PDA

View Full Version : 25NL difficult trips line

chanchuan
03-12-2007, 05:10 AM
I think I played this hand horribly, I remember I had no clue what to do and where I am at during play. No reads on the villain, he just sad down very recently.

Full Tilt Poker
$0.10/$0.25 No Limit Hold'em Ring Game
6 Players
LegoPoker Hand Converter (http://www.legopoker.com/hh)

<font color="black">Stack Sizes</font>
Hero (BB): $24.75
UTG: $20.10
MP: $10.75
CO: $4.65
BTN: $28.95
SB: $56.75

<font color="black">Preflop:</font> K/images/graemlins/heart.gif 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif ($0.35, 6 players)
UTG folds, MP folds, CO folds, BTN calls $0.25, SB calls $0.15, Hero checks

<font color="black">Flop:</font> K/images/graemlins/spade.gif 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif ($0.75, 3 players)
<font color="red">SB bets $0.75</font>, Hero calls $0.75, <font color="red">BTN raises to $3.75</font>, SB folds, Hero calls $3

<font color="black">Turn:</font> K/images/graemlins/spade.gif 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif [7/images/graemlins/spade.gif] ($9, 2 players)
Hero checks, BTN checks

<font color="black">River:</font> K/images/graemlins/spade.gif 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif [J/images/graemlins/club.gif] ($9, 2 players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $5.40</font>, BTN calls $5.40

How bad is this line? The flop call seems weird, I don't remember what I was thinking. After being raised I started to worry about my kicker. I didn't put him on the flush, that's why I have no clue why I bet the river after checking the turn, meh. Thoughts on this line?

Panic__NL
03-12-2007, 05:56 AM
I dont like your call on the flop, you probably have the best hand here. The first call could be ok, to get the button into the pot as well, but when he reraises, I would have put it in there. The turn card is scary, so as played I do like that check and a blocking bet on the river.

dirtylobster
03-12-2007, 06:20 AM
I don't think this is that bad. If you hadn't bet on the river, he probably would have and you'd have a hard decision to make. I sometimes just call the flop raise and hope a spade doesn't show up but in most cases it's probably best to reraise. I expect to see a flush or PP here often.