PDA

View Full Version : NL10: TPTK facing turn raise

skinlash
03-09-2007, 09:39 AM
Villain is 38/12/3.6 over 78 hands. The previous hand I was involved in a pot with him where I had AKs and flopped the nut flush, unfortunately he didn't want any of it and insta folded to my flop bet.

Some Baluga theorem?
The board had those common A-kicker type cards that made me think the turn raise meant two pair. It seemed like if I called the turn raise, villain was likely to go all in for the rest of his chips on the river. I raised less on the turn because it didn't seem like a drawy board, I thought if he had two pair he'd reraise me.

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.10 BB (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool (http://poker-tools.flopturnriver.com/Hand-Converter.php) from FlopTurnRiver.com (http://www.flopturnriver.com) (Format: 2+2 Forums)

SB ($18.25)
BB ($8.45)
Hero ($17.75)
MP ($6.85)
CO (Villain) ($5.55)
Button ($2.20)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with A/images/graemlins/spade.gif, K/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $0.3</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, CO (Villain) calls $0.30, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>.

Flop: ($0.75) A/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $0.5</font>, Villain calls $0.50.

Turn: ($1.75) 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $0.8</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Villain raises to $1.8</font>, Hero folds.

Final Pot: $4.35

TheRenaissance
03-09-2007, 09:51 AM
Your turn bet is a bit weakish to my taste, and might prompt a bluff raise.
Even so, you are usually beat here and drawing pretty slim, sometimes dead.

Doug Funnie II
03-09-2007, 11:24 AM
I'd 3 bet him all-in. A6, AT, AJ, AQ, AK, TT, couple of diamonds constitutes a large part of his range, especially given his 3.6 aggro rating.

I'd like to see your line like this:

Preflop: Hero is UTG with A /images/graemlins/spade.gif K /images/graemlins/spade.gif
Hero raises to $0.4, 1 fold, CO (Villain) calls $0.40, 3 folds.

Flop: ($0.95) A /images/graemlins/heart.gif 7 /images/graemlins/spade.gif 8 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif (2 players)
Hero bets $0.8, Villain calls $0.80.

Turn: ($2.55) 9 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif (2 players)
Hero bets $1.75

Now he only has $4.35 left so you'd have to call his shove.

If calling this turn in this case happens to be bad, I don't think it's anywhere near as big a leak as letting yourself get pushed off of pretty big hands by short stacks or losing value against weaker top pairs by underbetting the pot.

skinlash
03-09-2007, 11:56 AM
Thanks for the input, that line above this post is very nearly the one I took, the reason I didn't take it was precisely because it would probably put him all in, which I was afraid was a bit too much heat for my TPTK.
Using someone's aggression number to narrow down their range isn't really something I have down yet, I like the idea of making this call and attempting to address obviously nitty leaks I have.

RollTide77
03-09-2007, 01:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Thanks for the input, that line above this post is very nearly the one I took, the reason I didn't take it was precisely because it would probably put him all in, which I was afraid was a bit too much heat for my TPTK.

[/ QUOTE ]Nah. I like Doug's line as well b/c you are UTG so you want to make it .40 to go PF, and then on the flop this could easily be two pair or trips so I want to know so I pot that and then re-eval the turn.

ama0330
03-09-2007, 01:22 PM
TPTK is the nuts at NL10. You should not be afraid to play this faster/stronger.

disk189
03-09-2007, 02:32 PM
My first reaction was that TPTK is the nuts like ama said but then i thought about possible hands he could beat you with... I think I would've been more aggressive on the turn and call the shove.