PDA

View Full Version : 10NL - I feel good about my AA fold... do you?

cubase
03-11-2007, 01:40 AM
PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.10 BB (4 handed) Hand History Converter Tool (http://poker-tools.flopturnriver.com/Hand-Converter.php) from FlopTurnRiver.com (http://www.flopturnriver.com) (Format: 2+2 Forums)

UTG ($21.10)
Hero ($9.30)
SB ($9.50)
BB ($10.15)

Preflop: Hero is Button with A/images/graemlins/heart.gif, A/images/graemlins/club.gif.
UTG calls $0.10, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $0.5</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, UTG calls $0.40.

Flop: ($1.15) 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 2/images/graemlins/club.gif, 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $0.9</font>, UTG calls $0.90.

Turn: ($2.95) J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
UTG checks, Hero checks.

River: ($2.95) 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG bets $1.9</font>, Hero folds.

Final Pot: $4.85

apple11
03-11-2007, 01:42 AM
turn check was horrible

cubase
03-11-2007, 01:45 AM
[ QUOTE ]
turn check was horrible

[/ QUOTE ]

Can you elaborate a little more?

chanchuan
03-11-2007, 02:02 AM
I'm not sure about the turn check, but I'd rather bet. He won't put us on the flush and the flush draw is not the only draw out there. If he hit his straight on the river with AT, KT, QT, JT you must feel really bad about not having bet that turn.

He checked the turn. Not everybody's slowplaying a flush. Not everybody has had a flush draw. Many ppl call with overcards.

Thremp
03-11-2007, 02:12 AM
Meh.

Turn check is meh. Card is pretty horrible. Fills a straight draw, FD.

River is like a death knell.

creamfillin
03-11-2007, 02:15 AM
I still bet the turn, you won't know if he connected unless you bet.

DannyOcean_
03-11-2007, 02:30 AM
Betting the turn is good. I bet 1/2 to 2/3 pot. I think you can safely fold to any action (reraise or river bet) if you get played back at.

apple11
03-11-2007, 02:34 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
turn check was horrible

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Sure, I think you really need to bet this turn to see where villan is at. He doesnt have to have the flush here and you are still charging the str8 draws and people with overs that sometimes take one off on the flop. By checking you have no idea where your at, so i think you have to pay off the river . I just think your giving to many other draws a free river by checking the turn. But i would actually retract its horrible to check the turn as I said earlier as long as you pay off the induced bluff on the river.

cubase
03-11-2007, 02:51 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
turn check was horrible

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Sure, I think you really need to bet this turn to see where villan is at. He doesnt have to have the flush here and you are still charging the str8 draws and people with overs that sometimes take one off on the flop. By checking you have no idea where your at, so i think you have to pay off the river . I just think your giving to many other draws a free river by checking the turn. But i would actually retract its horrible to check the turn as I said earlier as long as you pay off the induced bluff on the river.

[/ QUOTE ]

Interesting. I often conflict with slowing down on an unfavorable turn and still leading out.

Supposing I lead out for an appropriate bet and get led into on the river for a similiar amount (about 2/3) pot, any thoughts on that? Does it change the picture? I guess it defines his hand better for us when he leads out...

I think part of it comes from NLHETAP about pot control and how we often need to consider checking the turn (yes we give free cards, but we keep the pots smaller). Small pots for small hands yadi yadi. AA, once we hit that turn is a pretty small hand. It is only a pair.

Agree, disagree? Is there a case for checking the turn here? Is Sklanksy's case for checking the turn limited to playing against better players in higher limits?