PDA

View Full Version : H E L P ! !

OhioSt2k
03-11-2007, 01:25 PM
Someone help me understand how a 20/15 plays.

What hands to you raise with ep,mp,lp?
what hands do you call raises with ep,mp,lp?
What hands do you fold with ep,mp,lp ?
What hands do you limp with ep,mp,lp ?

I am struggling to tighten up and while I know charts suck, it would be great to gather something to aid my play.

Thanks!

kbrat
03-11-2007, 01:34 PM
What are you playing? Why do you want to tighten up?

I play 20/15 but another 20/15 might play very different from me. What I play from each position is very situational, but here is a rough sketch of my hand ranges pf:

PP: Raise in any position besides the blinds. CC any raise (not a RR) in any position. Raise 88+ from the blinds(not always). RR with JJ+, sometimes 99-TT depending on player.

SCs: Don't play em from ep & mp. Raise sometimes from CO & button, fold sometimes from same position. If limpers in front, raise or call, I do each about 50%. don't CC raises with SCs.

Open Raise ATo+ & KJo+ from ep & mp. Raise QJo+ & KTo+ & trash like A9o and JTo when I'm bored in the CO. My range is very wide OTB when folded to me.

Anything else?

chanchuan
03-11-2007, 01:37 PM
I'm not sure, but you can do the calcs and come to some estimates, it's gonna help you.

[ QUOTE ]
I am struggling to tighten up and while I know charts suck, it would be great to gather something to aid my play.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yeah, go gather'em dude!

DannyOcean_
03-11-2007, 01:38 PM
In general, posting stuff like this is useless. You want a basic unerstanding of pf, but charts suck. These posts arent what teach you how to play poker and win. Poker is much more reading opponents, extracting value, controlling pot size, etc than deciding which hands to play preflop. As someone who tried the same approach in limit holdem when i first started, let me warn you: YOU WILL NOT WIN if all you do is get a pf chart and suck ass post flop. you arent going to be good immediately, but postflop play is 1000% more important than pf hand selection.

That said, here's a semi-serious reply.

NEVER LIMP. There are some situations where limping is ok, but its only a tiny mistake if you never ever do it imho.

UTG or UTG+1, any PP, AJo+, KQo, Any suited broadway
is my raising range, roughly. Always game or player dependent

CO - VERY plaayer dependent, also dependent on whether or not there are limpers. I will raise with all of the above hands, and some other hands like suited connectors, suited one gappers, two broadways, etc. The idea being you want to drive out the button to have position post flop

Button - Almost the same as CO, but maybe even a little looser. If its unraised, i want to isolate any limpers bc i will have position postflop. This allows me to open starting requirements.

sb - this is aobut the only place i will ever limp drawing hands, and only if there are limpers in front of me. I tighten up bc we are oop postflop

Against a raise from any position, i tighten up a lot. Calling raises is ok, but you have to know what your opponent might be holding, your position, etc.

Hope this helped

TJgniL
03-11-2007, 01:42 PM
Starting hands thread: HERE (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=0&Board=ssplnlpoker&Number=571144 5)