PDA

View Full Version : AK flops top pair in RR pot and odd line

the machine
03-10-2007, 09:31 PM
villain is new to table only about 20 hands but seems very ABC TAG

Full Tilt Poker
$0.25/$0.50 No Limit Hold'em Ring Game
6 Players
LegoPoker Hand Converter (http://www.legopoker.com/hh)

<font color="black">Stack Sizes</font>
UTG: $159.85
MP: $78.35
Hero (CO): $52
BTN: $33.10
SB: $50
BB: $106.3

<font color="black">Preflop:</font> A/images/graemlins/club.gif K/images/graemlins/heart.gif ($0.75, 6 players)
UTG folds, MP folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $2</font>, BTN folds, <font color="red">SB raises to $6.50</font>, BB folds, Hero calls $4.50

<font color="black">Flop:</font> K/images/graemlins/club.gif 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif 4/images/graemlins/club.gif ($13.5, 2 players)
SB checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $9</font>, SB calls $9

<font color="black">Turn:</font> K/images/graemlins/club.gif 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif 4/images/graemlins/club.gif [4/images/graemlins/heart.gif] ($31.5, 2 players)
SB checks, Hero checks

<font color="black">River:</font> K/images/graemlins/club.gif 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif 4/images/graemlins/club.gif 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif [6/images/graemlins/club.gif] ($31.5, 2 players)
<font color="red">SB bets $20</font>, Hero calls $20

what hand do ew beat here? it seems an odd line for him to take being the pf RRer then check calling. how do we feel about a river call.

also what hand do you put villain on

LOwrestling2001
03-10-2007, 09:40 PM
it looks like TT-QQ here, c/c your cbet, figures it was a cbet with air, and puts a blocker on the river possibly? I'd call this river, as your hand you have not shown too much strength in this hand.

the machine
03-10-2007, 09:43 PM
well my bet is technically not a cbet he is the one who reraised my PFR. which does make a big difference IMO

TheDespot
03-10-2007, 10:06 PM
Hmm strange line...I could see villain with something like K-K or 5-5 softplaying the set and then slowplaying it after the board pairs (though an ABC TAG would probably bet this flop in this situation). Flush doesn't seem unlikely either, as he plays it passively and then gets to see a free river. He could have Q-Q or J-J and just refuse to let go of it. The fact that you see this player as an ABC TAG I think complicates things here. What hand will a player like this re-raise pre-flop and then not bet this flop with? And check-calling the flop is even more strange. Something smells about the villain's hand here, but I'd probably pay him off with no solid reads here. This seems like a monster/total bluff type of situation on the villain's part.

spyderracing
03-10-2007, 10:14 PM
With the idea in mind that the guy is an ABC tag, you should call here. He definitely bets a set on the flop/turn like that. Looks like a scared QQ-JJ.

the machine
03-10-2007, 10:19 PM
do you think hed lead QQ on this flop. itd save alot of frustration should villain bet out on the flop instead of check calling and possibly starting up a huge pot

Langerz
03-10-2007, 10:45 PM
Ok I'm new to NL, but why aren't we betting this turn?

Seems like we are giving free cards to a lot of hands.

The line is a little odd and KK or something slowplayed seems likely, but I'm sure not ready to just assume he has a monster yet.

LOwrestling2001
03-10-2007, 10:48 PM
this is where pot control should be exercised. OP has a hand that has a lot of showdown value, he would not want to get raised off it on the turn. also against a TAG, the rest of the board did not hit him, so there is no harm is checking behind on the turn. and yes sorry it isn't a cbet since he was the aggressor preflop, but yea, he c/c a flop bet, and checks the turn, he too, wants to see a cheap showdown.