PDA

View Full Version : Flopped set into a flush board

Stoneflip
03-12-2007, 07:26 PM
Full Tilt Poker
$0.25/$0.50 No Limit Hold'em Ring Game
5 Players
LegoPoker Hand Converter (http://www.legopoker.com/hh)

<font color="black">Stack Sizes</font>
Hero (UTG): $43
CO: $17.60
BTN: $133.85
SB: $41.25
BB: $56.65

<font color="black">Preflop:</font> 2/images/graemlins/club.gif 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif ($0.75, 5 players)
Hero calls $0.50, CO folds, BTN calls $0.50, SB calls $0.25, BB checks

<font color="black">Flop:</font> 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif ($2, 4 players)
SB checks, <font color="red">BB bets $2</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to $5</font>, BTN calls $5, SB folds, BB folds

<font color="black">Turn:</font> 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif [6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif] ($14, 2 players)

Hero????

Jestli
03-12-2007, 07:40 PM
looks like u gotta check fold bc btn probably wouldnt call ur raise with just a draw, maybe hes got the ace but if hes got a draw hed probably check the turn, but if he bets the turn or the river youre probably beat

prodonkey
03-12-2007, 07:50 PM
I fire like 8-10. Raise preflop normally though too.

matrix
03-12-2007, 08:23 PM
reload preflop.

raise preflop.

make it $8 on the flop rather than the almost minraise to $5

bet turn ~3/5ths pot. We want to bet the turn for value for the times he'll make a bad call with A/images/graemlins/spade.gifx or AA or something like that - we also want to nudge the pot size up so we can comfortably get it all-in when we river the boat.

as played make it ~$9 to play and fold to a push.

Stoneflip
03-13-2007, 03:50 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I fire like 8-10. Raise preflop normally though too.

[/ QUOTE ]

The open limp made me so sick I almost didn't post this hand but I was interested in the postflop situation, and how to react to the 3 flush.

Stoneflip
03-13-2007, 03:56 AM
[ QUOTE ]
reload preflop.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow. I usually don't reload until I lose half my stack. Ok, point taken

[ QUOTE ]
raise preflop.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, definitely the most egregious error on my part this hand.

[ QUOTE ]
make it $8 on the flop rather than the almost minraise to $5

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok makes sense

[ QUOTE ]
bet turn ~3/5ths pot. We want to bet the turn for value for the times he'll make a bad call with Ax or AA or something like that - we also want to nudge the pot size up so we can comfortably get it all-in when we river the boat.

[/ QUOTE ]

So we dont worry about a made flush here?

[ QUOTE ]
as played make it ~$9 to play and fold to a push.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok, thanks for all the advice

Genz
03-13-2007, 09:07 AM
[ QUOTE ]
So we dont worry about a made flush here?

[/ QUOTE ]

In a nutshell: no. He is far more likely to have a draw and a pair or something than a made flush. And you have ten outs to fill up. I bet this turn pretty hard. As matrix said.