PDA

View Full Version : F'd up news story to discuss

El Diablo
03-15-2007, 02:19 PM
http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/03/15/dog.head.ap/index.html

"A 17-year-old girl who spent weeks looking for her missing dog unwrapped a box left on her doorstep and found the pet's severed head inside, authorities said."

WTF?

TiK
03-15-2007, 02:21 PM
My friend just IMed me this link. The even more [censored] up part is the note that was left accompanying the severed head. WTF indeed.

Mrs. Utah
03-15-2007, 02:25 PM
Do you think it was really wise to print the new puppy's name?

Aloysius
03-15-2007, 02:28 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Two weeks ago, a gift-wrapped box was left at the house Crystal shares with her grandmother. The box had batteries on top, and a note that said "Congratulations Crystal. This side up. Batteries included."

Crystal opened the box and found her dog's head inside. The box also contained Valentine's Day candy.

[/ QUOTE ]

Is this in the PUA playbook?

-Al

Aloysius
03-15-2007, 02:33 PM
On a serious note I mean chances are this is a spurned guy, or some creepy dude who she doesn't even know but worshiped her.

I have a hard time seeing this being a random act from someone who isn't connected to her in some way. But who knows there are some very twisted people out there...

-Al

Los Feliz Slim
03-15-2007, 02:39 PM
How in heaven does a 17 year-old girl get mixed up with the mafia like this?

disjunction
03-15-2007, 02:40 PM
The dog went back in time to 18th century France?

El Diablo
03-15-2007, 02:45 PM
All,

I don't think this is what happened, but wouldn't it be something if this girl actually did this herself?

Aloysius
03-15-2007, 02:47 PM
Diablo - honestly, that would actually blow my mind (and of course truly redefine the term 'attention whore').

-Al

El Diablo
03-15-2007, 02:49 PM
Al,

--
"I felt empty," Crystal told the Star Tribune of Minneapolis. "I couldn't talk to anyone. He was my dog. It was just me and him. ... I told him everything and he never shared any of my secrets."

She now has a new puppy, another Australian shepherd. She's named it Diesel. "Hopefully, he'll be my best friend," Crystal said.
--

Indications of wackjobiness?

disjunction
03-15-2007, 02:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]
All,

I don't think this is what happened, but wouldn't it be something if this girl actually did this herself?

[/ QUOTE ]

Only vaguely possible if it was already dead. No way she'd kill it herself then do it. She'd have to be both a sociopath and needy at the same time. For the same reasons, it's hard to see her doing it even if it already dead.

Nothing wrong with getting a new dog. A friend probably told her to.

Aloysius
03-15-2007, 02:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]
"I told him everything and he never shared any of my secrets."

[/ QUOTE ]

ahahha whoah I kind of glossed over that part.

3-1 she beheaded her dog.

-Al

7ontheline
03-15-2007, 02:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Al,

--
"I felt empty," Crystal told the Star Tribune of Minneapolis. "I couldn't talk to anyone. He was my dog. It was just me and him. ... I told him everything and he never shared any of my secrets."

She now has a new puppy, another Australian shepherd. She's named it Diesel. "Hopefully, he'll be my best friend," Crystal said.
--

[/ QUOTE ]

Probably indications of being a teenage girl trying to say something to reporters about how important and sweet her dog was to her. Not so bad IMO.

But. . .maybe she did do it. . .

Aloysius
03-15-2007, 02:58 PM
How could the dog share any of her secrets? She is f'in crazy man.

-Al

kidcolin
03-15-2007, 03:00 PM
Maybe the dog was sick of all of her effing secrets and couldn't take it anymore.

ChicagoTroy
03-15-2007, 03:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]

-Al

[/ QUOTE ]
And what could the secrets be that you would whack a dog over them?

fish2plus2
Chances are that she is a weird kid and some other sick kids who dislike her and know her feelings for the dog did it.

asofel
[ QUOTE ]
Maybe the dog was sick of all of her effing secrets and couldn't take it anymore.

[/ QUOTE ]

hahahaha, exactly.

Either that, or he got in touch with the Bushes Baked Beans dog and was threatening to tell in return for that famous Bush recipe....

disjunction
03-15-2007, 03:07 PM
Interesting point that if somebody told you on a scale of 1-10 that she's a 10 for being weird, this would make her more likely to do it but it would make other kids way more likely to do it as well.

Aloysius
03-15-2007, 03:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Chances are that she is a weird kid and some other sick kids who dislike her and know her feelings for the dog did it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Good point KKF. So basically like some Goth kids did something heinous to the weird quiet girl with no friends. This actually kind of makes sense.

-Al

Stuey
03-15-2007, 03:15 PM
Why does a 17 year old girl have secrets?

