PDA

View Full Version : 50 NL AKs Deepstacked, Huge Draw in a family pot

NL__Fool
03-09-2007, 07:41 PM
Never had a hand quite like this before. I decided to exercise pot contol rather then play this aggresivly.

I had a large draw on the flop with my flush + overs however with the paired board and all the callers my warning bells were going off.

The donk came from another deepstack who I have no stats on but I havent seen him get out of line yet.

How do I play this?

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ BB (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool (http://poker-tools.flopturnriver.com/Hand-Converter.php) from FlopTurnRiver.com (http://www.flopturnriver.com) (Format: 2+2 Forums)

UTG ($30.20)
Hero ($125.25)
CO ($29.68)
Button ($25.99)
SB ($167.35)
BB ($29.55)

Preflop: Hero is MP with A/images/graemlins/heart.gif, K/images/graemlins/heart.gif. SB posts a blind of $0.25.
UTG calls $0.50, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $2.5</font>, CO calls $2.50, Button calls $2.50, SB (poster) calls $2.25, BB calls $2, UTG calls $2.

Flop: ($15) 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif, J/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets $3</font>, BB calls $3, UTG calls $3, Hero calls $3, CO folds, Button calls $3.

Turn: ($30) K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets $3</font>, UTG calls $3, Hero calls $3, Button calls $3, SB folds.

I am either way ahead or way behind here so raising serves no purpose right? especially since the board is paired. There are no cards here that can fall on the river that will hurt me with the exception of the BD diamond flush which is unlikely. A J is the only card that will kill me here.

River: ($42) 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $18</font>, Button folds, BB folds, UTG folds.

Final Pot: $60

bdiddy12
03-09-2007, 08:09 PM
all looks ok except river, youre beat here too often and dont get too many weaker hands to call a bet that big

RunDownHouse
03-09-2007, 08:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I am either way ahead or way behind here so raising serves no purpose right?

[/ QUOTE ]
I don't know if I'd say that. When you're way behind, its usually to JJ. More rarely its to KK, 44, or a goofy K4/J4. Those are the only hands you're way behind, and combinatorically, they're all somewhat unlikely. Hands you're sort of behind are the two pair/4x combos, and you have decent equity against those.

Hands you're ahead of are a much wider range that includes one pairs (worse K and Jx) and flush draws. You're pretty well ahead of all of those.

So I wouldn't describe it as WA/WB. Now, what would raising accomplish? Getting more money in good, at the risk of reopening the betting and having to decide whether or not to felt it. Its definitely not a "no purpose" play; we want KQ and xdxd putting more money in before the river.

The tiny, 1/10 pot turn bet is weird, but the two key points are that 1) his range is wider than hands that have you drawing dead and 2) hands in that range will call a raise at least some of the time. If he shoves over the top it narrows his range down and it starts to look like you're in worse shape, but its still not hopeless. I'd cry if I folded to a shove and he showed AdJd.

So I think I raise the turn and probably commit myself to the pot.

RunDownHouse
03-09-2007, 08:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]
youre beat here too often

[/ QUOTE ]
When its checked to hero on the river, what range do you put UTG and BB on?

payoff wizard
03-09-2007, 11:45 PM
Please list all the players at that table so i can add them to my buddy list.

Mal_Pais
03-09-2007, 11:49 PM
[ QUOTE ]
combinatorically

[/ QUOTE ]

Nice hand, sir.

RunDownHouse
03-10-2007, 01:27 PM
I'm new to NL, so I'd love to hear more both on the OP and my response.

Heine
03-10-2007, 02:24 PM
I think i like raising that bet ATC. 3 into 30? c'mon don't let them do goofy crap like that. I'd make it 18 or so, and call a push. As played, i don't mind a b/f on the river. A little risky, but i don't think any one has much the way its been played.

J. Stew
03-10-2007, 02:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
youre beat here too often

[/ QUOTE ]
When its checked to hero on the river, what range do you put UTG and BB on?

[/ QUOTE ]

on the turn i put bb on a middle pair, a jack, a king, diamonds or a retarded four. utg i put on a jack or hearts.

on the river i put bb more on a middle pair cause if he had a jack or king he'd put out another ghey bet. utg i'd put on a missed draw or a jack. i'd vbet like half the pot.

NL__Fool
03-10-2007, 03:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]
think i like raising that bet ATC. 3 into 30? c'mon don't let them do goofy crap like that. I'd make it 18 or so, and call a push

[/ QUOTE ]

Whats pushing this turn that I beat?

I probably played this very weak but it's not a HU pot. It's 6 way on the flop and 5 way on the turn with the SB still to act behind me.

SB is also deepstacked, what do I do if he pushes?

The reason I let the $3 bet into a $30 pot go is because there are almost no cards that will hurt my hand here with the exception of a J or a 4 or a BD diamond flush which is extremely unlikely

Phytopath
03-10-2007, 08:12 PM
Yeah you gotta really pop that, you have a big hand don't let these monkeys get away with betting 3$ into that pot on either the flop or the turn, that is just nasty bad.

I don't really like any of the post flop streets.