PDA

View Full Version : 6 Max LP (CO and Button) SCs, Offsuit Cs, Behind Limpers Raise/Call?

BuddyQ
03-11-2007, 06:56 PM
Sorry for the back to basics question, but I can't find an answer in the FAQs. I understand Open-Limping is a mortal sin 6Max.

However, If your in LP with 23s - JTs, or 89o - 9To, or some suited 1 gapers (8Ts) and there is 1,2, or even 3 limpers in, do you (generally, w/o reads) limp in behind or 'raise that [censored] up'?

What if you in MP with UTG Limping here? If this has already been discussed (i'm sure it has) anyone got a linky?

I know there is no 'right answer' but is there a general consensus?

EMc
03-11-2007, 07:02 PM
Im in a good mood, so I wont lock this. Yet.

BuddyQ
03-11-2007, 07:19 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Im in a good mood, so I wont lock this. Yet.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks, but is this not a legitimate question?

crushednuts
03-11-2007, 10:22 PM
those hands are okay to limp occasionally when there are limpers in front of you. But if there have been several folds to you, you shouldn't limp w/ a 32s. The button (or the blinds) will know you have a bad hand our you would have raised to try and take the free money. Also, if they have a weak hand they can just check and see a free flop and bet no matter what. Also, drawing hands are not as profitable in a short handed pot. If you flop a straight against hte blinds you are probably going to get crap for action. Think about if you have 76o and limp and the blinds check and the flop is 876 and you get in a huge pot with the sb who rolls over the 54o. Wouldn't you feel pretty stupid for not either folding or raising? Don't try and win a big pot against the blinds with a junk hand. Just overall not a good plan.