PDA

View Full Version : 25NL: AK hits TPTK after being 3-bet...

SirFelixCat
03-11-2007, 12:30 AM
Only had 18 hands on villain, so let's assume an unknown, as he has done nothing of interest thus far. I have a pretty positional LAG image and love raising and reraising in position.

Full Tilt Poker
$0.10/$0.25 No Limit Hold'em Ring Game
4 Players
LegoPoker Hand Converter (http://www.legopoker.com/hh)

<font color="black">Stack Sizes</font>
CO: $9.40
Hero (BTN): $28.85
SB: $14.1
BB: $26.75

<font color="black">Preflop:</font> K/images/graemlins/spade.gif A/images/graemlins/heart.gif ($0.35, 4 players)
CO calls $0.25, <font color="red">Hero raises to $1.20</font>, SB calls $1.10, <font color="red">BB raises to $5.05</font>, CO folds, Hero calls $3.85, SB calls $3.85

<font color="black">Flop:</font> A/images/graemlins/club.gif 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif T/images/graemlins/club.gif ($15.4, 3 players)
SB checks, <font color="red">BB bets $7</font>, <font color="red">Hero ???</font>

What range do you put villain on here? With the 2-flush board, are we wanting to go ahead and push here? IMO, at worst I'm chopping, unless he has AK w/ Kc. Pushing here would only get called by AK, maybe KQc, but I'm not including that in his 3-bet range... Or am I giving the uNL unknowns too much credit, being able to lay down KK or QQ here?

DannyOcean_
03-11-2007, 12:36 AM
this bet isnt big enough to drive me out. He bets like 40% pot here, i've gotta think this is a call. I don't know what an unknown player would three bet you with, but i think you are getting the odds to call. Only AA or TT beat you here, so AK, AQ are possibilies as well. Given the bet size, i call and reevaluate on the turn.

SirFelixCat
03-11-2007, 12:42 AM
Oh, heh. The thought of folding never entered my mind here. If I call the preflop 3-bet and hit a board like this, I understand that I'm playing for stacks. If he has AA or TT, nh, c'est la vie.

My question here is whether to smooth call (we do have the shorty still to act behind us) on this drawy board, or just go ahead and get it all in here.

Sorry for the confusion /images/graemlins/smile.gif

spyderracing
03-11-2007, 01:15 AM
I'd personally pop it up to 20ish here. Winning some $ is better than losing your entire stack. Your hand is still vulnerable. Try to get it in against a donk who can't drop KK/QQ or take the pot here.

chanchuan
03-11-2007, 01:46 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I'd personally pop it up to 20ish here. Winning some $ is better than losing your entire stack.

[/ QUOTE ]
If you do that, you're basically risking your entire stack anyway. So it's really a call-or-ai question.

This bet being weakish tells me it could be a scared KK/QQ/JJ maybe. I've seen this kind of a "value" bet with TT though, but it's unlikely here. Or an ace. Or just a cbet, feeling weak but obliged to cbet after pf raise. I vote it's QQ. I'm going ai.

Ooops, forgot about the short stacked SB. That cuts our odds a little. I still shove though.

Thremp
03-11-2007, 01:53 AM
Don't call preflop without getting it in on this flop.

noob_sauce
03-11-2007, 02:26 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Oh, heh. The thought of folding never entered my mind here. If I call the preflop 3-bet and hit a board like this, I understand that I'm playing for stacks. If he has AA or TT, nh, c'est la vie.

My question here is whether to smooth call (we do have the shorty still to act behind us) on this drawy board, or just go ahead and get it all in here.

Sorry for the confusion /images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

HU i might let one fall off here once in a while... I think a standard 3X raise is in order here. the pot's already a good size, just take it down.

Rollos
03-11-2007, 03:55 AM
I would make a raise representing a flush draw, so around 14-20. I think this will incourage a push from BB if he has AJ or AQ

creamfillin
03-11-2007, 04:07 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

SirFelixCat
03-11-2007, 04:08 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly my thoughts. For many of you, you're not realizing that if I raise to $20, I only have $23 left here.

I did pooooosh and both folded.

Thanks for the feedback. Just wanted to double check.

Genz
03-11-2007, 05:13 AM
I think I pooosh preflop. But since you have the button, a call is ok, too. But I certainly don't get cute here on the flop. Push.