Nick B.
03-15-2007, 03:19 PM
It was probably this guy.

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f236/tepop/2002_red_dragon_009.jpg

disjunction
03-15-2007, 03:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Why does a 17 year old girl have secrets?

[/ QUOTE ]

who she likes, who she's mad at, etc. stuff that only a canine would understand.

troymclur
03-15-2007, 03:47 PM
[ QUOTE ]

-Al

[/ QUOTE ]

Weird indeed, but haven't you ever said anything that was completely obvious but stated it for emphasis? For example: "I write in my diary because it knows how to keep a secret".

She's basically saying that the dog served as a safe outlet for her. Plus she's 17, she's just graduated from her Super Secret Silent Teddybear.

Quanah Parker
03-15-2007, 04:04 PM
I came across this story earlier today.
This is the kind of story that makes me want to quit reading/watching the news altogether.
Totally frigging depressing.

Then again, this is the kind of thread I totally dig. Got me thinking and laughing. I did find it slightly weird that the girl made the statement about the dog keeping her secrets, but she is 17, and a journalist quotes the interesting tidbits, obviously.

What would you do if this was done to your dog?
What would you do if you found out who did it?

Full-Metall
03-15-2007, 04:09 PM
Maybe the dog squeeled

thatpfunk
03-15-2007, 04:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

thats exactly what i thought as well but i cant get over how extremely [censored] up this would be.

LeapFrog
03-15-2007, 04:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]
It was probably this guy.

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f236/tepop/2002_red_dragon_009.jpg

[/ QUOTE ]
DUC!

Spanaway Vin
03-15-2007, 04:26 PM
http://farm1.static.flickr.com/125/422378272_00e0e19f6d_o.gif

CharlieDontSurf
03-15-2007, 08:42 PM
The girl lives with her grandmother...obs parents died or abandoned her..hence the personal/emotional issues.

This is really f'd up though. They knew her address, name etc so she has to know that someone she is friends with did it..or she has a seriously "serial killer in training" stalker.

ahnuld
03-15-2007, 08:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Al,

--

--

[/ QUOTE ]

sarcastic? Thats pretty standard for dog people, and having lost my dog at the same age I would have said the exact same thing at the time.

antidan444
03-15-2007, 11:17 PM
The person who cut the dog's head off should have taped it back to the body and given it back to her, Dumb and Dumber style.

On a related note, I'm going to hell.

egocidal
03-16-2007, 12:29 AM
brilliant pic spanaway

pic of dogs face is priceless

DLizzle
03-16-2007, 01:30 AM
should've just given the guy the starring role in her new movie

but seriously, that's [censored]

onoble
03-16-2007, 11:51 AM
I'm sure she deserved it.

Leaky Eye
03-16-2007, 01:23 PM
Maybe someone saw one of her missing posters then later found the dog dead. They were just returning the head and trying to cheer her up with gift wrapping and candy. Totally standard.

ImsaKidd
03-16-2007, 01:44 PM
[ QUOTE ]
The person who cut the dog's head off should have taped it back to the body and given it back to her, Dumb and Dumber style.

On a related note, I'm going to hell.

[/ QUOTE ]

wow

Mermade
03-16-2007, 06:47 PM
I grew up in a rural town in the Midwest. The boys I knew growing up would kill just about anything with little compunction.

I remember talking to someone about how a black lab was hanging around his farm one day. He didn't recognize it, so he took the handgun he'd gotten for his birthday and shot it in the head. A couple of hours later, his neighbor (who also just happened to be the vice principal of the high school) came with his daughter asking if he'd seen their dog. He just looked them both in the eye and said "No." Although he felt terrible after the fact, he wouldn't have given it a thought if the dog hadn't turned out to be owned by someone he knew.

Furthermore, pranks abounded with dead animals in our high school. There was nothing to this degree or with this implied twistedness; but, just as an example, we dissected cats in an upper-level biology course and some of the cats were pregnant. Someone snuck some cat fetuses out of the lab, tucked a couple in a hamburger bun, and put it on the lunch tray of someone unpopular. Kids can be incredibly cruel. This girl could have been targeted just by being strange or unpopular or having crossed someone. The act would have been heinous even in the community I grew up in, but I think there would have been any number of potential suspects and the act would not have been considered so outside the realm of possibility.

andyfox
03-16-2007, 10:23 PM

Do dogs sometimes share secrets? Or might there be more to this story than meets the eye?

hanster
03-16-2007, 10:26 PM
Wow. Kids would do that to a dog? I highly doubt it. Only psychotic kid would do such thing. Didn't Ted Bundy start out torturing little animals (rabbits, mice) out in his backyard? Look how he's turned out. If the police catch who'd done this, I seriously think they should send the kid into some kind of psychological therapy. I'd never think about doing such thing because my mom is Buddhist and she wouldn't even kill an ant.

