View Full Version : NL50 (6): Flopping FD, turning TP

fooz
03-09-2007, 12:34 PM
Villain is 19/6/2 after 800+ hands.

Full Tilt Poker
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $0.25/$0.50
5 players
Converter (http://www.neildewhurst.com/hand-converter)

Stack sizes:
UTG: $95.15
CO: $50.35
Button: $48
Hero: $47.70
BB: $73.60

Pre-flop: (5 players) Hero is SB with K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif
UTG folds, CO calls, Button calls, Hero calls, BB checks.

Flop: 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif T/images/graemlins/club.gif ($2, 4 players)
Hero checks, BB checks, <font color="#cc0000">CO bets $2</font>, Button folds, Hero calls, BB folds.

Turn: K/images/graemlins/club.gif ($6, 2 players)
Hero checks, <font color="#cc0000">CO bets $6</font>, Hero calls.

In reviewing this, given the mild aggressiveness of opponent, it's hard to see him making a PSB on the turn when a K lands with anything less than trips, in which case I should've folded. You dig?

InfectorGadget
03-09-2007, 12:41 PM
Id fold to the flop bet. Not only do you not have the odds to draw (I dont believe you can justify with implied odds either), but you might already be behind or he might have a redraw to your flush, hell, he might even have the A-high FD.

Given all these circumstances and the little info youve got in the hand, Id just dump it.

As played I think I fold turn also.

Klopzi
03-09-2007, 12:45 PM
Turn calls a little loose.

You're top pair may not be good, and I don't think you're getting called on the river when you hit your flush unless your're beaten.

Flop call's not that bad, although you'll need a good card on the turn to help you out. I don't think the K is what you're looking for.

One thing to keep in mind: I got beat for a big pot last night playing a similar sort of hand. I fell in love with a mediocre hand from the SB and ended up paying way more than I should have after running into a full house.

Sweir
03-09-2007, 12:48 PM
Assuming villian has trip tens you have 11 outs, 2 kings and 9 diamonds, however 1 of those diamonds will make villian a FH so lets say 10 outs. So you are 3.6:1 to make your hand. You are getting 2:1 direct pot odds so you would need to win $9.6 on the river to make this neutral EV. Considering he has potted both the flop and the turn and the pot will be $18 on the river if you call I think that you can probably expect to win the $9.6 needed and probably more, therefore call.

Klopzi
03-09-2007, 12:54 PM
Is there a chance that Villain is betting a pocket pair assuming that Hero is playing a draw?

Could Hero make a call on the river unimproved?

Sweir
03-09-2007, 12:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Is there a chance that Villain is betting a pocket pair assuming that Hero is playing a draw?

Could Hero make a call on the river unimproved?

[/ QUOTE ]

I was thinking about this aswell, something like JJ/QQ/AA are all possible as is maybe 99.

Also something that my post did not take into account was the RIO situation when villian hits a FH and we hit a flush, e.g the Ad comes on the river and villian stacks us with AT.

barryc83
03-09-2007, 01:04 PM
19/6/2. This nit has a T like always IMO, or 77.

Sweir
03-09-2007, 01:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]
19/6/2. This nit has a T like always IMO, or 77.

[/ QUOTE ]

He didnt raise PF so his range isnt that nitty, he also has an AF of 2, which isnt exactly passive so his range is wider than you might think.

Klopzi
03-09-2007, 03:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I was thinking about this aswell, something like JJ/QQ/AA are all possible as is maybe 99.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is a definite possibility. With the paired T on the board, it's easy for Villain to discount Hero holding a T and, instead, bet a 99 or 88 strongly.