PDA

View Full Version : 25NL: Nut flush on paired board...cautious or aggressive?

SirFelixCat
03-11-2007, 01:10 AM
Villain was a 33/11/2.77 over 285 hands, but also had a WtSD/W$SD of 17/67%, so he's pretty solid when showing down hands. He had caught a minor bluff of mine earlier when he caught runner runner T's with his AT, so he knows that I'm aggressive and can be tricky at times.

That being said, point out my many mistakes, I'm sure, please /images/graemlins/smile.gif And preflop, yeah yeah...it wasnt the norm, but since i was closing the action, getting 5:1, I'll call here on occassion. I'm looking more at how best to play this post flop. TIA.

Full Tilt Poker
$0.10/$0.25 No Limit Hold'em Ring Game
6 Players
LegoPoker Hand Converter (http://www.legopoker.com/hh)

<font color="black">Stack Sizes</font>
Hero (BB): $36.45
UTG: $37.35
MP: $31.55
CO: $24.50
BTN: $10.10
SB: $7.55

<font color="black">Preflop:</font> A/images/graemlins/club.gif 3/images/graemlins/club.gif ($0.35, 6 players)
<font color="red">UTG raises to $0.75</font>, MP folds, CO folds, BTN calls $0.75, SB calls $0.65, Hero calls $0.50

<font color="black">Flop:</font> 8/images/graemlins/club.gif 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif 4/images/graemlins/club.gif ($3, 4 players)
SB checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $1.25</font>, UTG calls $1.25, BTN folds, SB folds

<font color="black">Turn:</font> 8/images/graemlins/club.gif 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif 4/images/graemlins/club.gif [6/images/graemlins/club.gif] ($5.5, 2 players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $2.50</font>, UTG calls $2.50

<font color="black">River:</font> 8/images/graemlins/club.gif 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif 4/images/graemlins/club.gif 6/images/graemlins/club.gif [7/images/graemlins/heart.gif] ($10.5, 2 players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $7.50</font>, UTG calls $7.50

prodonkey
03-11-2007, 01:17 AM
What is the purpose of leading the flop for 1/3 pot.. it pretty much screams draw. If I'm in the position of the UTG player I raise your flop bet and keep firing unless a bad card hits.. which the 6c is one of the worst ones.

Utg played this like he has something like 9's or T's.. if he can't raise you on the river then you win.

SirFelixCat
03-11-2007, 01:20 AM
How would you have played the hand?

the machine
03-11-2007, 01:22 AM
i wouldnt have donk bet into the PFR. you can just check call here. if you do decide to bet you cant bet that weak. 4/5 to full pot IMO

spyderracing
03-11-2007, 01:22 AM
Well PF is ok. You're getting 4.5:1 which are decent odds and I'll make calls like this sometimes in large enough pots. Flop I think you should have bet a little more, same with the turn. 2/3 of the pot I think is a nice number. River is played fine. I wouldn't be too worried about the paired board. He's shown no indication of a set and based on the river call looks like he's on 3 8's and scared of the flushed board. In general, NH.

SirFelixCat
03-11-2007, 04:12 AM
I appreciate the feedback. I hated how I played this hand, the moment it was finished. Check/calling on the flop, to me, just SCREAMS, "Hi, I'm Felix and I'm on a draw! Please let me hit the turn and not let it scare you". That is why I bet the flop, but I agree that it was far too weak a bet. Had I bet it stronger, let's assume 3/4 pot and get called, what do I do after my gin card hits? If I had an 8, how would you play it from the turn on?

apple11
03-11-2007, 04:58 AM
I think it was played fine but id bet more on the turn and riv

Genz
03-11-2007, 05:06 AM
I don't like the flop bet. You have a drawing hand and you don't like it when UTG raises you and chases everyone out. Don't show any strength here and let him make his cbet that is more likely to be called. Playing a draw oop here is difficult. If you bet and get called by villain and you don't hit on the turn, you are either shoving a lot of money in the pot with a 2nd barrel oop, risking that villain comes over the top, or you check and induce a float/value bet. And then you can't really call. So there's no need to lead into a field of 3 opponents. Checking to the preflop raiser in this spot has no meaning at all to the other players at the table. You could do it with all kinds of hands.

Turn bet is a little small. River is good. You might think about check/calling the river. But the board is pretty coordinated, so I think he might check behind with a big pair or overcards here, but he might call a bet because of your history with him.

wslee00
03-11-2007, 06:07 AM
c/r the flop, bet any turn.
I'm not a fan of that flop donk bet.

SirFelixCat
03-11-2007, 07:13 AM
I like your take on this Genz. TYVM fellas.

*** SHOW DOWN ***
SirFelixCat shows [Ac 3c] (a flush, Ace high)
DUTRACK400 shows [Tc 9c] (a flush, Ten high)
SirFelixCat wins the pot ($24.25) with a flush, Ace high
*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot $25.50 | Rake $1.25
Board: [8c 8s 4c 6c 7h]
Seat 1: SirFelixCat (big blind) showed [Ac 3c] and won ($24.25) with a flush, Ace high
Seat 2: DUTRACK400 showed [Tc 9c] and lost with a flush, Ten high
Seat 3: ggnoobs didn't bet (folded)
Seat 4: jasijas didn't bet (folded)
Seat 5: mousethatroared (button) folded on the Flop
Seat 6: Kg3189 (small blind) folded on the Flop

Interesting hand he showed down. Thanks for the help. Hopefully I can learn from it!