PDA

View Full Version : 50NL, ATs, I think he's bluffing the turn, but what's my plan?

_TKO_
03-12-2007, 03:04 PM
I am quite sure villian is bluffing here. My reads are below, but you can skip it if you just believe me. I'm mainly wondering a good reaction to a turn bluff: call down or re-raise?

Villian is 27/18/1.5 and we have a bit of recent history. On another table, we dueled 3 hands in a row, all involving AIs:
1. He raised in MP with A4o and I called with 53s. He flopped two pair and I semi-bluff-raised the flop. He called and I turned my straight. I half-potted the turn and he just called. I pushed the river and stacked him.
2. Wtih a short stack left, he 3bAI preflop with KK (~$7) and I called with A5s and lost.
3. Still short ($14), I raised with QTs and he called with 98. The flop came J9x and he called my AI and I missed.

Full Tilt Poker
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $0.25/$0.50
6 players
Converter (http://www.neildewhurst.com/hand-converter)

Stack sizes:
Hero: $50.95
UTG+1: $42.35
CO: $50
Button: $47.95
SB: $59.05
BB: $69.15

Pre-flop: (6 players) Hero is UTG with T/images/graemlins/spade.gif A/images/graemlins/spade.gif
<font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $2</font>, 3 folds, SB calls, BB calls.

Flop: 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif A/images/graemlins/heart.gif 4/images/graemlins/club.gif ($6, 3 players)
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#cc0000">Hero bets $3</font>, SB folds, BB calls.

Turn: 3/images/graemlins/club.gif ($12, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">BB bets $8.5</font>, Hero ...

RAHZero
03-12-2007, 03:07 PM
If you're sure he's bluffing, just call. If he really is bluffing, he's either drawing dead or has at the best very few outs. If you raise now, he'll just fold, unless he's willing to bluff 3-bet AI, which puts you in a spot where you either have to fold or call off your stack with TPMK.

_TKO_
03-12-2007, 03:12 PM
I suppose that he's made it expensive enough for himself to draw if it's a semi-bluff and not a cold bluff. Happy 1k RAH.