PDA

View Full Version : Final Table Poker, what "Pro" is Michael Buffer supposed to be?

RowdyZ
01-03-2006, 11:10 PM
This is taken from his website so I am not giving anything away but here are his 5 final table opponents I thought it was fun to match them up with the pro they represent.

Butch Dude...
is primarily an Internet player. Butch is part of the “Cool Guy Crew,” an exclusive poker club for the young and unemployed.

I loved this, shows Phil has a sense of humor..
easy ID Dutch Boyd

Harmony Jensen

" ... is an awesome player in every respect with no glaring weaknesses.

Cute blonde, another easy one. Jennifer Harman..

K.W.
. is one of the best players in the world who has mastered just about every playing style and every game

lets see a black guy who matchs that.. Duh.. Phil Ivey thought I don't know where the name came from.

Bruce Buffer (the younger brother of Michael) who is also an announcer, he does Mixed Martials arts for UFC not boxing. This one is tough...

"...plays poker like an ultimate fighter battles –- very aggressive, no mercy, do or die. I’m not gonna let Bruce intimidate me with his threatening table talk and physical presence, but I am going to give his game respect. Bruce is a part of the “any two cards can win” school and so he’s almost impossible to read. He’s extremely aggressive and loves to bully the table

Not sure here,, I can think of a few who match some parts well but not others... Thoughts??

Chris "Jesus" Ferguson

" ... is one of the world’s best poker players and also one of the nicest guys I know.

hmmmm I think I am going to have to go with Chris Ferguson on this one.

RoyalLance
01-03-2006, 11:56 PM
I'm guessing the random celebirty who plays poker, not a pro.

paulish
01-04-2006, 12:04 AM
Barny Boatman

Jordan Olsommer
01-04-2006, 01:40 AM
[ QUOTE ]

Chris "Jesus" Ferguson

" ... is one of the world’s best poker players and also one of the nicest guys I know.

[/ QUOTE ]

You'd think so, but if you pay attention to the subtle yet unmistakable clues, it is clear that he is meant to represent Kathy Liebert.

RowdyZ
01-04-2006, 10:13 AM
At first I was thinking maybe Buffer was Mike the mouth,
very aggressive.
table talk
any two can win..
bluffs alot..
hard to read
bully the table..

However these parts really don't fit Mike..
Bruce intimidate me threatening physical presence,

Sorry but Mike physical presence is about as intimdating and threatening as the Pillsbury Doughboy.

It also says he is a kickboxer and he dressed nice.. I would say Luske(nice dresser and a blackbelt) but Marcel has more class then that.

Farha.. Grizzard.. Amir....

RZ

jimitilt
01-04-2006, 12:27 PM
playing style...Hoyt Corkins

kagame
01-04-2006, 12:42 PM
does he also bad beat the hell out of everyone? then itd definitely be hoyt

Grumbo
01-04-2006, 01:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Bruce Buffer (the younger brother of Michael) who is also an announcer, he does Mixed Martials arts for UFC not boxing. This one is tough...

"...plays poker like an ultimate fighter battles –- very aggressive, no mercy, do or die. I’m not gonna let Bruce intimidate me with his threatening table talk and physical presence, but I am going to give his game respect. Bruce is a part of the “any two cards can win” school and so he’s almost impossible to read. He’s extremely aggressive and loves to bully the table

Not sure here,, I can think of a few who match some parts well but not others... Thoughts??

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought he was playing himself. Wasn't he at a WPT final table one time?

TexBigSlick
01-04-2006, 06:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I thought he was playing himself. Wasn't he at a WPT final table one time?

[/ QUOTE ]

I remembered that from the credits also, though I'd never heard of him (or the UFC Octagon!).

Here's a link. Bruce Buffer Website (http://www.bufferzone.net/upclose/)

World Poker Tour Invitational Appearance Link (http://www.bufferzone.net/schedule/index.html)

Rob (TexBigSlick)

LLKOOLK1
01-04-2006, 09:45 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Chris "Jesus" Ferguson

[/ QUOTE ]

You'd think so, but if you pay attention to the subtle yet unmistakable clues, it is clear that he is meant to represent Kathy Liebert.

[/ QUOTE ]
NH
-LL

RowdyZ
01-04-2006, 09:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Chris "Jesus" Ferguson

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You think? looking back I was thinking maybe he was going for a Phil Hellmuth.. worlds best.. nicest guy... had to be Phil.

RZ

Zele
01-04-2006, 09:53 PM
$350,000,000 in sales from one catch phrase. Goddamn genius.

Just imagine if he had thought up "I Wanna Dip My Balls In It".

RussianBear
01-09-2006, 01:52 PM
Bill Fillmaff