PDA

View Full Version : How wrong is finding this funny

octop
02-13-2006, 10:27 AM
I had been experiment playing very loose at the 50 NL tables on party and even had a 25 dollar table up. I was playing every hand raisng a lot, betting hard with air or monsters etc. and basically the hole room was waitng to trap me.
Then this hand came up: (convertor seems screwed up)

Party Poker (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is Button with Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="#666666">7 folds</font>. Pissed of guy makes it 85 cents I call.

Flop: 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif, Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
.Pissed of guy bets 25 cents I raise pot.

Turn: 2/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
MP1 checks. I bet bot he calls.

River: K/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
MP1 checks, MP1 calls 27.85 (All-In).

Final Pot:
Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
MP1 has Ah Ad (two pair, aces and queens).
Hero has Qh 5h (full house, queens full of twos).
Outcome: MP1 wins . </font>

Afterwords the hole table told me how much I sucked and i told the guy he needs to learn how to lay down crappy hands etc.
I showed my friend the hand in PT and just couldnt stop laughing. The guy said he waited an hour to get a hand against me and I think it ruined his day. My friend half sarcastically says "poor guy trying to build his bankroll" and I was that guy 18 months ago. But for some reason I just couldnt stop laughing at the thought of the guy being pissed off at me all day.

_TKO_
02-13-2006, 10:34 AM
nh.

This is why some people get addicted to maniacalism.

ItalianFX
02-13-2006, 01:37 PM
Not to give away the results of the hand, but did you type them in wrong on the outcome?

phydaux
02-13-2006, 01:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Not to give away the results of the hand, but did you type them in wrong on the outcome?

[/ QUOTE ]

I was thinking the same thing.

einbert
02-13-2006, 02:14 PM
It seems to concern you or trouble you that you find humor in this guy's misfortune. Try not to let it bother you. Humor is an emotional response and not a logical one, so no amount of willpower is going to "control" what you find funny. Anyway, you did nothing cruel or destructive at all to him. If he lets this event ruin his day, that is his own mistake.

KinkyKid
02-13-2006, 03:00 PM
It was one buy-in, doubt he's that pissed. Carry on with your laughing. Aces get cracked sometimes. Personally, I don't think its hilarious, but whatever floats your boat.

octop
02-13-2006, 03:23 PM
It said he won for some reason.
He left after cursing me out with i found hilarious since I was spewing chips and he waited for his dream hand just to lose. I have no idea why I found this funny.

BarronVangorToth
02-13-2006, 05:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Preflop: Hero is Button with Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="#666666">7 folds</font>. Pissed of guy makes it 85 cents I call.

[/ QUOTE ]

You better start to respect other people's raises -- or else.

smoore
02-13-2006, 05:21 PM
a flop of 552 would have been funnier but that's good for a chuckle.

orange
02-14-2006, 01:24 AM
sicko.

buriedbeds
02-14-2006, 10:46 AM
Not at all wrong to find it funny...you were donking off your cash and the guy caught a somewhat bad beat against you. Not particularly awful, though also not particularly funny as anyone on this board has taken/given worse beats many times before, and the majority of your money went in with the best hand. If I had been playing against you I would have been mildly annoyed at best had I been in his shoes, and I would rebuy eagerly and play against you some more. You played poorly, he also played badly, and $30 is nothing. BFD, as they say.

-bb.