PDA

View Full Version : 10NL Made a full house on river, call the all in ?

cynic
03-11-2007, 04:53 PM
Played about 4 orbits.
Table fairly passive but big blind made a couple of big raises, villain been fairly tight so far. Very few hands shown down by anyone.

Full Tilt Poker
$0.05/$0.10 No Limit Hold'em Ring Game
8 Players
LegoPoker Hand Converter (http://www.legopoker.com/hh)

<font color="black">Stack Sizes</font>
HERO (SB): $11.2
BB: $4.4
UTG: $10.70
UTG+1: $8.50
MP1: $9.55
MP2: $9.40
MP3: $16.35
CO: $0.80

<font color="black">Preflop:</font> Q/images/graemlins/club.gif K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif ($0.15, 8 players)
UTG calls $0.10, UTG+1 folds, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, MP3 folds, CO folds, HERO calls $0.05, BB checks
(I normally fold in the SB if there has been a raise, with these two cards and a limper I didn't mind seeing a cheap flop)

<font color="black">Flop:</font> K/images/graemlins/spade.gif 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif ($0.3, 3 players)
<font color="red">HERO bets $0.20</font>, BB folds, UTG calls $0.20
(Thought a 2/3rds pot bet here would get rid of anyone with lower pair and might take it down)

<font color="black">Turn:</font> K/images/graemlins/spade.gif 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif [K/images/graemlins/club.gif] ($0.7, 2 players)
<font color="red">HERO bets $0.35</font>, UTG calls $0.35
(I didn't bet enough here did I ? although I think he calls even if I make a pot bet)

<font color="black">River:</font> K/images/graemlins/spade.gif 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif K/images/graemlins/club.gif [A/images/graemlins/spade.gif] ($1.4, 2 players)
HERO checks, <font color="red">UTG bets all in for $10.05</font>
(I have the 2nd nut hand, do I call ?)

Results in white..
<font color="white">I folded, villain didn't show </font>

Please point out errors I made here, pretty sure I made a couple.

creamfillin
03-11-2007, 04:57 PM
FOLD

avfletch
03-11-2007, 04:58 PM
I wouldn't bet this flop. You're getting called so often and will have to give it up or check it down and get shown an ace.

On the turn I'd definitely bet more. If he's coming for the ride then we want to charge him (especially if he has spades).

On the river I'd fold this. The pot is tiny compared to the bet, I think you'll see an ace very often.

boycalledroy
03-11-2007, 05:25 PM
Here is the BEST way to play in the sb. Fold EVERYTHING apart from AK+. You will lose so much less money playing like this. I'd go as far as saying that playing from SB is the worst thing in the ENTIRE world. I'm not even that happy with AA/KK from the sb!

creamfillin
03-11-2007, 05:32 PM
I'm not folding any pocket pair in the sb, and I'm raising even the smallest of pairs if there is one limper or less behind me. If I can complete with SCs, and I know I'll get paid off, i'll complete. Calling raises in the sb is when you have to tighten up. I usually fold AJ, sometimes AQ against a tight raiser. Completing with KQ here is fine IMO. Folding everything apart from AK+ in the sb is a giant leak.

crushednuts
03-11-2007, 05:34 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Folding everything apart from AK+ in the sb is a giant leak.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed.. you just can't get too attached when you hit 1 pair hands and weak draws. I think the SB is great for PPs and SCs but fold that J6s and all that garbage.. And DEFINITELY fold Ace rag

boycalledroy
03-11-2007, 05:54 PM
SC's are hard to play oop, pp's do flop monstors but to raise up w/ 22-88 and hit a flop hard and get paid off is very difficult. A lot of the time you will be not flopping anything. You have to generally take a passive line. Even with 99 on a 10 high flop you have to throw it away.

The only time I change how i play from sb is a blind war. The I play ANY playable hand.

Everlong
03-11-2007, 07:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]
You have to generally take a passive line. Even with 99 on a 10 high flop you have to throw it away.

The only time I change how i play from sb is a blind war. The I play ANY playable hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't agree with this at all. I do feel you need to adapt you sb-play to the style of the BB though...

AS for OP:s question this is a trivially easy fold. Bluff-catching isn't very profitable especially with your entire stack.

Mal_Pais
03-11-2007, 10:38 PM
I'd raise this preflop and follow through with a c-bet if called.

The pot is so small on the turn, I'd pot it to build it up.

I drop it like its hot on the river.

JadeRedstone
03-12-2007, 03:48 AM
First, I'll complete this every time.
Second, I'll lead this flop everytime as well. In low levels people will often raise with any A Pf. And in any case, there is not always an A there.

Turn bet is not bad. half pot is pretty good. You want an A to call as it is a mistake for them. you also want a flush draw to call.

River, I make a blocking bet. Make it harder for him to bluff. Also, I've seen people simply call blocking bets with the nuts. I highly suspect he didn't have an A, he probably have a flush or even a 4. I sometimes call it, but I need to 'feel' it to call. Folding is the 'correct' move