PDA

View Full Version : A8s vs kinda laggy guy

Big Poppa Smurf
03-10-2007, 12:17 AM
villain is 52/5/4 over 20 hands, so not much of a read here.

Turn should be an easy fold right? One line answers here are fine

Full Tilt Poker
$0.25/$0.50 No Limit Hold'em Ring Game
6 Players
LegoPoker Hand Converter (http://www.legopoker.com/hh)

<font color="black">Stack Sizes</font>
SB: $48.5
Hero (BB): $50.25
UTG: $50
MP: $54.70
CO: $85.45
BTN: $62.90

<font color="black">Preflop:</font> 8/images/graemlins/club.gif A/images/graemlins/club.gif ($0.75, 6 players)
UTG folds, MP folds, CO folds, BTN calls $0.50, SB folds, Hero checks

<font color="black">Flop:</font> 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif ($1.25, 2 players)
Hero checks, <font color="red">BTN bets $0.50</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to $2.75</font>, BTN calls $2.25

<font color="black">Turn:</font> 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif [6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif] ($6.75, 2 players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $4</font>, <font color="red">BTN raises to $8</font>, [/i]

noob_sauce
03-10-2007, 01:15 AM
I drop... his stop n' go is pretty scary here IMO. If it were a straight raise on the turn, then I'd say we can lean to a call (edit: I don't know about even calling then now that I look at it again)...

He knows you like your hand, and he's not trying to move you off of it with this bet... this smells of pure please call me raise here.

Even if we do call, I'm not sure what the hell we do in a $22 pot with 90% of the cards that could fall off on the river. we can't even comfortably get them in with an Ace/8 here given the action IMO...

fold and look for a better spot

cb4mvp
03-10-2007, 01:44 AM
Probably a fold here. Like Noob said, alot of ugly cards can come on the river that leave us in a bad spot.

Big Poppa Smurf
03-10-2007, 06:44 AM
[ QUOTE ]
fold and look for a better spot

[/ QUOTE ]

i hate logic like this. bad players only have so much money to take

Genz
03-10-2007, 07:04 AM
raise preflop for value. hand plays differently then.

As played, I fold the turn. But I'd check/call on every street, probably. He will throw his money at me and I take it. I don't want to put moves on him with a marginal hand when I can keep the pot size reasonable and take his money with a call down.