View Full Version : 50nl: 87 flop trips, weird turn bet

spyderracing
03-09-2007, 04:04 PM
No stats on villain, how do you roll?

Full Tilt Poker
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $0.25/$0.50
6 players
Converter (http://www.neildewhurst.com/hand-converter)

Stack sizes:
UTG: $29.25
UTG+1: $48.40
CO: $67.15
Hero: $49.25
SB: $49.50
BB: $55.80

Pre-flop: (6 players) Hero is Button with 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif
UTG folds, UTG+1 calls, CO folds, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $2.25</font>, 2 folds, UTG+1 calls.

Flop: 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif ($5.25, 2 players)
UTG+1 checks, <font color="#cc0000">Hero bets $4</font>, UTG+1 calls.

Turn: A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif ($13.25, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">UTG+1 is all-in $42.15</font>, Hero ???

Sweir
03-09-2007, 04:10 PM
PF is marginal w/ no reads but w/e.

Seems like a fairly easy fold on the turn given that there are 3 diamonds out and you only have a 7 kicker.

spyderracing
03-09-2007, 04:14 PM
In what way is PF marginal? Seems like a pretty standard button raise to me.

Klopzi
03-09-2007, 04:19 PM
PF is marginal, but there's a lot of value in defending your button.

The flop is ideal for you. In a head's up pot, I think you've got to call the turn all-in. Maybe this call is a little loose, but the Villain is not putting you on a 8x hand.

Plus, if he had the flush or boat, do you think he'd really push on the turn? Why not give you the chance to bet your big ace?

BevillTheDevil
03-09-2007, 04:23 PM
yea PF RAISE is standard...wow misclick on turn?? this spot really sucks w/o a read, id be more inclined to fold though the only thing i think we beat here is 82-84 (if in his range wow he sucks) and a badly played Ax or 5x (no 8-then he sucks again). If this is the way he plays either of those then we will stack him later unless someone else beats us there /images/graemlins/frown.gif

Edit: wanted to make myself clear that i like the PFR (but if UTG+1 is a callin station donk then i muck)

Sweir
03-09-2007, 04:40 PM
When I first read this I thought it looked like a fairly easy fold but I actually think it is very marginal. This line looks a lot like AK/AQ or another ace maybe w/ a diamond kicker. I am pretty unsure as whether this is a call or fold actually, tbh i dont really mind either.

fooz
03-09-2007, 04:44 PM
You have to fold this. The bet is too large to call for not having anything close to the nuts.

Make a note. Call him the second time.

Klopzi
03-09-2007, 04:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]
You have to fold this. The bet is too large to call for not having anything close to the nuts.

Make a note. Call him the second time.

[/ QUOTE ]

Another good option, and one that I take many times when playing with my own money...

barryc83
03-09-2007, 05:00 PM
Fold it. He's played his flush like a [censored] moron, thank him for it and fold. This is a flush a lot, especially readless.

WallsofBania
03-09-2007, 05:53 PM
Looks like a fold to me as well even if he isnt putting you on an eight because of preflop action.

Foe made his flush perhaps and is now trying to make you pay the price for calling with your AK King diamond draw or something or getting you to over committ with your pocket pair.

This is just one of those hands that I try not to use too much logic on thinking " If he had the flush, then he would try to extract " because most the time my opponents are not even thinking at all and I give them way too much credit thinking that they process hands like myself when in fact they have no idea.

Like last poster said, Thank him for playing his flush the way he did and saving you some extra money.

Sigurd
03-10-2007, 02:51 AM
I don't like your preflop raise with 87o against an unknown, if it was 87s I would like it..

If you have a feeling that villain isn't batshit crazy, I'm totally ok with the preflop raise.

haz31
03-10-2007, 03:39 AM
Your calling 40 to win 50, in order for this to profitable he had to have a bigger 8, or a flush less than 20% of the time.

I dont think that is the case here