PDA

View Full Version : post your favorite sex mix

Dominic
03-15-2007, 03:30 AM
a good sex mix must be more than a bunch of vaguely sexy songs strung together haphazardly. They can be all of a genre or be surprisingly different - yet still mix and match as if originally made to play together.

They must not all be songs you just "happen to love." They should be songs chosen for her. Ones you feel will surprise her, excite her and make her feel sexy.

Like the act itself, a good sex mix must first set the mood and tease a little bit before getting into the heavy petting and foreplay. It must steadily rise towards a peak with sudden, delirious falls that take your breath away, leaving you begging for more. Finally, it must build to an inevitable and perfect climax that leaves the listener both satisfied, exhausted, and yet, willing to listen to the whole thing all over again.

rules:

no more than 15 songs - if you can last longer than 15 songs go give Sting lessons.

no "side one of Led Zep IV" - nothing wrong with this but be original.

most of the sex you are having is no longer in a dorm room.

you can name at least one Barry White song (it doesn't have to be in your mix, just name one!)

oh, and including "I Wanna Sex U Up" by Color Me Badd immediately disqualifies you to discuss anything sex related on these forums for the next two months.

There are all kinds of sex mixes...this is my "seduction" mix. Soft and sexy, with a side of aggression just underneath. Perfect for that first time together.

1. La Femme d'Argent.....................Air
2. My Torture...................................Esthero
3. Sugar Water...............................Cibo Matto
4. In the Waiting Line.....................Zero 7
5. To Be Free..................................Emiliana Torrini
6. Give it Up....................................8MM
7. Heaven........................................The Golden Palominios
8. Passing By..................................Zero 7
9. Dissolved Girl.............................Massive Attack
10. Glory Box.................................Portishead
11. Hell is Around the Corner........Tricky
12. 2Wicky.....................................Hooverp honic
13. Angel........................................Massi ve Attack

give it some thought and post some of yours!

edited to add that if mods feel this is not an El D thread, please move it to OOT.

7ontheline
03-15-2007, 03:34 AM
This is really an EDF thread? Well anyway, I don't have any songs in particular to suggest because I'm married and we generally don't have music playing. I understand the need to set a mood for those who are still single, but I'd be interested in hearing how many posters here who are married or in long-term stable relationships have music playing during. As you said, people in college/dorms need not respond to my question.

Reef
03-15-2007, 03:37 AM
don't have a mix so to speak but Marvin Gaye, Shai, some Boyz II Men, and a little Usher are good

keikiwai
03-15-2007, 03:53 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I understand the need to set a mood for those who are still single,

[/ QUOTE ]

i'd suggest setting the mood is even more important for those of us who are married / in long term relationships

try playing some moood music and starting with a massage
with scented oils or something hoaky like that

i think you'll be pleasantly surprised

when you first bang someone, the novelty of the encounter heat thinggs up... but if you're in a relationship, sometimes it helps to go out of your way and do something like play mood music or whatever.. imo

Dominic
03-15-2007, 03:56 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I understand the need to set a mood for those who are still single,

[/ QUOTE ]

i'd suggest setting the mood is even more important for those of us who are married / in long term relationships

try playing some moood music and starting with a message
with scented oils or something hoaky like that

i think you'll be pleasantly surprised

when you first bang someone, the novelty of the encounter heat thinggs up... but if you're in a relationship, sometimes it helps to go out of your way and do something like play mood music or whatever.. imo

[/ QUOTE ]

what kind of message???

/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

all kidding aside, I would certainly think setting the mood would be more important to long-time couples.

Evenkeal
03-15-2007, 03:59 AM
[ QUOTE ]
most of the sex you are having is no longer in a dorm room.

[/ QUOTE ]
dammit

ps. i will use that mix, thanks dom

adsman
03-15-2007, 04:07 AM
These are on my current ipod bonk list.

Summer Love (Beach house dub) - Factor 15.

Nights Interlude - Nightmare on Wax

Protection - Massive Attack

Walking Wounded - Everything but the Girl

Street Spirit - Radiohead.

