt for you i would have quit long ago and would still be making $10/hour in some crappy dead end job. but now i have the opportunity to travel the world, and do whatever i want. so thankyou, seriously... i know u'll be like, yeh thats ok it was nothing. but u have no idea how much i appreciate the advice, and how much i to owe u for where im at right now.

anywayz ive been drinking so yeh... BUT! that doesnt take away anything from how appreciative i am of ur help

gelford is a champ guys, and has done a ton for uNL and ssnl. he deserves a custom title.

oh and btw... im downloading ur video, not sure if i mentioned that before or not... AND! for those that care, ill be uploading 2 videos in the next few days, stay tuned.

Gelford
03-20-2007, 12:42 PM
Thx SpecT ... that is ... errr ... well thx /images/graemlins/blush.gif

SpecT
03-20-2007, 12:50 PM
DOWNLOADING VIDEO NOW

2mb
03-20-2007, 12:52 PM
Second part is also uploaded (see previous post for the links).

Comments so far:
I like your analysis of folding small pps to a 3-bet preflop, I think I call those too often, overestimating my implied odds. That QT hand at 14:10, you say you have a gutshot but it was an openender. You played it fine I think.

Gelford
03-20-2007, 02:42 PM
I've watched it myself again and a few comments, but most striking is this.

Last hand where I have aces, I make a wrong read I think, he most likely has QQ or similar calling my cbet on flop and despite the flushdraw a checkbehind on turn and then calling a river bet might be better.

VPIP100
03-20-2007, 03:25 PM
You happen to have MSN gelford /images/graemlins/smile.gif?

Gelford
03-20-2007, 03:30 PM
AIM: Gelford1

no msn

creamfillin
03-20-2007, 04:34 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The hell do you play camrec files with?

Gelford
03-20-2007, 07:50 PM
Shameless bump !!

But I won't be around from tomorrow, so ... /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Check_The_Nuts
03-20-2007, 08:00 PM
gelford - I will definitely check this out on friday or saturday when I finally get some free time.

PS. If your planning on taking chemical engineering in school don't [censored] [censored] DO IT!

Gelford
03-20-2007, 08:07 PM
LOL ... fo sho

I studies physics and chemistry for a while before settling on economics ... I hated being in the lab, just felt soo sick after each class ... yuck /images/graemlins/smile.gif

BevillTheDevil
03-20-2007, 08:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]
gelford - I will definitely check this out on friday or saturday when I finally get some free time.

PS. If your planning on taking chemical engineering in school don't [censored] [censored] DO IT!

[/ QUOTE ]

FOR REAL!!! im a chem engineer major too...have an organic chem test on spectroscopy tommorrow counts 2x boo! and then a damn physics exam thurs...CHEM ENGINEERING=NO LIFE

Everlong
03-20-2007, 08:32 PM
dl:d it. will watch soon even though watching that pos software called party makes me want to kill KITTENS /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Pirelli
03-20-2007, 08:54 PM
Awesome video, thanks for posting.

Piece of Cake
03-20-2007, 10:25 PM
Jackpot. Thanks for the re-up 2mb.

Check_The_Nuts
03-20-2007, 11:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

FOR REAL!!! im a chem engineer major too...have an organic chem test on spectroscopy tommorrow counts 2x boo! and then a damn physics exam thurs...CHEM ENGINEERING=NO LIFE

[/ QUOTE ]

one controls milestone (~9-10 hours work, was due today), two ~15 page memorandum lab reports (wednesday), one midterm thursday night (nuclear heat transfer), one midterm friday morning (thermo II, I have to wing it, when could I study?!?).

Winar!!...[censored]...wait a sec...

sorry for hijack.

the machine
03-21-2007, 12:31 AM
nice video. i like the ranting. i htink its good to get into your head and understand why you do what you do. good job.

i had a feeling he had kj when you had aj. tough one

RicP
03-21-2007, 10:30 AM
Awesome Video!

Thanks for sharing your insights

MirroRobin
03-21-2007, 02:28 PM
Information density in this vid was extremely high. Loved it, thanks so much for sharing.

