PDA

View Full Version : TpTk on dry board

Stoneflip
03-11-2007, 11:15 PM
If i fold this i am i too weak tight? Vilian is 16/14.

(6 max) - $0.25/$0.50 - No Limit Hold'em -
Seat 1: ***** ($51.20)
Seat 2:8******** ($49.50)
Seat 3: villian($72.65)
Seat 4: hero ($45.55)
Seat 5: ****** ($46.50)
Seat 6: *******($78.30)
******* posts the small blind of $0.25
Villian posts the big blind of $0.50
The button is in seat #1
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to Stoneflip [Q /images/graemlins/club.gif A /images/graemlins/club.gif]
Hero raises to $2
******* folds
******* folds
******** calls $2
********* folds
Villian calls $1.50
*** FLOP *** [9 /images/graemlins/spade.gif 4 /images/graemlins/club.gif Q /images/graemlins/heart.gif]

Villian checks
Hero bets $5
********* folds
Villian raises to $15

Hero????

the machine
03-11-2007, 11:20 PM
i usually call and reevaluate on turn. when someone c/r on a flop they like their hand and tehy arent going to fold.

Mal_Pais
03-11-2007, 11:21 PM
A TAG just checkraised us. He's got the goods. I fold.

Marshall28
03-11-2007, 11:21 PM
depends on how aggressive you are. if you rarely make this c-bet in this spot, call and re-evaluate turn. if u r c-betting a lot and u think villain is trying to push u off your hand, shove all in.

Stoneflip
03-11-2007, 11:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]
A TAG just checkraised us. He's got the goods. I fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep, I found out the hard way.
Thanks for the responses

Mal_Pais
03-11-2007, 11:42 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Vilian is 16/14

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry to hear of your misfortune. A little more depth: Villian is a textbook TAG that raises just about every hand he plays, with the exception of pocket pairs that he calls raises with. You're the preflop aggressor, and this board is dry. He knows you're most likely going to c-bet this flop. He's not concerned about you checking behind because with this board, he knows he has you crushed. When he checkraises the flop, expect 44 or 99 here most days of the week.

Stoneflip
03-11-2007, 11:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]
When he checkraises the flop, expect 44 or 99 here most days of the week.

[/ QUOTE ]

44 it is. Thanks for the help on evaluation.

DawnToDusk
03-11-2007, 11:55 PM
What are your stats? Looking at the villains stats its more than likely he would raise AA/KK/QQ here, maybe even JJ/TT since he is OOP and wouldn't want to play OOP. I'm more inclined to feel like he would raise those hands too because of his lower VPIP. Doesn't seem he gets to out of line PF and he folds marginal hands to raises and even stronger hands when he is OOP.

So I further reduce his range down to AK, AQ, maybe KQs and PP down from 99 and below. AK might be in his PF range to raise when OOP to win the hand right away and AQ if he gets attached to it.

Suited connectors and speculative hands like those connector hands are out of his range.

So with that being said I feel like this is a fold. I feel like more often than not you are going to be looking at a set here. He has shown strength PF by calling PF OOP and he also C/R you on the flop. He may have like AQ or KQ sometimes but I don't think you will be shown that hand that often at showdown. Whats worst is that you are going to be hammered by some big bets with the turn.

Unless you have a note on him that he will give up or check it down to the river if called I am dumping here.

Stoneflip
03-12-2007, 12:19 AM
[ QUOTE ]

What are your stats?

[/ QUOTE ]

I am at 20/14

21SuicideKing21
03-12-2007, 12:44 AM
Guy is a 16/14, fold that before you get yourself into too much trouble. I think if he let you off the hook with a min raise to 10, I think you can call and then see what he does from there, but 15 against a 16/14 you have to fold because then you have 20 left after you call the 10 and you're pretty much committed in the pot and can't fold.

Stoneflip
03-12-2007, 01:22 AM
[ QUOTE ]
but 15 against a 16/14 you have to fold because then you have 20 left after you call the 10 and you're pretty much committed in the pot and can't fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah I ended up calling down only to find out I had been SET up.