PDA

View Full Version : Please review these two Hi hands

gdsdiscgolfer
01-03-2006, 11:34 PM
7 Card Stud High ($0.25/$0.50), Ante $0.10, Bring-In $0.15 (converter (http://j.1asphost.com/greenage))

3rd Street

Seat 0: xx xx A/images/graemlins/spade.gif___calls
Seat 1: xx xx 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif___folds
Seat 2: xx xx K/images/graemlins/heart.gif___calls
Seat 3: xx xx 9/images/graemlins/club.gif___folds
Seat 5: xx xx K/images/graemlins/club.gif___folds
Seat 6: xx xx Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif___folds
Hero: 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif 7/images/graemlins/club.gif___brings in

4th Street

Seat 0: xx xx A/images/graemlins/spade.gif Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif___checks___folds
Seat 2: xx xx K/images/graemlins/heart.gif Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif___checks___folds
Hero: 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif 7/images/graemlins/club.gif 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif___bets

Here, I figured the high cards were dead enough and no-one raised third so there was likely little strength.

7 Card Stud High ($0.25/$0.50), Ante $0.10, Bring-In $0.15 (converter (http://j.1asphost.com/greenage))

3rd Street

Seat 1: xx xx K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif___calls
Seat 2: xx xx A/images/graemlins/heart.gif___calls
Seat 3: xx xx 9/images/graemlins/club.gif___folds
Seat 5: xx xx 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif___brings in___calls
Seat 6: xx xx 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif___folds
Hero: 8/images/graemlins/club.gif 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif J/images/graemlins/spade.gif___raises

4th Street

Seat 1: xx xx K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 7/images/graemlins/club.gif___checks
Seat 2: xx xx A/images/graemlins/heart.gif 2/images/graemlins/club.gif___checks
Seat 5: xx xx 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif___checks
Hero: 8/images/graemlins/club.gif 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif J/images/graemlins/spade.gif K/images/graemlins/club.gif___checks

5th Street

Seat 1: xx xx K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 7/images/graemlins/club.gif 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif___folds
Seat 2: xx xx A/images/graemlins/heart.gif 2/images/graemlins/club.gif 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif___folds
Seat 5: xx xx 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif___checks___calls
Hero: 8/images/graemlins/club.gif 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif J/images/graemlins/spade.gif K/images/graemlins/club.gif 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif___bets

6th Street

Seat 5: xx xx 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif K/images/graemlins/spade.gif___checks___calls
Hero: 8/images/graemlins/club.gif 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif J/images/graemlins/spade.gif K/images/graemlins/club.gif 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif___bets

River

Seat 5: xx xx 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif K/images/graemlins/spade.gif xx___checks___folds
Hero: 8/images/graemlins/club.gif 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif J/images/graemlins/spade.gif K/images/graemlins/club.gif 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif___bets

My read on Villain was that he was chasing the whole time. Nevertheless, is the river a donk bet given that he may not fold anything better but will only call with things that beat me?

preiserone
01-03-2006, 11:46 PM
Hand 1 is good imo your hand is probably best at that point, but you can't give free cards with such a vulnerable hand if they are willing to fold, good job.

Second hand, I would probably bet on 4th street since they all caught pretty bad cards and your hand is probably best.
I'm not really sure what the best play for 6th and 7th are. I usually check 6th and maybe check/fold 7th unimproved, that may be a weak line though.

frappeboy
01-03-2006, 11:57 PM
First hand is fine, even if your opponent shows you aces you still are only about a 60-40 underdog since you've got the 3 straight, but in this case it looks like your 9s are good.

I was going to tell you that you should fold 3rd street on the 2nd hand, but I just realized you are playing at an insanely loose ante structure so the raise is probably correct. Given the ante structure I'd go ahead and bet 4th street. If this was a tight ante structure I'd tell you to check here though.

I don't like the bet on 5th street at all. I mean, if you're willing to check 4th street with unimproved 8s, why are you betting now that 2 opponents both make open pairs. I'd definitely check here.

I think I'd check behind on 6th street too. You could be ahead, but I think most of the time you won't be here. If you had some kind of draw to go with the 8s I'd suggest betting, but with no draw and just 8s I check behind here.

The river is a check, at this level anyone will call you down with 2 pair. You've just gotta check and hope the 8s are good.