Nice find

KLJ
03-16-2007, 10:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]
http://img363.imageshack.us/img363/4614/42237827200e0e19f6dopd6.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP

Mickey Brausch
03-17-2007, 04:55 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Wouldn't it be something if this girl actually did this herself?

[/ QUOTE ]

Even for a luchador, this is F'd up.

MicroBob
03-17-2007, 06:12 AM
I think you guys are reading way too much into this, "never shared any of my secrets" thing.

It's just a sweet way for a young girl to say she was close to her dog.

4_2_it
03-17-2007, 09:42 AM
El D,

I do not think the girl is a whack job. She just experienced a very traumatic event and some reporter had to run up to her and stick a microphone in her face shortly afterward. She probably said a lot of other things, but the reporter probably just selected a few quotes for shock value.

The way this way personalized, it had to be somebody that she knew. Whoever did this better hope her dad or older brother (if sher has one) doesn't have a mean streak.

cognito20
03-17-2007, 10:32 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I came across this story earlier today.
This is the kind of story that makes me want to quit reading/watching the news altogether.
Totally frigging depressing.

Then again, this is the kind of thread I totally dig. Got me thinking and laughing. I did find it slightly weird that the girl made the statement about the dog keeping her secrets, but she is 17, and a journalist quotes the interesting tidbits, obviously.

What would you do if this was done to your dog?
What would you do if you found out who did it?

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, since my dogs are 135-pound and 110-pound Dobermans, they better be damn good with the knife or sword since they're only going to get one shot, at one of them, before they're looking at the bleeding stump where their arm used to be. If they -did- manage to kill them somehow, they better pray the police find them before I do. It would probably involve luring them onto my property under some pretense or another and then inflicting grievous bodily harm, claiming he was an intruder. Something along those lines.

As an added note, and another item on my long list of reasons called "Why I Don't Want To Live In F***ing Ithaca, New York For One More Minute", check out this wonderful story from yesterday's Ithaca Journal. Heartwarming.

http://www.theithacajournal.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=2007703160346

From the comments he made to the officer, it seems that somebody's got a rich lawyer daddy he thinks is going to get him out of this or that he's a Cornell Law student with a very over-heightened opinion of his own abilities. (Or he's thinking that since the dog lived, he's not going to get in that much trouble.) Or just a stupid arrogant college kid who thinks he's above the law. God knows we've got enough of them in this dump.

--Scott

jman220
03-17-2007, 10:38 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Two weeks ago, a gift-wrapped box was left at the house Crystal shares with her grandmother. The box had batteries on top, and a note that said "Congratulations Crystal. This side up. Batteries included."

Crystal opened the box and found her dog's head inside. The box also contained Valentine's Day candy.

[/ QUOTE ]

Is this in the PUA playbook?

-Al

[/ QUOTE ]

If I ever recieved a box like this on my doorstep and I didn't know where it was from, my first phone call would be to the bomb squad. Seriously.

Oh, and this is a [censored] up beyond all belief story. That poor girl.

toss
03-17-2007, 11:57 AM
[ QUOTE ]

Furthermore, pranks abounded with dead animals in our high school. There was nothing to this degree or with this implied twistedness; but, just as an example, we dissected cats in an upper-level biology course and some of the cats were pregnant. Someone snuck some cat fetuses out of the lab, tucked a couple in a hamburger bun, and put it on the lunch tray of someone unpopular. Kids can be incredibly cruel.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow. Those kids should be euthanized.

Duke
03-17-2007, 01:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Al,

--

--

[/ QUOTE ]

sarcastic? Thats pretty standard for dog people, and having lost my dog at the same age I would have said the exact same thing at the time.

[/ QUOTE ]

Let's break this down:

A: Person X does Y. Y is indicative of insanity.

B: People from the set Z, which contains X, also do Y.

I only see one conclusion to draw here.

Duke
03-17-2007, 01:46 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I think you guys are reading way too much into this, "never shared any of my secrets" thing.

[/ QUOTE ]

If she were 5 years old, and still believed in Santa Claus and the Easter Bunny, well, I think it would be cute and OK.

At 17, saying something like that is indicative of lacking a fundamental grasp on reality.

FoldEqu1ty
03-17-2007, 03:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Not quite all of them, wait until they find the crime scene:

http://img117.imageshack.us/img117/9228/dogcs4.jpg

Brocktoon
03-17-2007, 03:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If she were 5 years old, and still believed in Santa Claus and the Easter Bunny, well, I think it would be cute and OK.

