PDA

View Full Version : NL25, AK in rr pot

Dimitzu
03-12-2007, 04:10 PM
No reads.

Should I bet this flop and if so how much?

Full Tilt Poker
$0.10/$0.25 No Limit Hold'em Ring Game
6 Players
LegoPoker Hand Converter (http://www.legopoker.com/hh)

<font color="black">Stack Sizes</font>
MP: $20.55
CO: $21.95
BTN: $23.55
Hero (SB): $24.65
BB: $22.2
UTG: $13.40

<font color="black">Preflop:</font> A/images/graemlins/spade.gif K/images/graemlins/heart.gif ($0.35, 6 players)
UTG folds, <font color="red">MP raises to $0.85</font>, CO calls $0.85, BTN calls $0.85, <font color="red">Hero raises to $5.50</font>, BB folds, MP folds, CO calls $4.65, BTN folds

<font color="black">Flop:</font> 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif T/images/graemlins/heart.gif Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif ($12.95, 2 players)
Hero?

bet124
03-12-2007, 04:21 PM
I probably would bet half of the pot and if he call and no J comes on the turn (if he raises you, itīs a fold on the flop), check the turn and fold to a bet, even if it is hard with such big pot.

btw, i wouldnīt raise to 5.50, 2,50 would have done it.

RicP
03-12-2007, 04:28 PM
What amount do you normally Cbet?

That is the amount you should bet.

ekabe
03-12-2007, 04:34 PM
I think a bet of 6-7 is strong enough to find out where he stands. The strength of your hand does not justify a C/R but checking would imo be too weak.

The flop isnt great for you but you could improve to the nuts, and your pair would probably be good if an ace or king hits. The problem is, your cbet would likely induce a push (if he has anything) or a call which would put you in a bad position for the turn. You might be forced to double barrel but the size of the stacks in relation to the pot now make this an awkward play.

98Suited
03-12-2007, 04:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]

btw, i wouldnīt raise to 5.50, 2,50 would have done it.

[/ QUOTE ]

No no. Pre-flop is good. You'll give him like 3-1 with a 2.50-raise + others prob come along for the ride.

Cb the flop and shut down to resitance unless you improve obv

Dimitzu
03-12-2007, 05:13 PM
The problem with c-betting is that if I make any reasonable bet, let`s say half the pot, I`m getting 3.6-1 odds if he pushes and I`m not sure I can fold getting such a good price.

I tried stoving some ranges and thought this might be pretty realistic against an unknown:
{ AsKh } 32.781%
{ JJ-88, AQs+, AQo+ } 67.219%

So if he pushes it`s an easy call getting almost 2:1

03-12-2007, 05:20 PM
With no reads I give up, he has position and if he`s not a complete donk then he is probably holding AK, JJ-QQ-AA, he didn`t fold for your big reraise preflop, so I don`t think he will fold to a continuation bet on the flop.

wulfpacker21
03-12-2007, 05:21 PM
give a continuation bet to keep him from taking the pot away from you right then.. it also will tell you where you are at in the hand

Miko
03-12-2007, 05:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]
With no reads I give up, he has position and if he`s not a complete donk then he is probably holding AK, JJ-QQ-AA, he didn`t fold for your big reraise preflop, so I don`t think he will fold to a continuation bet on the flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

CO cold calls/calls.

Does that qualify as donkish?

We need a range here.. but if he is JJ-AA,AK. Betting is -EV here.

03-12-2007, 05:27 PM
Btw, if I was the villain and face a huge reraise like this pf and unless I have a read that you reraise light pf then I also muck JJ in this position. I would make an uncomfortable call with QQ, since it is 25% of my remaining stak, and hope no A falls on the flop.

crushednuts
03-12-2007, 05:31 PM
I would be worried about TT JJ or QQ. I don't think the villain has AA or KK (especially KK) in this spot as he would have RR the MP raiser. I think that he probably has you in bad shape with this flop as most of what was behind you just connected. He could, however, have a mid pocket pair that missed (although 88 made a set). The problem with your poker stoving is that I don't think he would push AI here w/ 99, JJ, AKo, AKs etc. Most of those would fold to your c-bet. If you stove with hands he is likely to push over you with that he wouldn't have pushed preflop you get these results:

QQ-TT, 88, AQs, AQo 77.44%
AsKh 22.11%

so not quite as easy a call if he pushes..

I do think you have to c-bet here because he made such a donkey play that it seems like he has a low PP up to like JJ...

03-12-2007, 05:33 PM
Sorry I didn`t realize that villain cold called a pf raise here. That`s a donkplay to cold call 0.85c and then call your 5.50$ reraise. Hard to say what he has, probably middle or small pp (He`s a donkey remember, cause he was getting terrible implied odds).

fees
03-12-2007, 05:56 PM
step 1 : dont reraise to 5.5 with to a .85 raise
step 2 : in the event you do you MUSTTTT cbet
step 3 : in the event u cbet too much and he goes all in you hafta call b/c you have outs.
questions?