PDA

View Full Version : AQs RR'd pot

allaboutmyfetti
03-20-2007, 02:29 AM
CO is a 35/20/3.9 after 200 hands ... i have notes on him stacking off with TPTK and TPGK or calling down 3 streets of value with TPTK.

Button is a 13.8 / 7.5 / 6 after 200 hands ... seems on the nittier side haven't seen much action from him

too passive? VB river or check to induce worse hands to bluff? Everyone coo with the flop check?

Full Tilt Poker
$0.25/$0.50 No Limit Hold'em Ring Game
4 Players
LegoPoker Hand Converter (http://www.legopoker.com/hh)

<font color="black">Stack Sizes</font>
Hero (BB): $78.95
CO: $64.85
BTN: $44.20
SB: $49.75

<font color="black">Preflop:</font> Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif A/images/graemlins/heart.gif ($0.75, 4 players)
<font color="red">CO raises to $1.75</font>, BTN calls $1.75, SB folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $7.25</font>, CO calls $5.50, BTN calls $5.50

<font color="black">Flop:</font> T/images/graemlins/club.gif 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif ($22, 3 players)
Hero checks, CO checks, BTN checks

<font color="black">Turn:</font> T/images/graemlins/club.gif 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif [5/images/graemlins/club.gif] ($22, 3 players)
Hero checks, <font color="red">CO bets $14</font>, BTN folds, Hero calls $14

<font color="black">River:</font> T/images/graemlins/club.gif 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 5/images/graemlins/club.gif [5/images/graemlins/spade.gif] ($50, 2 players)
Hero checks....

CanYouCallThis
03-20-2007, 02:35 AM
What was your intention to check the flop, to go for a C/R? Since you know how he plays his TPTK, I'dd go for the C/R on the flop for info. If he calls the raise he's got u beat imo.

I like the turn move, pot control, but I'dd still put a little valuebet in there on the river. I don't think ur gonna get a second bullet from a QQ/KK, so you'll miss tons of value there. If raised, fold.

So I agree with the flop if intented to C/R, like the turn since you are not gonna get called by worse hands from villain, but I'dd but a little valuebet out there on the river...

theflyingcow
03-20-2007, 02:35 AM
Hrm, so initially I think I'm more afraid of the button's cold-call than I am of CO's initial raise and call. On the flop, why would you not bet here? I think by not doing so you give hands like JJ-KK / AJ an opportunity to catch on you, not to mention button's cold-call probably signifies that he's got a pocket pair and looking to set it. Also, on the river, what do we do if CO shoves? I think checking puts us in a fairly tough situation. How often is a big bet here for value vs. a bluff?

the machine
03-20-2007, 02:36 AM
i check call the river

MusashiStyle
03-20-2007, 02:38 AM
WTF... bet river for value he has like half his stack in there. puke if he raises and call.

the machine
03-20-2007, 02:39 AM
[ QUOTE ]
WTF... bet river for value he has like half his stack in there. puke if he raises and call.

[/ QUOTE ]

no thats button. CO has like 45 behind

allaboutmyfetti
03-20-2007, 02:45 AM
Even though my read on villian is that he will stack with TP, I don't think this directly translates to stacking with an underpair on an A-high board in a RR'd pot (hence the flop check). Given his stats I thought there would be a good chance of him betting with a PP if I "showed weakness" on the flop.

orange
03-20-2007, 02:46 AM
I doubt villan will bluff the river. I bet the river and call a push.

Also consider betting this flop. Mainly for value/protection.

MusashiStyle
03-20-2007, 02:46 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

no thats button. CO has like 45 behind

[/ QUOTE ]

oh right, check call is pretty good then i agree.

allaboutmyfetti
03-20-2007, 02:48 AM
[ QUOTE ]

Also consider betting this flop. Mainly for value/protection.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was thinking this, b/c the pot is 2 handed. For some reason I thought CO would be aggro enough to bet non-A hands here ... apparently I was wrong.

Big Poppa Smurf
03-20-2007, 03:19 AM
checking this flop is fine and I would say standard, river against this guy, if he is decent I would block, if he thinks AJ is good here I would check-call; it's hard to tell from your read what I would do.

rakes.a.beach
03-20-2007, 03:25 AM
[ QUOTE ]
What was your intention to check the flop, to go for a C/R? Since you know how he plays his TPTK, I'dd go for the C/R on the flop for info. If he calls the raise he's got u beat imo.

[/ QUOTE ]

Check raising the flop is an all-in play.

0evg0
03-20-2007, 04:22 AM
wtf

this hand is sick standard

check flop

2/3 turn

2/3 river and call a push because your read says he thinks AJ is the nts here

ciro bonano
03-20-2007, 08:34 AM
[ QUOTE ]
checking this flop is fine and I would say standard

[/ QUOTE ]Could you explain this limit player why checking the flop is standard?

What would you do against say a 2/3 psb from CO? From button?

nukewell
03-20-2007, 09:45 AM
too passive, by not betting the flop its hard to kow where the CO is

turn check is fine to keep the pot down

as played i think a 2/3 value bet on the river is the best way to go as he calls with a lot of hands u beat and u can fold to a raise, maybe