Spleen
03-21-2007, 04:00 PM
I can not get this to work from rapidshare, is there another way I can view it? Thanks

prodonkey
03-21-2007, 04:10 PM
Really liked your video gelford.. made me think a little more about what I was doing.. my most current session I upped my agression like 3 points by hardly ever calling.

Everlong
03-21-2007, 05:19 PM
Solid video. Definately one of the best free ones I have seen in terms of instructional value.

Very nice "rant" on c-betting, 3-betting and adding bluffs.

About draws OOP (the JTs from SB hand) - I think your logic is pretty sound. If you want to second barrel this is the place since you are not setting money on fire should he call or price you in. You will hit once in a blue moon so... /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Thanks!

jonyy6788
03-22-2007, 12:18 AM
I don't like folding A7 on the BTN!!!!!!!!!

Your reasoning is a little weird. You mention that we're just there to be active. Meh, we're there to steal the blinds. If you don't play like a retard postflop, raise A rags.

thac
03-22-2007, 02:12 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I don't like folding A7 on the BTN!!!!!!!!!

Your reasoning is a little weird. You mention that we're just there to be active. Meh, we're there to steal the blinds. If you don't play like a retard postflop, raise A rags.

[/ QUOTE ]

From Gelford:

A7 is borderline, but it happen to appear, when I was talking about hating ace-rag, and borderline or not, I might consider folding it

We have all read pokeys blindsstealing article, I is fantastic, but it is only a partial analysis. Pokey does a great job at showing what profit can be made by stealing blinds, but only consideres this kinda you steal or give up situation.

At a passive fullring table, you are probably right Jonny, for some reason or other there isn't much aggression there and blind almost never fight back, but at a 6max table, I don't like it. Especially with regulars in the blinds, chances are one of them is going to 3bet you, and what then ??? I mean you do not want it all in, you do not want to flatcall, you do not want to fold. And if you call, you will have to face a cbet. Do you like to face a cbet on an Ace high board ?
Or more simply, a blind calls, flop is Ace high and blind lead into you or checkraises flop ... or just calls flop.

So what if you steal 17 blinds with A-rag, if you drop 40BB to A-better kicker the 18th time. T8 or similar is much easier to play in that situation.

I think the mindset in uNL is wrong. There is too much focus on making a profit with blindstealing. There is focus on making a profit with cbetting. There is a focus on making a profit double barreling and so on.

Those things might all show some sort of profit, but the biggest profit of it all is that they increase the return you get from your good hands. aejones had a comment in his well how the HSNL players a year ago discovered that they where in the red with their suited connecters ... forgetting that the slight red there was compensated by the fact that their proper hands where paid off.

Bonesy
03-22-2007, 11:06 AM
Very nice video and analysis. I liked the bantering quite a bit. I also agree with your PP analysis to the 3bet even in position.

Spleen
03-22-2007, 05:07 PM
argh how did you guys get this to work? I tried OP's original link and it doesn't, sometimes I get a bunch of jibberish which it seems like its loading something then after a while it says I do not belong here and boots me. I tried rapid share and d'l both parts but when I go to extract them it will not let me. Im a fish at dl stuff I guess, help?

vin17
03-22-2007, 07:19 PM
Wow, I'm going on tilt trying to get part 2 to work. How does pt.1 work but not 2?

Also, I used the VLC player to view the first part.

MirroRobin
03-22-2007, 07:32 PM
I don't think there is a part 2 of the video (although the abrupt ending makes you wonder...), you just used the two Gelford1.partX.rar-archives to build the one Gelford1.avi file.

By the way, SpecT, how about those 2 vids you promised? I'm eagerly awaiting those!

tehDiceman
04-15-2007, 09:32 PM
nvm.

barryc83
04-15-2007, 09:39 PM
Why can i not dl this???

Gelford
04-15-2007, 10:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Why can i not dl this???

[/ QUOTE ]

My link seems broken, but 2mbs rapidshare links work fine

Triggerle
04-16-2007, 03:54 AM
Rapidshare didn't work for me. Gave me a corrupt archive.

