PDA

View Full Version : Busted draw or trips?

Pontus
03-11-2007, 08:20 AM
This is my second hand in just half an hour or something. Hope it's not too much. First I though I should post this in my last thread since it's a little similar to that one. But I decided to make a new thread about it instead:

- UTG+1 $1.22
- Button $3.45 [Dealer]
- Hero $4.57
- BB $4.17
- SITOUT $0.00 [Sitting out]
- UTG $2.00

Hero posted the small blind - $0.01
BB posted the big blind - $0.02

** Dealing card to Hero: Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif
UTG called - $0.02
UTG+1 called - $0.02
Button called - $0.02
Hero raised - $0.10
BB folded
UTG called - $0.10
UTG+1 called - $0.10
Button called - $0.10

** Dealing the flop: Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif
Hero bet - $0.42
UTG folded
UTG+2 folded
Button called - $0.42

** Dealing the turn: 7/images/graemlins/club.gif
Hero bet - $1.26
Button called - $1.26

<font color="#666666"> He instantly called here. A loose 7? </font>

** Dealing the river: 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif
Hero checked
Button checked

Hero wins $3.60 from the main pot

Now I figured he just busted his straight draw but before I couldn't be sure he didn't have a loose 7 or something because the instant-call and therefore I just checked. If he would come out betting a hefty amount, I'd fold, but if he would have just bet a small amount (according to the pot) I'd probably call since often guys try to bluff here and doesn't dare to put in a "real" bluff amount.

How do you think about this?

mkausch
03-11-2007, 09:14 AM
you should have bet the river also.
Your enemy often calls down with a flushdraw,
just don't mind the 2nd seven on the turn and don't show weakness to let your enemy bluff you!
if he raises you after you've bet the river, the amount of the raise is very important.
If it'S very high you could fold you hand!

bet124
03-11-2007, 09:34 AM
[ QUOTE ]
you should have bet the river also.
Your enemy often calls down with a flushdraw

[/ QUOTE ]

I like the check on the river, if he is on a flush draw, he wouldn´t pay the river, so the pot would not be larger.

wslee00
03-11-2007, 01:38 PM
a quick call usually means a weak hand. I would put him on spades or a weaker Q. I wouldn't bet the river either. He won't call with spades, and may not even call with a weaker Q. Anything that calls that bet beats you.

ABCofPKR
03-11-2007, 01:58 PM
pre flop is OK!!!! liked the check on the river too, it would be check/call right?

crushednuts
03-11-2007, 02:17 PM
if you check the river, I think you have to call a small bet, but not a big one. His call on the turn could easily be a trap as it is not difficult to read the hero for TP here..

As played, good check on the river call 1/2 pot or less

harding
03-11-2007, 02:38 PM
wow...what?!?! no theres no way thats right....you gotta bet the river,he probably will call with a weaker queen, and i have seen people call with busted flush draws, a couple days ago i saw someone CALL an unpaired 27s busted flush draw on the river, you have to bet this, im not saying that will happen alot of the time, but he may think his ace high busted draw may be good or maby he had A5s or A3s and will call...
you should bet probably $1.75 ish....fold to a big raise...

harding
03-11-2007, 02:58 PM
shhwwwooops, i misread the stacks for some reason, i would think you probably have to push him, he only has $1.75 left anyways, ig uess it comes down to how hes been playing....if you think hes more likely to bluff a busted flush/straight draw then you could check call...but if he just a calling station, then push him and he may call wiht a worse queen.....