Chill Out - John Lee Hooker

Problems - Salmonella Dub

Tsunami (Inside my Soul) - Sven Van Hees

The Great Gig in the Sky - Pink Floyd.

suzzer99
03-15-2007, 04:17 AM
Nice to see some Massive Attack in there Dom. I don't really have a mix, since 3rd world bar girls usually aren't that particular. But scanning through my MP3s, if I did it would probably also have:

This Mortal Coil - Kangaroo (their second album - It'll End in Tears - is awesome in it's entirety the bedroom)
Orbital - Blue Illusion
Exile - I Want to Kiss You All Over
Mazzy Star - Fade Into You
Commodores - Easy
Britney Spears - Toxic (Armand Van Helden remix)
Postal Service - DC Sleeps Tonight
Daft Punk - Da Funk
Curtis Mayfield - Superfly
Smiths - How Soon is Now
My Bloody Valentine - When you sleep
Beth Orton - Chinese Whisper
Death in Vegas - Dirt
Iio - Rapture
Flaming Lips - Fight Test
Berlin - The Metro
Maria Muldar - Midnight at the Oasis
Sugababies - Hole in the Head
Darude - Sandstorm

incognito
03-15-2007, 04:31 AM
There was an old playlist I had when I was at university that wasn't designed as a sex mix, but it ended up that way a couple of times. In a sort of Pavlovian way, it turned into one. I just went looking for it and can't find it anymore, but I remember the key points:

Elsewhere (Freedom Sessions version) -- Sarah McLachlan
A Case of You -- Joni Mitchell
Romeo and Juliet -- Dire Straits
Soul to Squeeze -- Red Hot Chili Peppers
Lead Me Upstairs -- David Gray
(bunch of stuff in here, more Massive Attack but don't remember what, and definitely Glory Box... seeing that in Dom's list is what reminded me)
Jesus Coming in For the Kill -- Life's Addiction
Teardrop -- Massive Attack
Roads -- Portishead

Note to aspiring mix-makers: I don't think I've met a female of any age who didn't like "A Case of You". It's a great song for setting the mood.

suzzer99
03-15-2007, 04:35 AM
Romeo and Juliet, nice.

El Diablo
03-15-2007, 05:04 AM
Dom,

"edited to add that if mods feel this is not an El D thread, please move it to OOT."

Verdict on that was gonna be based on your mix.

Dude, that is one sweet f'ing mix.

I'm not prepared to bring something that can stand anywhere close to that right now (I met a girl tonight that I'm hoping this will become significant for and for right now I'm just gonna go with your mix!), but I'm gonna try and come up with a next level response!

For any haters in this thread, if you're gonna criticize, bring a better mix than Dom's and I'll ban him or something.

keikiwai
03-15-2007, 05:06 AM
my mood music changes all the time w/ no work on my part

it's called

The Big Sonic Chill

and it can be found on FM949 in San Diego late at night

however... now they have music on demand! so I just go to:

http://fm949sd.com/aod/aod.cfm

1st one on the list

the playlists (which have tons of bands i'm not usually exposed to) cna be found here (scroll down)

http://www.fm949sd.com/station/chill.cfm

(cheesy pun on their part is that they say, "music to put you in the mood; we supply Everything But the Girl (http://www.google.com/musica?aid=jga2fqaNzIO&sa=X&oi=music&ct=result)"

anyway, a separate thread could be made on FM949, they are pretty damn good, especially when compared to the trash that is music radio in general these days (they broadcast a Pearl Jam concert live, they have good interviews, they promot local bands, etc.)) <3 double parentheses

hmkpoker
03-15-2007, 05:10 AM
Anabolic Frolic - Happy 2B Hardcore Volume 3

Don't knock it till you've tried it /images/graemlins/wink.gif

Rick Nebiolo
03-15-2007, 06:12 AM
Dom,

gf picked these out tonight from a much larger five star blues playlist on iTunes. not sure it's cheating to have one's gf do the list. Note there's no real crescendo or climax associated with this grouping but I'm in my fifties so it really doesn't matter.

Tonight's bada bing mix:

Love Is a Gamble by Duke Robillard
I'm Still in Love With You by Duke Robillard
Duke's Mood by Duke Robillard
Five String Blues by Roy Buchanan
Down by the River [live] by Roy Buchanan
Little Wing by Stevie Ray Vaughan
Slow Blues In 'C (live) by Alvin Lee/Ten Years After

Sexiest Barry White song: "I'm Gonna Love You Just a Little More, Baby"

~ Rick

JaBlue
03-15-2007, 07:05 AM
Some kind of mix of Ratatat, Broken Social Scene, Wilco, and velvet underground. Depends what kind of sex we want to have, a lot of times there's no music. In the process of recovering music collection so hiphop/rap/electronic/jazz all not an option now /images/graemlins/frown.gif

or alternatively I'll just put on some Clap Your Hands Say Yeah!

lippy
03-15-2007, 08:25 AM
1 lady
1 bed
5 scented candles
1 bottle of Astroglide
1 Lippy

Mix together with high heat for 20 minutes, sleep immediately afterward.

