PDA

View Full Version : 99 UTG

obloni
03-12-2007, 07:21 AM
What do you guys with middle pocket pairs like 8s, 9s, 10s and Js UTG? Do you think it's better to limp, raise it up or fold?

Similiarly, with middle pp's in the blinds, and it is raised to you by someone in mid position, what do you normally do?

With middle pp's, if I raise it UTG and get called, I find it very uncomfortable to make a c-bet OOP + if i get called preflop the caller most likely has a hand that can beat mine since he called an UTG raise.

If I limp and get raised and I call, then it's a no set no bet situation. The other guy would also probably put me on a pp and will not call any bet on the flop if i do make my set, knowing that I would have 3bet him preflop if I had a big pair so hence I probably don't have any implied odds to call the preflop raise anyway.

I didn't know where to put this post, so I put it in here since this is where I normally post.

Thanks.

Loc0Loc0
03-12-2007, 07:34 AM
UTG i don't really know. I like raising JJ UTG but normally i limp 99-TT.. and 22-88 i'd probalby fold most of the time.

In LP you can use the rule of 5 and 10. To extract value from him u must call when the raise is 5% or lower comparing to his stack. Between 5 and 10% u must call on the read you have, due to implied odds/cbet%/etc.
And is the raise above 10% of his stack u should probably fold.

This is when you play for setvalue

avfletch
03-12-2007, 07:35 AM
I only play 6max but I'm raising any pocket pair from UTG.

Loc0Loc0
03-12-2007, 07:38 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

6-max is it pretty common to raise any PP.

And how about low PP in LP?

Jouster777
03-12-2007, 07:46 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]I'll limp small PP's on a passive table. But raising all is the default

Triggerle
03-12-2007, 07:53 AM
I sometimes just complete from the SB with PPs lower than 88 if there's a bunch of limpers in the pot already and I know they are calling stations who won't fold to a cbet.

Usually I raise all PPs, though.