PDA

View Full Version : Trips on river, good fold against bb?

halperin
03-11-2007, 02:50 AM
is this an easy fold here? i have trouble putting the bb on a range when they call.

no stats on him.

Full Tilt Poker
$0.25/$0.50 No Limit Hold'em Ring Game
4 Players
LegoPoker Hand Converter (http://www.legopoker.com/hh)

<font color="black">Stack Sizes</font>
CO: $49.90
Hero (BTN): $107.30
SB: $25.05
BB: $28.1

<font color="black">Preflop:</font> 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif ($0.75, 4 players)
CO folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $1.75</font>, SB calls $1.50, BB folds

<font color="black">Flop:</font> 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif ($4, 2 players)
SB checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $2.75</font>, SB calls $2.75

<font color="black">Turn:</font> 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif [4/images/graemlins/heart.gif] ($9.5, 2 players)
SB checks, Hero checks

<font color="black">River:</font> 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif [5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif] ($9.5, 2 players)
<font color="red">SB bets $6.50</font>, Hero folds
Uncalled bet of $6.50 returned to SB

and12006
03-11-2007, 02:55 AM
You should atleast call, I understand being afraid of the straight, but would he call your flop bet and PFR with say 6A, he most likely has a pair or maybe 2 pair I'd atleast call.

Genz
03-11-2007, 05:30 AM
your cbet is weak sauce and shows very clearly that you don't know what to do. So either bet bigger or take the free card and see if you can find a good spot to bet on the turn. As played, I call this river, because after your weak postflop line, he could be betting a big variety of hands here.

noob_sauce
03-11-2007, 05:37 AM
[ QUOTE ]
your cbet is weak sauce and shows very clearly that you don't know what to do. So either bet bigger or take the free card and see if you can find a good spot to bet on the turn. As played, I call this river, because after your weak postflop line, he could be betting a big variety of hands here.

[/ QUOTE ]

agreed, go pot size or go home on this flop IMO... river is a must call based on the way it was played

luckbalks
03-11-2007, 06:11 AM
3/4th's pot bet is small? Can you explain why a pot bet is better than 3/4ths here? I always cbet 3/4ths or even a little less with air or a good hand. Perhaps I should change to pot size bets.. but can you explain why?

wslee00
03-11-2007, 06:16 AM
flop bet size should be on point with flop texture. if the board is very drawy, I bet more. If it's very dry, I'll bet low - maybe even half pot.

For this board, I'd bet closer to pot b/c the board is low and people won't think you hit any part of it. You want to take this hand down on the flop.

As played, definitely call the river. I don't know how you can put villain on a straight. He can definitely have a flush, but i'll pay him off w/ my set, as he can also have a myriad of two pair hands as well as a lone 9.

noob_sauce
03-11-2007, 06:23 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I always cbet 3/4ths or even a little less with air or a good hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess if that is your established norm at the table, straying from that would look suspect.

I tend to go pot size on spots like these. Deliberate bets of $2.75 etc. can appear suspect/testing the water bets IMO.
The extra buck adds significant FE in my opinion. I go pot sized given the texture of the board as well... I either want to shut them out w/ the pot size, or take one off here.