At 17, saying something like that is indicative of lacking a fundamental grasp on reality.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're being presumptuous. She could have been saying it as a comparison to her other, human, friends. Talking to or about animals like that is common and certainly not indicative of a failure to grasp reality.

Imagine a guy looking at his dog after getting into a big fight with his wife and saying, "You're a good friend. You never get mad at me for not doing the dishes or taking the garbage out. We never get into arguments...etc" People say or think stuff like that all the time. She wasn't necessarily being literal.

El Diablo
03-17-2007, 03:53 PM
All,

Time for some new threads. I think we've exhausted all the solid chopped off dog head discussion.

El Diablo
03-23-2007, 12:40 PM
All,

Mrs. Utah just sent me this link:
http://wcco.com/topstories/local_story_082070159.html

"A 24-year-old man who may have wanted to be the boyfriend of a 17-year-old St. Paul girl was arrested Thursday on suspicion of beheading the girl's dog and sending its head to her in a gift-wrapped box."

Discuss away until it gets stupid and I lock this again (prediction: fast)!

ahnuld
03-23-2007, 12:43 PM
When I was 17 I know I would have loved for my grandmother to share this with the world:

"Crystal's grandmother said the girl has had emotional and mental health problems and has leaned on her dog for comfort."

punkass
03-23-2007, 02:03 PM
The only way to a teenager's heart is to behead her beloved pet and send it as a gift back. I don't know where he went wrong. The card must have sucked.

punkass
03-23-2007, 03:54 PM
It now seems the guy they have is an ex-bf of hers. He may have been bitter after she ended the relationship and started dating someone else. Information is from grandma.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/17758814/

El Diablo
03-23-2007, 04:27 PM
punk,

OK, so it turns out that this was just a belated non-standard Valentine's day gift. Blah, it so often turns out that there's a boring explanation for this kind of stuff.

fish2plus2
03-23-2007, 06:35 PM
"I grew up in a rural town in the Midwest."

Ouch.

guids
03-23-2007, 06:38 PM
Life rule #56:

Never mess around with a girl names Crystal.

keikiwai
03-23-2007, 07:18 PM
lol documents from the smoking gun

http://img87.imageshack.us/img87/7171/0323072dog1c2fe84gv1.jpg

http://img405.imageshack.us/img405/2817/0323072dog2cae596vm4.jpg

punkass
03-23-2007, 09:56 PM
with a chain saw? That's horrendous.

"He said it was done because of missing drugs." Interesting.

keikiwai
03-23-2007, 11:14 PM
In more dog hating news, a bounty has been put on the heads of the two drug dogs that sniffed out the giant shipment of pirated DVDs in Malaysia last week. (http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070322/ap_en_mo/malaysia_movie_piracy)

Like, in either case, it was the poor dog's fault. Kill people not dogs LDO!

Maulik
03-24-2007, 08:26 AM
Her actions are consistent with expected behavoir of a five year old; given her age she is a nutjob.

Mrs. Utah
03-24-2007, 11:21 AM
Another update along with a picture of the guy and a video clip.

http://wcco.com/topstories/local_story_082070159.html

DcifrThs
03-24-2007, 12:45 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Al,

--

--

[/ QUOTE ]

yes.

but i haven't ever conceived of the level of wackjobiness it would take to physically sever your own dogs head.

you'd have to be one of those "life is nothing, i hate everything and nobody would ever even look at me" kind of 17 year old girls who was also severely and violently abused as a child (and who likely has a history of killing squirrels frogs etc.)

she may be a little wacky but damn, dude...c'mon ... sever your own dogs head??

i dont think so.

Barron

oe39
03-25-2007, 04:07 PM
missing drugs eh? i figured odds were good she was a druggie or a sloot

danzasmack
03-29-2007, 03:43 PM
sometimes you just gotta pleasure yourself and there is nothing you can do to stop it (http://media.www.michigandaily.com/media/storage/paper851/news/2007/03/26/Crime/Masturbating.Trespasser.Booted.From.Frat-2791352.shtml)

HeroInBlack
03-29-2007, 04:54 PM
Thank God (or whatever) for the El D. forum. If this story would have been posted on BBV, I'm certain a very disturbing (yet equally hilarious) chain of MSPaint images would have shortly followed, ala the lost cat likely eaten by coyotes.

suzzer99
10-09-2007, 07:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]
sometimes you just gotta pleasure yourself and there is nothing you can do to stop it (http://media.www.michigandaily.com/media/storage/paper851/news/2007/03/26/Crime/Masturbating.Trespasser.Booted.From.Frat-2791352.shtml)

[/ QUOTE ]

"Fraternity members said they will throw out two couches in the living room because of the incident, Nye said."

What is this, the gay frat?