PDA

View Full Version : AQ oop, face smallish turn raise

CrazyEyez
03-13-2007, 12:35 AM
Villian is 20/16/2.8, 22 WSD over 175 hands.

Full Tilt Poker
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $0.25/$0.50
5 players
Converter (http://www.neildewhurst.com/hand-converter)

Stack sizes:
UTG: $91
CO: $10.70
Button: $97.65
Hero: $71.55
BB: $67.30

Pre-flop: (5 players) Hero is SB with Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif A/images/graemlins/spade.gif
2 folds, <font color="#cc0000">Button raises to $1.75</font>, Hero calls, BB folds.

Flop: T/images/graemlins/spade.gif J/images/graemlins/club.gif 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif ($4, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">Hero bets $3.25</font>, Button calls.

Turn: A/images/graemlins/heart.gif ($10.5, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">Hero bets $10</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Button raises to $28.7</font>

I've got $56 left, he has me covered.

and12006
03-13-2007, 12:56 AM
His turn raise has got my confused, its possible he has 2 pair or maybe a straight now, I'd probley fold and find a better spot it looks like button likes his hand and it'd cost a lot to figure out if were beat.

mrcfkane
03-13-2007, 01:06 AM
-bet a little less on the turn
-muck....this hand will take up almost all your stack if you stay with it and you have a single pair that is easy to beat

MrBerlin
03-13-2007, 06:48 AM
i think you are almost always beat here. he probably has AT,AJ or KQ. i would bet 3/4 ps on the turn.

Zagga
03-13-2007, 07:57 AM
I see so much hands that beat you here. AT AJ AK TT JJ 55 TJ KQ. hands you beat: Bluff, spade draw.

CrazyEyez
03-13-2007, 08:18 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I see so much hands that beat you here. AT AJ AK TT JJ 55 TJ KQ. hands you beat: Bluff, spade draw.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yeah that's what I thought. Even though his range is large because he's a solid player and opened on the button...and the way I played it, it looks like I have a jack...there's not enough chance he has a worse ace, right?

munkey
03-13-2007, 08:20 AM
I fold here as others above r saying u beat little that he raises turn with. Given his stats I will prob 3bet him here preflop some of the time.

I put him AT/AJ/KQ, set and lots of combo draw hands that we're probably slightly ahead of on the turn but the number of made hands he's doing thsi with are a much larger part of his range.

threads13
03-13-2007, 08:21 AM
I would let this one go.

Is this PF call standard? What about a reraise in defense?

threads13
03-13-2007, 08:23 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I fold here as others above r saying u beat little that he raises turn with. Given his stats I will prob 3bet him here preflop some of the time.

I put him AT/AJ/KQ, set and lots of combo draw hands that we're probably slightly ahead of on the turn but the number of made hands he's doing thsi with are a much larger part of his range.

[/ QUOTE ]

Is AK not in his range?

matrix
03-13-2007, 08:30 AM
fold.

baluga theorem FTW.

what hands do we beat here that raise the turn??

AK AJ AT all have us smoked - KQ has us drawing at 3 outs just to split.

I don't like leading into the pfr on the flop either - this just builds a big pot OOP with no real hand.

munkey
03-13-2007, 08:49 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

I put him AT/AJ/KQ, set and lots of combo draw hands that we're probably slightly ahead of on the turn but the number of made hands he's doing this with are a much larger part of his range.

[/ QUOTE ]

Is AK not in his range?

[/ QUOTE ]

ye, srry I was just listing the majority part of his range - I don't think he raises the turn like this here with AK unless he has the spade draw too which he can't have - apologies if I've misread the board again -I often do. /images/graemlins/blush.gif

CrazyEyez
03-13-2007, 09:57 AM
I don't know why I just called pf and led the flop. This was several days ago. That's def normally a 3-bet pf for me. I either messed up or had some weird reason based on prior hands.

Thanks for the input.