PDA

View Full Version : Tough spot w/ QQ overpair

jumbojacks
03-11-2007, 05:33 AM
Villain is 22/18/4 and I haven't seen him do anything particularly worth noting. I also haven't been in many pots with him.

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.50 BB (6 handed) internettexasholdem.com (http://www.internettexasholdem.com)

Button ($22.45)
SB ($29.50)
BB ($54.60)
Hero ($50)
MP ($36)
CO ($65.75)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif, Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $2</font>, MP calls $2, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Button calls $2, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB calls $1.50.

Flop: ($8.25) 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets $7</font>, Hero...

Genz
03-11-2007, 05:52 AM
HU, I call. With 2 players left to act behind me and no redraws, I fold.

noob_sauce
03-11-2007, 05:57 AM
I'll be honest here, I'm not really sure what the hell to do ... could be donking out with a flush draw or straight/flush combo draw?

I think i tend to get my money in here, but have no idea whether that is correct or pure spewage... looking at the hand I am not able to tell what villain would lead out here. TT? likely reraise pre-flop right? possible A/Q/Kd Td?

I'd be interested to hear what others have to say, becausee if we are ahead here we are certainly vulnerable.

noob_sauce
03-11-2007, 05:59 AM
[ QUOTE ]
HU, I call. With 2 players left to act behind me and no redraws, I fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

good point about the others left to act... Just curious though, what range can we assign villain here if we were HU that would be worth calling?

Genz
03-11-2007, 06:00 AM
People call these preflop raises with PPs and SCs and high cards. When 3 people call, one is bound to have a hand of this kind. The flop hit the medium PPs that people love so much perfectly. Same goes for SCs that have either a made straight, excellent draws or 2pair now. You have no business here with a single pair, imo.

barryc83
03-11-2007, 06:01 AM
Fold. Villain is not a donk and bet close to pot. There are 2 more people left to act behind you and you only have a pair. I seriously doubt this villain leads out with a 1 pair hand w/no big draw to go with it.

noob_sauce
03-11-2007, 06:04 AM
I agree with your thinking... when you say that if you were HU
you would call, I was just wondering why? We are smoked here by the majority of villains range... right? what about it being HU changes it so significantly? What hand would villain bet like this multiway that he wouldn't HU? doesn't seem like too huge of a difference given the texture of the board and the action. just seeing if there was something I was missing...

jumbojacks
03-11-2007, 06:07 AM
HU is much different I think. I've been playing rather aggressively this session and so I could get donked into with a much wider range like A9o, etc. I was thinking over this hand and I agree, folding does seem like the right thing to do here.