PDA

View Full Version : Is Pokerplayersalliance.org for real?

PE101
01-03-2006, 11:36 PM
Is Pokerplayersalliance.org legit? Is there any indication that it is effective?

It sounds like a great idea, but is it?

Thanks

Niediam
01-04-2006, 05:57 AM
Yes. No clue... and no clue. Sorry I couldn't help more. Atleast you get a Party bonus out of it.

FeliciaLee
01-04-2006, 03:23 PM
A big red flag went up when I first heard about this, and that Party was behind it.

An even bigger alarm rang when the attorney on this forum volunteered free legal services and Party turned him down.

I smell a rat.

PE101
01-04-2006, 04:37 PM
I don't think it was Party that turned down the attorney, I think it was Poker Player's Alliance...

And they turn him down by not responding.

Wynton
01-04-2006, 04:42 PM
Yeah, that's right, it was the alliance that ignored the offer I made. And I don't mean to suggest that this means the organization is not legitimate. Based upon the people involved, I believe it's legit; but at this point, it does not seem very efficient or active.

Indeed, I've looked at their webpage occasionally for the past few months, and never noticed any updates. They may be doing good work in the background, but it would be nice if we could actually witness whatever it is that they're doing.

PE101
01-04-2006, 08:06 PM
So...
Tell me more about the bonus. I don't see anything on Party's web site. Does it matter what order you do it in? Can I join the org and then apply for the bonus, or do I have to join from within the deposit screen?

_TKO_
01-05-2006, 12:19 PM
[ QUOTE ]
So...
Tell me more about the bonus. I don't see anything on Party's web site. Does it matter what order you do it in? Can I join the org and then apply for the bonus, or do I have to join from within the deposit screen?

[/ QUOTE ]

Try the Internet Gambling forum.

ESKiMO-SiCKNE5S
01-09-2006, 08:02 AM
has anyone else really considered what they have done here?

i mean did anyone join this organisation for any reason other than the bonus? im a signed up member who disagrees with almost everything they say =/

PE101
01-09-2006, 01:02 PM
What have they said that you disagree with? Maybe I've missed something.

Thanks,

ESKiMO-SiCKNE5S
01-10-2006, 04:25 PM
the majority... they seem fairly gaming lobby type, with fairly irresponsible messages throughout their site.

poker is a gambling game... that not everyone can win at

the point is more how many people are members that dont even know who they are, yet whose names will be used to promote their activities.

i mean, im gonna be honest, i dont really care at all. its just an observation

ImsaKidd
01-10-2006, 11:27 PM
You can use the $85 to forget about the "bad" messages they are spreading. I don't think having an organization like this is all that bad really. It surely can't hurt, and if party will pay me to sign up, more power to em.

Rick Nebiolo
01-27-2006, 01:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Is Pokerplayersalliance.org legit? Is there any indication that it is effective?

It sounds like a great idea, but is it?

Thanks

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know but I had one experience that raised a red flag.

There is an attorney who plays NL in one of the local clubs who is somehow involved with or a supporter of this organization (I've seen him show information sheets to friends and listened to his discussions about the organization at or near the table on several occasions).

One day I'm in seat two watching a big hand develop in a $400 (or $200) NL game. Huge pot already that is three-way on the flop or turn. Very deep stack in seat three makes a big bet, very deep stact in seat seven makes a big raise *. Attorney mentioned above is in seat nine and goes into the tank. Finally he stands up, smiles, then openly shows his cards to seat seven only and slides the cards face down into the muck.

Now I let most of the unethical small stuff go (not to be a nit) but this was so far over the line I spoke up. He basicly harrassed me and told me to STFU.

My concern is that he may be involved with the ethics committee.

~ Rick

* The action may be slightly off but the essential elements are correct.

Easy E
01-27-2006, 06:19 PM
[ QUOTE ]
poker is a gambling game... that not everyone can win at

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you saying you disagree with this, if this is in fact one of the things this organization is saying?

Which part do you mistakenly disagree with- first half, or second?

TruePoker CEO
02-06-2006, 01:56 PM
I know that I contacted them on behalf of Truepoker about lobbying on behalf of the industry when they first surfaced to see what help/alliances/money they might be interested in.

I got zero response.