PDA

View Full Version : KQ turn 2nd nut straight.. river pairs the board

luckbalks
03-11-2007, 06:03 AM
Villain is 38/1/6

Full Tilt Poker
$0.10/$0.25 No Limit Hold'em Ring Game
4 Players
LegoPoker Hand Converter (http://www.legopoker.com/hh)

<font color="black">Stack Sizes</font>
UTG: $22.80
BTN: $87.05
Hero (SB): $29.95
BB: $50

<font color="black">Preflop:</font> Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif K/images/graemlins/spade.gif ($0.35, 4 players)
UTG folds, BTN calls $0.25, Hero calls $0.15, BB checks

<font color="black">Flop:</font> J/images/graemlins/club.gif T/images/graemlins/heart.gif K/images/graemlins/heart.gif ($0.75, 3 players)
Hero checks, BB checks, <font color="red">BTN bets $0.75</font>, Hero calls $0.75, BB folds

<font color="black">Turn:</font> J/images/graemlins/club.gif T/images/graemlins/heart.gif K/images/graemlins/heart.gif [9/images/graemlins/spade.gif] ($2.25, 2 players)
Hero checks, BTN checks

<font color="black">River:</font> J/images/graemlins/club.gif T/images/graemlins/heart.gif K/images/graemlins/heart.gif 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif [9/images/graemlins/club.gif] ($2.25, 2 players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $0.80</font>, <font color="red">BTN raises to $19.75</font>, Hero [censored] his pants... now what?

noob_sauce
03-11-2007, 06:10 AM
ugh... river bet is ugly...

but first I think your pre-flop and flop play needs to be handled... with a button open limper KQo is easily a raise in my book...

This flop is an easy bet.. hand plays out much differently from there.

as played, I think I may drop this and look for a better spot... pot is tiny and at best is split. if this guy has anything less than a lone Q here his money will be yours in a better spot.

wslee00
03-11-2007, 06:10 AM
I think you're splitting.

However, I would raise pf and definitely bet the flop.

As played, bet flop, bet turn. I don't know why you played this so weak... reasoning?

luckbalks
03-11-2007, 06:22 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I don't know why you played this so weak... reasoning?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm in the SB and I'm not very comfortable raising here with KQo and I will surely consider that next time. I checked the flop cause I suck and miss bets everywhere. I was looking for a check raise on the turn but that didn't work out either. I finally bet on the river and get pozzed with a huge reraise.

wslee00
03-11-2007, 06:25 AM
4-handed, I definitely think you need to raise this. If you're not comfortable raising this, then I'd stick with 5 or 6 handed

and your avatar is kinda nasty - i know he's just ringing a gong or something, but damn... i don't need to see that

luckbalks
03-11-2007, 06:27 AM
[ QUOTE ]
and your avatar is kinda nasty - i know he's just ringing a gong or something, but damn... i don't need to see that

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok here comes the kitten avatar

noob_sauce
03-11-2007, 06:29 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I think you're splitting.

However, I would raise pf and definitely bet the flop.

As played, bet flop, bet turn. I don't know why you played this so weak... reasoning?

[/ QUOTE ]

Just curious, I agree that we are splitting here a great deal of the time but how do you handle this river given the size of the pot?

creamfillin
03-11-2007, 06:35 AM
I think the river is a fold. It's conceivable he limped on the button with T9, J9 or something, or since he is a very passive player preflop, limped with a big pair, made a set on the flop, got scared of the turn 9, and bet big when he filled up. He could also easily be over playing a queen. You are probably splitting at best here. With those [censored] odds you are getting, I don't think it's worth finding out.

Looking at the flop, you have to bet. Top pair + OESD = big hand. You should be betting big hands.

Oh, and I have no idea why you're checking down the second nuts on the turn. Esp. with the hearts out there. /images/graemlins/confused.gif