PDA

View Full Version : No-limit heads-up forum

iSTRONG
01-03-2006, 09:56 PM
We really need a place for this... especially for heads-up tourneys... I mean, where am I supposed to post about heads-up tourney strategy at the moment??

Beer and Pizza
01-04-2006, 11:00 AM
The lack of a HU forum is a big flaw in the 2+2 system.

So what if it would be a sparsely used forum?

Even if only one new thread were created every day, after 3 months we would have almost 100 threads waiting for a new HU player to consult and learn the game by.

What a resource that could be.

A useful poker forum instead of another off topic forum, what a concept!

diebitter
01-04-2006, 11:16 AM
There was one, wasn't there?

iSTRONG
01-04-2006, 04:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]
There was one, wasn't there?

[/ QUOTE ]

There was one, HUSH... Heads Up and Short-Handed... but it was hijacked by limit players for their 6-max games... it's now split into mid stakes short handed and small stakes short handed limit texas hold'em...

Regardless there is nothing for NL.

TStoneMBD
01-05-2006, 03:45 PM
there really should be a HU forum and i am certain that there will be many HU threads. i for one have written at least a dozen HU posts in hush within the last month and oreogod has many of his own. i also know of many other well-known posters who would like to see a HU forum and would contribute to it.

iSTRONG
01-05-2006, 05:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]
i for one have written at least a dozen HU posts in hush within the last month and oreogod has many of his own.

[/ QUOTE ]

Limit or NL?

TStoneMBD
01-05-2006, 07:55 PM
limit. i doubt a HU NL forum wont survive on its own. it should be both limit and no limit. sorry for not specifying that before.

iSTRONG
01-05-2006, 08:32 PM
You're right. I don't think it would be a problem to have both in the same forum... People could always add [L] or [NL] somewhere it the subject of the post just to prevent it from getting confusing...

Isura
01-05-2006, 10:40 PM
I'm for this. Heads up poker rules!!

MrWookie
01-06-2006, 02:18 PM
When we were disucssing the HUSH split in the mod forum, we toyed with the idea splitting HUSH into 3 - SSSH, MHSH (which we currently have), and a HU or HU/3 handed forum. In the end, we decided not to have a HU, or HU/3 forum because we weren't sure it'd generate much traffic. If you guys want it, talking about it here is good, but the best way to go about getting it is to demonstrate that the traffic will be there. This means go out and play some HU poker and post about it whatever forum is currently most appropriate (SSSH/MHSH for limit, probably STT or one of the NL fourms for NL), and respond to the HU posts of others. If you acitively demonstrate the demand, you're much more likely to get you wish.

iSTRONG
02-02-2006, 01:30 PM
Re-request for a no-limit heads-up on my 1000th post...

MicroBob
02-02-2006, 04:58 PM
I've been pushing for a HU forum for awhile now.

I think the idea of having it be a HU forum for both limit and NL is a good one.

I would also be in favor of allowing one to post a 3-handed hand in there if they like (it's close enough to HU that I feel it can be okay if they so choose...but can also post it in one of the SH forums if they perfer).

I really don't think that the issue of 'how much traffic will it get' should be a huge factor.
The quality of content in there could be pretty significant.

The point is that the HU discussions get completely lost sometimes in the SH forums (which could practically be re-named the '6-max forums').

Just because we don't have as much HU discussion now does not mean that people don't want it.

If you build it, they will come.

FoxwoodsFiend
02-03-2006, 02:28 AM
HU is so read-dependent and the flow of the game and pace of the action are so much more important than in normal full ring that I can hardly imagine any HU hands leading to meaningful and helpful analysis. I dunnow about limit, but this is definitely the case in NL.

iSTRONG
02-03-2006, 12:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]
HU is so read-dependent and the flow of the game and pace of the action are so much more important than in normal full ring that I can hardly imagine any HU hands leading to meaningful and helpful analysis. I dunnow about limit, but this is definitely the case in NL.

[/ QUOTE ]

That is a semi-good point... but then again all NL is very read dependant.

MicroBob
02-03-2006, 03:11 PM
Thus the forum may be for more general discussions of meta-game strategy, etc.

Look...it can't ALL just be based on instinct.
Some of the good HU players around here should have SOMETHING to say beyond just, "I do what I do and can't really explain it because it's all just reads."

It's still poker. There are good ways to play it and bad ways to play it. And I'd like to see more discussion about it.
And I just don't think it is possible to get this in the '6-max' forums.