JadeRedstone
04-16-2007, 05:53 AM
Yeah, though you have to wait 2 hours between downloads..

Sure hope it will work on my mac.

Triggerle
04-16-2007, 06:44 AM
I just re-downloaded both rars on a different computer and it also gives me CRC check errors.

Everlong
04-16-2007, 07:55 AM
I have it and can IM if you have an OK hookup

EverlongtTff on AIM

jimpo
04-16-2007, 08:28 AM
[ QUOTE ]
You have reached the download-limit for free-users. Want to download more?

[/ QUOTE ]

WTF could this be any harder? Christ almighty can I not watch a simple freaking video already. It's 2007 [censored] doesn't need to be this complicated.

K䲰䮥n
04-16-2007, 09:22 AM
hehe pirkka-pekka /images/graemlins/smile.gif

goat_beard
04-16-2007, 09:48 AM
ughhh wtf its asking me for a login and pass

goat_beard
04-16-2007, 09:52 AM
i shut off my DAP and now it is not asking for log/pw but instead DLing the file an saving it as a 0kb file...wtf...
went through all 6pgs of post...guess i have to wait the extra 2hrs to dl on rapidshare...damn i agree with jimbo

Chomp
04-17-2007, 09:13 PM
Sorry to bump, but I am clealy as dumb as bricks as I can't get any of these versions/formats working.

I downlaoded the .rar but have no idea how to make it play.

Any advice/dummies guide? Thanks.

Gelford
04-17-2007, 09:15 PM
http://www.rarlab.com/

Winrar is not a player format, it is a compression format like zip

The two files unpack into a single .avi files and you are set to go

68Mustang
04-18-2007, 11:45 AM
[ QUOTE ]
nvm.

[/ QUOTE ]

Love the avatar tehDiceman !

Gelford
04-24-2007, 06:52 PM
With thanks to yellowbluebus for posting this in the brew /images/graemlins/smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]

I downloaded both parts from rapidshare, checked the archive and it was fine. I also took the liberty and re-uploaded the video to a different host. I can't stand the fact that you have to wait 144 minutes (rapidshare) in order to download the second part of the archive.

http://www.zshare.net/download/gelford1-part1-rar.html
http://www.zshare.net/download/gelford1-part2-rar.html

[/ QUOTE ]

Dilznoofus
04-24-2007, 07:31 PM
After extracting the archive I opened it with VLC media player. It said the archive was corrupted and that seek wouldn't work but then it automatically repaired the index.

Great video Gelford. I wish I had your tilt control. I will be thinking about some of what you said next session.

Caelallaiach
05-09-2007, 09:07 PM
I try to use winRAR to extract the files but it keeps telling me the files are corrupt, am I doing something wrong?

Miraculix
05-11-2007, 02:51 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I try to use winRAR to extract the files but it keeps telling me the files are corrupt, am I doing something wrong?

[/ QUOTE ]

Hi.

If I don´t remember wrong, I had the same problem. You got the error on Part 2, right?? The file in the Part 1 folder seemed correct to me (there were nothing in the Part 2 folder), so I just deleted Part 2, opened Part 1 and had a really good time /images/graemlins/smile.gif. I had to download a VLC player to get it to work.
I hope this helps

// M

BTW, if Gelford is reading this I want you to know I really liked this vid. Please make another one!!

Gelford
05-11-2007, 03:53 AM
Thx Miraculix,

But to be honest, if I was to make I would start covering things like dynamics, but IShip2U already does it brilliantly in this video (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=10207475&an=0&page=0#Pos t10207475)

Miraculix
05-11-2007, 05:45 PM
Hi Gelford.
I´ve seen that one and I liked it. I found it interesting and I´m looking forward to his next vid. The thing is, I´m more of an ABC player and I think I have more to learn from you guys who are beating the game at, say $100 or $200, just playing ABC poker. I think I have to wait to try to change table dynamics and to get into peoples head. Hopefully I´ll get there.

// M

neverforgetlol
05-11-2007, 08:05 PM
thanks