PDA

View Full Version : NL10: QQ 3 bet pre, facing flop reraise

skinlash
03-09-2007, 10:04 AM
Villain is basically unknown, I only had 30 hands or so on him. QQ isn't really a hand I'm fond of as you can probalby tell. Raised on the flop, this seemed like fold or push situation, is that right?

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.10 BB (4 handed) Hand History Converter Tool (http://poker-tools.flopturnriver.com/Hand-Converter.php) from FlopTurnRiver.com (http://www.flopturnriver.com) (Format: 2+2 Forums)

UTG ($2.15)
Button (Villain) ($13.55)
SB ($14.15)
Hero ($13.40)

Preflop: Hero is BB with Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif, Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button (Villain) raises to $0.2</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $0.7</font>, Button (Villain) calls $0.50.

Flop: ($1.45) 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $1</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Villain raises to $2.5</font>, Hero folds.

Final Pot: $4.95

BobAllinSki
03-09-2007, 10:08 AM
Yeah, its fold or push, the problem is the only part of his range you really beat is a lone /images/graemlins/spade.gif so calling is the worst option in your best case, with position a call re-evaluate could be ok but out of position you would be folding the best hand far to often.

At $10 tables I'd say its probably a push but even then its close, there is definately no shame in folding it and $25's with around 70bb a fold is definately standard

Doug Funnie II
03-09-2007, 11:07 AM
I disagree with Bob. I think a push is a spew. Hes not folding any big spade which you're not much of a favorite against. I've played a lot of hands at this level on PS and in this spot I'd call and shove any non-spade, Ace, or king turn. You will still have ~10$ and the pot will be around 6.5$ so its a bit of an overbet but I think that line is much better than shoving flop and getting called by a lot of hands which we are only 60% against.

Also bet more on flop. The more draw heavy the board is the larger you should be making c-bets.

BobAllinSki
03-09-2007, 12:21 PM
Yeah, stop &amp; go is probably quiet good here actually, I was more thinking about check-something on the turn been a bad line.

RollTide77
03-09-2007, 01:11 PM
I probably would have made it $1.50 on the flop. If he's going to BS me then he's really going to have to pay for it. If he called that then I'd re-evaluate on the turn. And I think a stop &amp; go on any A or K is a bad move since he's obviously got one of those.