PDA

View Full Version : K6 BB special...or not?

CrazyEyez
03-13-2007, 12:43 AM
One lap at the table, no hands vs villian.

Full Tilt Poker
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $0.25/$0.50
5 players
Converter (http://www.neildewhurst.com/hand-converter)

Stack sizes:
UTG: $21.25
CO: $91.40
Button: $55.55
SB: $24.05
Hero: $58.25

Pre-flop: (5 players) Hero is BB with K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 6/images/graemlins/club.gif
2 folds, Button calls, SB calls, Hero checks.

Flop: Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif K/images/graemlins/club.gif T/images/graemlins/heart.gif ($1.5, 3 players)
SB checks, Hero checks, <font color="#cc0000">Button bets $1.5</font>, SB folds, Hero calls.

Turn: 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif ($4.5, 2 players)
Hero checks, <font color="#cc0000">Button bets $4.5</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $10</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Button raises all-in $53.55</font>

Probably should have led the turn, if not the flop...but as played? His all-in was insta, if it means anything.

ItalianFX
03-13-2007, 12:49 AM
I lead the flop for $1.

DannyOcean_
03-13-2007, 02:16 AM
lead the flop to charge let draws like T9, Qx, JT, Ax etc. pay us off. re evaluate on the turn, but probably check for pot control, it sucks we are oop. dont want to build a monster pot here.

the machine
03-13-2007, 02:21 AM
leading the flop is ok but still its meh because it will be hard to put anyone on a specific hand. it could easily be a draw as well as a worse pair or someone maintaining pot control with a scared two pair. i usualy check and lead turn. and on this turn i fold to the shove. seems like you might have had a little RIO here

allaboutmyfetti
03-13-2007, 02:33 AM
I might lead here ... as played fold when it's your action on the flop.

CrazyEyez
03-13-2007, 08:19 AM
[ QUOTE ]
RIO

[/ QUOTE ]

???

threads13
03-13-2007, 08:26 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I might lead here ... as played fold when it's your action on the flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why?

matrix
03-13-2007, 08:26 AM
fold flop.

RIO = Reverse Implied Odds.

which basically means that we are either a little ahead or way behind and we have to put in a whole stack to figure out which .

as played whats with the turn minraise?

make it ~$18 to play - then if he comes OTT we have odds to call I think.

as it is it's probably a fold - tho it's hard to put him on a hand that beats us apart from maybe 66 or J9.

CrazyEyez
03-13-2007, 10:00 AM
Fold flop, really? Consider pf and flop action - button's range is huge, no?

Bonesy
03-13-2007, 10:48 AM
I would bet the flop. As played, I think calling is ok vs a non-aggro donk. Your hand can't stand any pressure on this board and being oop with this hand stinks.

On the turn, you are showing a heck of a lot of strength and he doesn't care. I would fold and not be unhappy about it.

TheRenaissance
03-13-2007, 11:17 AM
Check call flop, planning to lead blank turn, check folding J or A turn
Pros: Keeps worse hands in, increases chance of worse hands calling a bet on the turn, keeps pot smaller(possibly), pretty easy to see if you get outdrawn (you are not going broke w TPSK on a 4straight board)
Cons: Free cards to drawing hands

Bet flop, planning to fold to a raise, check folding J or A turn, sometimes betting blank turn, sometimes check calling
Pros: Charges draws
Cons: Many worse hands fold, many better hands calls

Check fold flop
Pros: We have a [censored] hand oop on a bad flop in rio de janeiro
Cons: ...which very well might be the best hand

I think all lines have something going for them, but on balance I think no 1 is best, followed by 3.

Warteen
03-13-2007, 11:36 AM
[ QUOTE ]

On the turn, you are showing a heck of a lot of strength and he doesn't care. I would fold and not be unhappy about it.

[/ QUOTE ]