HoosierAlum
03-15-2007, 08:32 AM
Just play Usher's "Confessions" on repeat at a moderate level.

OrigamiSensei
03-15-2007, 08:42 AM
I've never been one to put mixes together, but a few albums have figured prominently in mood setting during my marriage:

Kate Bush, The Sensual World (Sentimental favorite because it was the "soundtrack" for our first time)
Joni Mitchell, Blue or For the Roses (If memory serves "A Case of You" is on Blue)
Steely Dan, Gaucho or Aja

I'm an old fogey, so you'll note the music is old school.

Go_Blue88
03-15-2007, 11:16 AM
i don't listen to music when i have sex. that's all i really have to say about that.

TripSearching
03-15-2007, 11:43 AM
Ben Harper's version of Sexual Healing needs to be on the mix imo.

troymclur
03-15-2007, 11:50 AM
Slow and Easy by Joe Satriani. Anytime i play that, people always comment, without provocation, that it's the ultimate sex song.

guids
03-15-2007, 12:06 PM
depends on the mood, I usually stick to one artist. if it is a middle of the day thing and cold out, usually throw on some marvin gaye, al green, old school stuff, if Im comming home drunk at 4 am, I stick to fast r kelly stuff, than his slow stuff. A nice spring afternoon, before I go out and she is getting ready I like to put on rat pack stuff, so we can dance a little first, than do it.

EvanJC
03-15-2007, 12:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

STOP STEALING MY SEX MUSIC KTHX

in all seriousness though, this kind of dreampop is so ideal imo.

7ontheline
03-15-2007, 03:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Anabolic Frolic - Happy 2B Hardcore Volume 3

Don't knock it till you've tried it /images/graemlins/wink.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Dude, seriously, no. Unless you're sexing up a 15 year old wannabe raver girl on crack. Then, maybe. But probably still no.

thatpfunk
03-15-2007, 04:24 PM
ive actually been curious about this recently. ive never gotten around to putting on music w/ my gf. do you stop things and say, "hold on, i need to put on some music?" do you guys plan sex ahead of time? how does an actual mix come into play?

sometimes music is obviously on, im just kinda confused as to how you get into this situation. does good music make things so much better that its worth stopping foreplay for a minute and turning on the cd player or ipod?

help me dom, help me.

JaBlue
03-15-2007, 04:43 PM
pfunk, for me sometimes we'll be watching a movie or something. When I get up to turn off the movie, I turn on the music. Then when I get back we have sex.

thatpfunk
03-15-2007, 05:11 PM
ja,
i just let the dvd menu play over and over and over.

Dominic
03-15-2007, 05:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]
ive actually been curious about this recently. ive never gotten around to putting on music w/ my gf. do you stop things and say, "hold on, i need to put on some music?" do you guys plan sex ahead of time? how does an actual mix come into play?

sometimes music is obviously on, im just kinda confused as to how you get into this situation. does good music make things so much better that its worth stopping foreplay for a minute and turning on the cd player or ipod?

help me dom, help me.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL...if you're like most of us nowadays, you've got aniPod type device that already has various playlists of your music. When you guy's start getting intimate turn off the TV and just put one of your playlists on "shuffle." Obviously, I'm talking about an appropriate playlist and not something like "best of Death Metal."

thatpfunk
03-15-2007, 05:42 PM
ill give it a try w/ your list. trip report to follow, perhaps.

Dominic
03-15-2007, 05:47 PM
[ QUOTE ]
ill give it a try w/ your list. trip report to follow, perhaps.

[/ QUOTE ]

definitely want to hear about it!

don't forget to set the mood in other ways, okay? you know: candles, clean bedding/room, hygienically scrubbed down, etc.

thatpfunk
03-15-2007, 05:56 PM
plan/brag: shes a yoga instructor, ill use the mix during our private class and then transition.

holla?

Dominic
03-15-2007, 06:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]
plan/brag: shes a yoga instructor, ill use the mix during our private class and then transition.

holla?

[/ QUOTE ]

sounds good to me.

she got a sister?
/images/graemlins/cool.gif

troymclur
03-15-2007, 06:41 PM
I'd like to add that the video for Sugar Water (http://youtube.com/watch?v=ZPJ9TS_5tAo) is incredible.

KJS
03-15-2007, 07:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Obviously, I'm talking about an appropriate playlist and not something like "best of Death Metal."

[/ QUOTE ]

This one flies with me and the mrs.