Mr. Orange
02-07-2006, 10:34 PM
[ QUOTE ]

And I just don't think it is possible to get this in the '6-max' forums.

[/ QUOTE ]

Everytime I've ever posted a question about a heads up situation in 6-max, I've either been flamed, ignored completely, or told to post in MTT. (when i post in MTT, they then tell me to post in 6max.)
I also think there needs to be heads up forum. If we can have OOT forum and politics forum then why can't there be a heads up forum?

soah
02-09-2006, 08:02 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I suppose it would require people to include more than the converted hand history and their pokertracker stats. /images/graemlins/frown.gif

iSTRONG
02-09-2006, 05:31 PM
How about starting a Heads-up theory mega-thread in one of those forums?

BigBiceps
02-09-2006, 06:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I would also be in favor of allowing one to post a 3-handed hand in there if they like (it's close enough to HU that I feel it can be okay if they so choose...but can also post it in one of the SH forums if they perfer).

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think 3 handed is very similar to heads up.

jokerthief
02-15-2006, 08:28 PM
I agree, there needs to be a heads up forum. I play a lot of HU tourneys but I don't even bother posting in HUSH because that forum is so dominated by 6 max posts. If there were a HU forum, I would post fairly often.

Seriously who can make this happen?

nation
02-16-2006, 02:14 AM
HU tourneys are a big part of online poker for a lot of players. Not having a section for it is a travishammockery.

private joker
02-17-2006, 03:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]
HU tourneys are a big part of online poker for a lot of players. Not having a section for it is a travishammockery.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree.

Also, the argument that there wouldn't be much traffic is an argument FOR that kind of forum, not against it. What we need are more low-traffic forums so it doesn't get cluttered up with 60 hand posts per day. Seeing 3 or 4 and generating good discussion on them would be quite valuable.

Anyway, between HU No Limit (either SNG or final table of MTT) and HU/3-handed limit holdem, there would be plenty of interested players to read and soak in the theory.

MicroBob
02-17-2006, 07:56 PM
I was in favor of something like this before.

And after reading this thread I'm more and more in favor of it.

HU/3 forum for limit, NL, SNG and MTT final.

iSTRONG
02-18-2006, 04:04 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Who can make this happen?

[/ QUOTE ]

& are they aware of this thread?

Ryan Beal
02-18-2006, 11:12 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes. /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

There are a number of other things going on with the site right now, but I'm sure a HU forum would eventually be reconsidered if it's something people want.

Nepa
02-18-2006, 01:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes. /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

There are a number of other things going on with the site right now, but I'm sure a HU forum would eventually be reconsidered if it's something people want.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think a Heads up forum would be great!

KSOT
02-19-2006, 09:45 PM
I was just coming here to start a thread like this one.

We really need a general HU forum. Though I suggest leaving 3 handed stuff to the SH forums. Heads up is a unique entity.

iSTRONG
03-02-2006, 12:02 PM
Just to let everyone know that there is a HU resources thread (thanks to ThorKGB) in the STT forum: HERE (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=4914940&an=0&page=0&gone w=1#UNREAD)

car ramrod
03-17-2006, 05:23 PM
I think a hu forum is a good idea and would like to see it added.

Perseus
03-17-2006, 05:32 PM
Forum HULA!!!

KneeCo
03-17-2006, 07:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]
We really need a general HU forum. Though I suggest leaving 3 handed stuff to the SH forums. Heads up is a unique entity.

[/ QUOTE ]

Disconnected
03-20-2006, 10:02 PM
I think a separate HU forum would be cool.

whodaman
03-20-2006, 10:23 PM
look on the left side of the screen

iSTRONG
03-21-2006, 12:32 AM
Wooohooo! Nice one! I do think it would be more appropriate under the NL categories tho even if limit players can post there as well.

Lloyd
03-21-2006, 05:02 AM
My guess is that it will be moved to a more generic branch, like "Poker" or just under "General" since this is for limit and no-limit.

Disconnected
03-21-2006, 02:25 PM
Cool, it's active now! (When I tried before, I got a no access allowed message.)

Nicholasp27
03-22-2006, 10:48 AM
i'd be in favor of a nl heads-up tournament forum

Nicholasp27
03-22-2006, 10:53 AM
oh sweet! it's there!

KaneKungFu123
03-30-2006, 11:38 PM
This is dumb. If you are going to have a HU forum, then you need a HU beginners, advanced, mid stakes subsets because just grouping all HU hands together is stupid for obvious reasons, plus i am just going to post my HU hands in MHNL because that is where all the smart people chill.