PDA

View Full Version : AK OOP in RRed pot 3-way

DMoogle
03-11-2007, 12:55 AM
The short stack has stats of the loose/maniacal type, and I have no reads on the other guy. I think, without a read, it's very difficult to not be willing to put my stack in one way or another on a flop like this, especially because of my preflop line looks like it could be a squeeze.

I was mainly wondering if it would've been better to check the turn rather than lead it. Or even check the flop? Or is my play fine? I wasn't really sure what to put him on during the hand, but afterwards I'm thinking this looks like a pretty standard play for a donk with a hand like TT or (less likely, I think) QK.

Full Tilt Poker
$0.10/$0.25 No Limit Hold'em Ring Game
5 Players
LegoPoker Hand Converter (http://www.legopoker.com/hh)

<font color="black">Stack Sizes</font>
Hero (BB): $24.75
UTG: $7.65
CO: $26.80
BTN: $40.40
SB: $28.25

UTG posts 0.25
<font color="black">Preflop:</font> A/images/graemlins/spade.gif K/images/graemlins/spade.gif ($0.6, 5 players)
<font color="red">UTG raises to $0.50</font>, CO calls $0.50, BTN calls $0.50, SB folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $3.50</font>, UTG calls $3, CO folds, BTN calls $3

<font color="black">Flop:</font> K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif J/images/graemlins/club.gif ($11.1, 3 players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $7</font>, UTG folds, BTN calls $7

<font color="black">Turn:</font> K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif J/images/graemlins/club.gif [3/images/graemlins/club.gif] ($25.1, 2 players)
<font color="red">Hero bets all in for $14.50</font>, BTN folds
Uncalled bet of $14.50 returned to Hero

SirFelixCat
03-11-2007, 01:02 AM
nh. FWIW, I play it the same way. I suppose you could make a case for checking the turn, but I don't (bad?).

I think you played this fine. And it's rare that I'm 3-betting pf and checking the flop, so I play it exactly as you did. nh!

chanchuan
03-11-2007, 01:05 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I was mainly wondering if it would've been better to check the turn rather than lead it. Or even check the flop?

[/ QUOTE ]
No, no, you should bet your good hands, he may call with lots of worse holdings. Good job on the turn.

barryc83
03-11-2007, 04:32 AM
You played it absolutely fine, very standard. This is one of those times that I will check the turn though bc of your stack size with regard to the pot size. You only have one bet left, so it doesnt matter whether we get it in on the turn or river bc were not folding. You can check the turn and hope to stackadonk or if it checks through, shove river. I feel like I get looked up lighter when it checks through. People are always looking to give themselves a reason to call, not fold IMO. Anyways I'm just being a nit, nh.

Genz
03-11-2007, 04:36 AM
NH. I like the line, because of the two high cards on the board. People chase too much so he could call with a gutshot. And when he has a worse pair than us, he calls on either street. If that J was a 9 or 8, I'd probably check either flop or turn.

OP: please don't include action after your shove.