KJS

jlocdog
03-15-2007, 09:00 PM
1. Love Is A Beautiful Thing - Al Green
2. Its Great When We're Together - Finley Quaye
3. All I Want Is You - U2
4. Porcelein - Moby
5. Only Time - Enya
5. Fade Into You - Mazzy Star (and an AMAZING remix by DJ ZTrip)
6. I've Just Seen A Face - The Beatles
7. I'll Be Your Mirror - Velvet Underground
8. I Walk The Line - Johnny Cash
9. Hesitating Beauty - Billy Bragg and Wilco
10. Playground Love - Air
11. Let It Go - Morcheeba
12. Rock With You - Micheal Jackson
13. It Could Be Sweet - Portishead (any song from the album Dummy can be inserted here)

*Warning*

Definetly on the more mellow side. Not meant for crazy wild monkey sex. If need be, I will post that one /images/graemlins/blush.gif

PartysOver
03-16-2007, 12:05 AM
how do things change if you are still in college?

DLizzle
03-16-2007, 01:24 AM
Post deleted by [censored]

D.L.M.
03-16-2007, 01:40 AM
if you are in college, you need some of the slow r&b from the late 90s. Im in college now, but when i was in high school id pop my mix cd in and nail girls in my backseat.

Sad thing is that id always bust in the middle of song #6 LOL at me. so the other 10 songs were rarely played. except for the one time a cop rolled up on me and some random broad, and ask us a shiload of questions before he figured out that the only dangerous thing about me was in my pants.

after he left us alone, The girl was such a good sport that she agreed we could drive somewhere else and finish the job, and we did.

it was a while ago but these songs work
all my life-kc jojo
like almost every [censored] usher song that was a hit
rather be with you- bootsie collins(its old school but the best by far)
everybreath you take- puffy

there were others but i cant remember them, bootsie is a must for any sex em mix.

renodoc
03-16-2007, 10:32 AM
You Can Leave Your Hat On 4:31 Joe Cocker
Let's Get It On 4:53 Marvin Gaye
Can't Get Enough Of Your Love, Babe 3:55 Barry White
Sexual Healing 3:58 Marvin Gaye
Wicked Game 4:49 Chris Isaak Heart Shaped World
Whatever, Whenever 3:50 Groove Armada
A Private Interlude 3:55 Groove Armada
Gonna Make You Sweat (Everybody Dance Now)
Welcome To The Jungle 4:33 Guns N' Roses
You Shook Me All Night Long 3:30 AC/DC
Givin The Dog A Bone 3:32 AC/DC
Rock You Like A Hurricane 4:13 Scorpions
The Rover 5:38 Led Zeppelin
Houses Of The Holy 4:04 Led Zeppelin
Trampled Under Foot 5:38 Led Zeppelin

I think this is pretty cliche. I can't get through all the zep at my age now anyway, but there is a good reason the album is called "Physcial Graffiti"

EvanJC
03-16-2007, 12:11 PM

fluffpop62
03-16-2007, 12:42 PM
A lot of the music that I recognize (which isn't a lot) seems really boring and slow...where are the beats, yo!?

ChicagoTroy
03-16-2007, 01:01 PM
I just have The Benny Hill Show soundtrack on loop.

Dominic
03-16-2007, 02:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]
A lot of the music that I recognize (which isn't a lot) seems really boring and slow...where are the beats, yo!?

[/ QUOTE ]

well, my first mix is for seduction...there's plenty of beats but it's chill, you know?

When I'm home later I'll post another few mixes:

old school
playful
raw sex

thedustbustr
03-16-2007, 03:11 PM
ok so really now, how many songs on the playlist are you really getting through

Dominic
03-16-2007, 03:57 PM

Marwan
03-16-2007, 04:15 PM
Bring the noise - Public Enemy

IggyWH
03-16-2007, 04:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]
1. La Femme d'Argent.....................Air
2. My Torture...................................Esthero
3. Sugar Water...............................Cibo Matto
4. In the Waiting Line.....................Zero 7
5. To Be Free..................................Emiliana Torrini
6. Give it Up....................................8MM
7. Heaven........................................The Golden Palominios
8. Passing By..................................Zero 7
11. Hell is Around the Corner........Tricky
12. 2Wicky.....................................Hooverp honic
13. Angel........................................Massi ve Attack

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not sure I've ever heard of any of those songs.

I had a sweet one back in my college days that I made the mistake of letting a buddy at the time borrow it. It worked for him and he never gave it back.

I need some beat in my songs, not only to set an active mood, but then something you can move with the beat, if you know what I mean.

