PDA

View Full Version : NL25 AQ hand facing a raise on drawy board

Bonesy
03-09-2007, 09:46 AM
Ultimate Bet
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $0.10./$0.25.
6 players
Converter (http://www.neildewhurst.com/hand-converter)

Stack sizes:
Hero: $50.38
UTG+1: $23.18
CO: $35.72
Button: $29.59
SB: $9.20
BB: $62.50

Villain is 17/13/8 over 300 hands. He is a multi-table regular. We have never really tangled in the past. He hay have HUD on me and I play about 19/11. He seems pretty solid to me overall and seems to have respected my bets in the past.

Pre-flop: (6 players) Hero is UTG with A/images/graemlins/heart.gif Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif
<font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $1</font>, 2 folds, Button calls, 2 folds.

Flop: Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif ($2.35, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">Hero bets $2.35</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Button raises to $6.5</font>, Hero???

TheRenaissance
03-09-2007, 10:00 AM
I think you should fold.
A bluff is certainly in his range, but also a lot of stuff that has you crushed.
He never has a hand like KQ here.

A likely range (with a bluff thrown in):

Hold'em Simulation
13,860 trials (Exhaustive)
board: QhTd7h
Hand Pot equity
AhQs 49.58%
TT,77,9h8h,Th9h,55 50.42%

With more history between you, or a better read I might continue some of the time. But here I think you should fold.

Sweir
03-09-2007, 10:14 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I think you should fold.
A bluff is certainly in his range, but also a lot of stuff that has you crushed.

Hold'em Simulation
Hand Pot equity
AhQs 49.58%

With more history between you, or a better read I might continue some of the time. But here I think you should fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

I havent actually looked at your range or anything but if you think it is accurate then you are 50/50 to win the hand and you are getting much better odds than that so it is an easy call.

Either adjust the range or say its an easy call.

TheRenaissance
03-09-2007, 10:23 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I think you should fold.

Hold'em Simulation
Hand Pot equity
AhQs 49.58%

[/ QUOTE ]

I havent actually looked at your range or anything but if you think it is accurate then you are 50/50 to win the hand and you are getting much better odds than that so it is an easy call.

Either adjust the range or say its an easy call.

[/ QUOTE ]

Trouble is, there are two streets to come, we are oop, we are up against a decent player, it will be hard to tell when/if we're beat, and he is asking us to play for stacks.

If we were facing an all in, and my range was 100% correct - easy call, yes, with the money already in the pot. But this is a tricky spot, and some tricky spots are best avoided in a game where there are so many other softer targets.

Edit: forgot to say, IF we are behind on the flop, we are drawing pretty much dead. I'd be much happier to continue (3b ai) with some kind of strong draw against his opponent.