PDA

View Full Version : 25NL AK reraised preflop

littleeddy
03-10-2007, 12:01 PM
This guy just sat down...he's played his first couple hands aggro.
Play?

Full Tilt Poker
$0.10/$0.25 No Limit Hold'em Ring Game
4 Players
LegoPoker Hand Converter (http://www.legopoker.com/hh)

<font color="black">Stack Sizes</font>
UTG: $11.5
CO: $13.10
Hero (SB): $29.45
BB: $24.5

UTG posts 0.25
<font color="black">Preflop:</font> A/images/graemlins/spade.gif K/images/graemlins/club.gif ($0.6, 4 players)
UTG checks, CO calls $0.25, <font color="red">Hero raises to $1.10</font>, <font color="red">BB raises to $2.50</font>, UTG folds, CO folds, Hero calls $1.40

<font color="black">Flop:</font> 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif A/images/graemlins/club.gif ($5.5, 2 players)
Hero checks, <font color="red">BB bets $2.50</font>, Hero calls $2.50

<font color="black">Turn:</font> 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif A/images/graemlins/club.gif [T/images/graemlins/heart.gif] ($10.5, 2 players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $7.75</font>, <font color="red">BB raises all in to $19.75</font>
Hero??

Jouster777
03-10-2007, 12:11 PM
You lose more than half the time but the pot is offering you &gt;3:1 odds...call

crushednuts
03-10-2007, 12:49 PM
At this point you have to call.. I would be tempted to raise the flop...I like a check/raise not a check call. Here you can't tell the difference between TT and AQ. With the draws on the flop this is not a time to be passive

ajmargarine
03-10-2007, 01:08 PM
4bet push preflop! You should sometimes you know.

As played, yup yup, call.

ADK
03-10-2007, 08:39 PM
I 3-bet preflop or push, on the flop im definitely raising here.. kinda looks like he has AT but at these stakes he could have absolute trash, calling this most of the time.

prodonkey
03-10-2007, 08:46 PM
Why is everyone so keen on the massive overbet pushes with AK preflop? There is $4.10 in the pot and you want to 4 bet push for effectively $24.5? Do you do this kind of stuff with AA and KK too or just AK?

wulfpacker21
03-10-2007, 09:08 PM
should have bet out on the flop to take control of the hand.. and to see where you were at.. chances are you had the best hand.

Michael Fish
03-10-2007, 11:19 PM
[ QUOTE ]
4bet push preflop! You should sometimes you know.

As played, yup yup, call.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is pretty cool advice, i'd like this against that kind of player sometimes, just make sure you're not deepstacks. Regardless whatever the outcome of the hand is it does several things for you.

1. You'll get lots of action in the future from shortstacks weilding any pocket pair.

2. Makes it known you won't be rolled over by nutters.

3. If he's such a case you'll get called with weaker Aces a fair preportion of the time.

prodonkey
03-10-2007, 11:28 PM
1. you're a slight dog to a pp

2. huh?

3. like what AQ? I've had AQ call a shove preflop once in 60k hands

crushednuts
03-10-2007, 11:42 PM
anyone else like a C/R on the flop? or would that fold out all the hands we beat?

Anyone else like a c/r on the turn?

prodonkey
03-10-2007, 11:48 PM
no, probably, no

crushednuts
03-10-2007, 11:58 PM
explain your reasoning? Just curious

prodonkey
03-11-2007, 12:15 AM
Check raising the flop here is committing your stack basically.. if you're willing to do that fine, I have no problem with the play. The guy 3 bet us preflop.. what kind of hands can we put him on.. well personally I have no idea because no stats or reads or anything were posted about the villian. From my experience at 25nl people don't 3 bet very light.. and they sure don't 3 bet light from the bb unless you have been abusing their blind constantly... this being a pot that already had 2 people in it before a raise gives a little bit more strength to the reraise. So lets give him TT+ AQs+ AQo+ which I think is still a little wider than most people 3 bet here.

If you check raise the flop most right minded people aren't going to be calling with TT, JJ, QQ or even KK.. AQ is the only hand you're going to make money from.. and he'll probably felt it himself on later streets anyway. What is he going to bet on the turn if we check.. will he bet the big pairs? Again I have no clue if the guy is a nit or an aggromonkey. He'll probably bet AQ, AJ if that's even part of his range and AK and AA obviously. If he was just taking a stab at the pot on the flop you're not getting any more money out of him.