Here's something I came up with quick, in no particular order :

Silk - Freak Me
R Kelly - Feelin' On Your Booty
Jodeci - Freak 'N You
Rell - Are You Ready
112 - Anywhere
R Kelly - Your Body's Calling
504 Boyz - I Can Tell
Christion - Pimp This Love
Usher - Nice & Slow
R Kelly - Bump 'N Grind
LL Cool J - Doin' It
Juvenile - Slow Motion
Guniwine - Pony

Buckmulligan
03-16-2007, 05:33 PM
van morrison moondance album

Rick Nebiolo
03-16-2007, 05:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

One of the few albums in my collection from that era (Moondance was made in 1970) that still gets lots of play. I also recommend have Tupelo Honey and Astral Weeks.

~ Rick

thatpfunk
03-16-2007, 06:24 PM
"Silk - Freak Me
R Kelly - Feelin' On Your Booty
Jodeci - Freak 'N You
Rell - Are You Ready
112 - Anywhere
R Kelly - Your Body's Calling
504 Boyz - I Can Tell
Christion - Pimp This Love
Usher - Nice & Slow
R Kelly - Bump 'N Grind
LL Cool J - Doin' It
Juvenile - Slow Motion
Guniwine - Pony"

dont you feel cheesy hearing this stuff while youre humping? i feel like id just burst out laughing hearing r kelly or juvenile. i also dont know how i could resisit making a "piss on you" joke.

guids
03-16-2007, 06:40 PM
How old are you? 25 or 26? This is basically the same stuff I like.

Dominic
03-16-2007, 09:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

GREAT album for sex....

J.Brown
03-16-2007, 10:42 PM
here is a valentine's day mix that i gave to a bunch of my friends, it would def. work well in the bedroom.

i have to say it probably isn't better than Dom's mix though because i personally like to go the air, zero 7, thievery corporation, mushroom jazz/mark farina route (similar to his mix in most ways) but here is mine, a more "conventional version" of songs people with good taste should probably know....

within your reach- the replacements (from say anthing sdtrk)
sideways- citizen cope
northern sky- nick drake
fade into you- mazzy star
this years love- david gray
sonnet- the verve
i will follow you into the dark- death cab for cutie
between the bars- elliot smith
when the stars go blue- ryan adams
california stars- billy bragg and wilco
talk tonight- oasis
you on my mind in my sleep- richard ashcroft
cannonball- damien rice
lost without u- robin thicke

and i think my favorite barry white song is

playing your game baby

that is one smooth jam!!! /images/graemlins/blush.gif

cheers. J.

The Yugoslavian
03-16-2007, 11:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]
i also dont know how i could resisit making a "piss on you" joke.

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe R Kelly is in the mix for a segue opportunity?

/images/graemlins/blush.gif

Yugoslav

samjjones
03-17-2007, 12:07 AM
Buxom blonde, trashy brunette, Asian, redhead, athletic blonde, Asian, 18 year old college freshman, Asian.

Big Poppa Smurf
03-17-2007, 12:11 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

dammit I thought I would get to be the first to say Van Morrison. I would add that the Astral Weeks album and the first half of Magic Time are also excellent love making tuneskis.

edit: Lots of slow blues songs are great for sexing too. Something like Clapton's version of "stormy monday" just gets a nice slow groove going.

kidcolin
03-17-2007, 01:43 AM
R Kelly - Ignition.. OVER AND OVER.

Mickey Brausch
03-17-2007, 03:12 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]Led Zeppelin are not conducive to sex for anyone except maybe concert goers -- and certain Led Zeppelin roadies. Zep songs are not too good in a sex mix; they are male bragging songs, big-swinging-dick songs.

Maybe for quickies.

shemp
03-17-2007, 02:44 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]Led Zeppelin are not conducive to sex for anyone except maybe concert goers -- and certain Led Zeppelin roadies. Zep songs are not too good in a sex mix; they are male bragging songs, big-swinging-dick songs.

Maybe for quickies.

[/ QUOTE ]

While the above does imply that you have had sex (with a girl), it also implies that you have not seen (or taken careful note of) Fast Times at Ridgemont High.

renodoc, "Rock You Like a Hurricane" is inspired. I was thinking Black Sabbath's "Iron Man" too, but it's almost impossible not to sing along. So good omission...

Anyway. I like live music on my sex mixes -- good to have an encouraging audience. Remember having one with Pete Townsend's version of "Save it For Later" off Deep End Live!.

And lastly. I don't think of it as a "quickie"-- just being efficient.

El Diablo
03-17-2007, 03:48 PM
All,

OK, I sense the thread edging towards just plain retarded, so this should be good enough to provide soundtrack for your banging for the next few weeks or so. Once you run out of music, let me know and I'll open it back up.