PDA

View Full Version : 50NL: A4s flushdraw turned toppair, river decision.

Miko
03-11-2007, 01:59 PM
Villain is the tipical 40/2/1 moron.

No specific reads on villain. Hero hasn't been very active lately.

Comments on pre-flop/flop/turn/river decisions please.

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ BB (5 handed) Hand History Converter Tool (http://poker-tools.flopturnriver.com/Hand-Converter.php) from FlopTurnRiver.com (http://www.flopturnriver.com) (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Hero ($48.50)
Button ($22.50)
SB ($52.92)
BB ($52)
UTG ($76.07)

Preflop: Hero is MP with 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif, A/images/graemlins/heart.gif. SB posts a blind of $0.25.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $2</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB (poster) calls $1.75, BB calls $1.50.

Flop: ($6) 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif, J/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets $3</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $10</font>, SB folds, BB calls $7.

Turn: ($26) A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, Hero checks.

River: ($26) 4/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets $15</font>, Hero ???

ABCofPKR
03-11-2007, 02:10 PM
checking the turn u induced a bluff so u must call, to him u really played like a flush draw! i would bet the turn and fold if raise, if called check fold the river...

crushednuts
03-11-2007, 02:11 PM
I would probably bet the turn because a jack will probably call you. As played, call the river. Your flop raise is good, but the Ace is one of your outs (unless he has AJ) so I would get Aggro with it on the turn

Miko
03-11-2007, 02:15 PM
Does my turn check induced a bluff even against some-one with an aggressive factor of 1?

crushednuts
03-11-2007, 02:19 PM
Might not be a bluff, could put you on the FD and be value betting a jack like a donkey. This is why I would bet the turn, to clarify your position

knifeparty
03-11-2007, 02:21 PM
PF-Fine

Flop-I think it's ok. IMO it's a good agressive play.

Turn-I would have bet about half the pot here. At this point it looks like he has middle pair to me and that Ace scared him.

River-Your pot odds suck, and against anyone half way decent I fold this. But I can't bring myself to do it against this villain. If you lose, take note of what he has. You'll have enough chances to win that 27 bucks back. Probably from him.

Montezuma21
03-11-2007, 02:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Might not be a bluff, could put you on the FD and be value betting a jack like a donkey. This is why I would bet the turn, to clarify your position

[/ QUOTE ]

why would we want to clarify our position? it goes against the Fundamental Theory Of Poker

I like checking the turn. that way, even if we miss, we can still rep. a missed flush draw and get a 1/2PSB called by a J on the river. If we bet the turn, we fold all hands that we can get value on the river, and we might get CRAI by AJ, which would really suck.

crushednuts
03-11-2007, 02:42 PM
Not betting the turn leaves us in a position where we have to call a river bet because we induced a bluff, as happened to OP. I don't think taking the pot down on the turn is a horrible thing.
Plus, if opp has a jack he might call and check the river, in which case we can check behind (unless we hit the flush) and show down a winner. You can't be afraid of the C/R AI from the 1 hand that has you killed here. I think with the turn there is a good chance our ace is good and we should take advantage

Plus, the villain probably wouldn't check AJ here due to the fact that it is likely we are on a FD by the way we played the hand

Montezuma21
03-11-2007, 02:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Not betting the turn leaves us in a position where we have to call a river bet because we induced a bluff, as happened to OP. I don't think taking the pot down on the turn is a horrible thing.
Plus, if opp has a jack he might call and check the river, in which case we can check behind (unless we hit the flush) and show down a winner. You can't be afraid of the C/R AI from the 1 hand that has you killed here. I think with the turn there is a good chance our ace is good and we should take advantage

Plus, the villain probably wouldn't check AJ here due to the fact that it is likely we are on a FD by the way we played the hand

[/ QUOTE ]

1. why wouldn't we want to induce a bluff from villain on the river? you say that like it's a bad thing.

2. we're much more likely to get a river bet called than a turn bet. if we bet the turn after our flop raise, we're HIGHLY unlikely to get called by a J, because villain will interpret our hand as being a monster. if we wait until the river, however, villain will likely think we missed our flush draw, and be more willing to bluff at us or to call a value bet. (river value bets=$$$)

just my 2c.