PDA

View Full Version : 2/4 QJ wtf

winky51
01-03-2006, 09:56 PM
Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em
Converted w/ PonksSaver: http://www.pokermentor.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=510
- - - HAND 2902532963 - - -
PreFlop: <font color="blue">HERO</font> is BB with <font color="red">J/images/graemlins/heart.gif</font> <font color="blue">Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif</font> (9 Players)
1 <font color="darkred">fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 checks, MP calls, 4 <font color="darkred">folds</font>, <font color="blue">HERO</font> checks,

Flop: (4.50 SB) <font color="red">2/images/graemlins/heart.gif</font> <font color="green">Q/images/graemlins/club.gif</font> <font color="red">6/images/graemlins/heart.gif</font> (4 Players)
<font color="blue">HERO</font> checks, UTG+1 checks, UTG+2 <font color="green">bets</font>, MP <font color="darkgreen">raises</font>, <font color="blue">HERO</font> <font color="darkgreen">raises</font>, UTG+1 <font color="darkred">folds</font>, UTG+2 <font color="darkred">folds</font>, MP <font color="darkgreen">raises</font>, <font color="blue">HERO</font> calls,

Turn: (6.75 BB) <font color="red">Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif</font> (2 Players)
<font color="blue">HERO</font> checks, MP checks,

River: (6.75 BB) <font color="blue">7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif</font> (2 Players)
<font color="blue">HERO</font> <font color="green">bets</font>, MP <font color="darkred">folds</font>,

Final Pot: 7.75 BB

This one stumped me, not sure if I should bet risking getting check raised.

TheHip41
01-03-2006, 10:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em
Converted w/ PonksSaver: http://www.pokermentor.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=510
- - - HAND 2902532963 - - -
PreFlop: <font color="blue">HERO</font> is BB with <font color="red">J/images/graemlins/heart.gif</font> <font color="blue">Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif</font> (9 Players)
1 <font color="darkred">fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 checks, MP calls, 4 <font color="darkred">folds</font>, <font color="blue">HERO</font> checks,

Flop: (4.50 SB) <font color="red">2/images/graemlins/heart.gif</font> <font color="green">Q/images/graemlins/club.gif</font> <font color="red">6/images/graemlins/heart.gif</font> (4 Players)
<font color="blue">HERO</font> checks, UTG+1 checks, UTG+2 <font color="green">bets</font>, MP <font color="darkgreen">raises</font>, <font color="blue">HERO</font> <font color="darkgreen">raises</font>, UTG+1 <font color="darkred">folds</font>, UTG+2 <font color="darkred">folds</font>, MP <font color="darkgreen">raises</font>, <font color="blue">HERO</font> calls,

Turn: (6.75 BB) <font color="red">Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif</font> (2 Players)
<font color="blue">HERO</font> checks, MP checks,

River: (6.75 BB) <font color="blue">7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif</font> (2 Players)
<font color="blue">HERO</font> <font color="green">bets</font>, MP <font color="darkred">folds</font>,

Final Pot: 7.75 BB

This one stumped me, not sure if I should bet risking getting check raised.

[/ QUOTE ]

Just bet the flop, this getting check though would suck alot.

And what does "#" mean?

shant
01-03-2006, 10:08 PM
I think you should've stopped the action on the turn because that is where the interesting decision is.

Do you have a read on MP? I'm sure seeing all the action has changed my feelings on this, but his limp preflop and checkraise-cap is pretty strong. Were you check/raising the turn? I think I'd bet/call the turn.

RyanCMU
01-03-2006, 10:09 PM
River bet is automatic in my opinion. I might even lead this turn.

winky51
01-03-2006, 10:22 PM
no reads he played a bit then went nuts on this hand. I was afraid of a check raise... ahhh the whole thing threw me off.

Also he might have gone nuts with the flush draw.

winky51
01-03-2006, 10:23 PM
# "typo"

shant
01-03-2006, 10:26 PM
Right, that's why I think I've been tainted by seeing him check the turn. Otherwise, every hand he could've played like that on the flop improves on the turn.

TheHip41
01-04-2006, 03:22 AM
[ QUOTE ]
no reads he played a bit then went nuts on this hand. I was afraid of a check raise... ahhh the whole thing threw me off.

Also he might have gone nuts with the flush draw.

[/ QUOTE ]

not to be a dick, but how can you be check raised when you are acting first in a HU pot on the turn?

I can see you getting spanked raised by a flush or 6's full on the turn, but not c/r.

Kwaz
01-04-2006, 03:33 AM
Why no flop bet?

01-04-2006, 07:16 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I think you should've stopped the action on the turn because that is where the interesting decision is.

Do you have a read on MP? I'm sure seeing all the action has changed my feelings on this, but his limp preflop and checkraise-cap is pretty strong. Were you check/raising the turn? I think I'd bet/call the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nothing changes to the better on the turn. When he caps the flop he should have 22, 66, flushdraw or a Q with a very good kicker. Maybe we could be ahead if he has T as kicker, but its very more likely he has K than T.

And the flush just got there. So i do not think we are in a position to be agressive and think our hand is favorite. No, we should clearly be the underdog here and try to not put in more bets than we have to.

I defenitely think it's a check/call on the turn.

And i also think you should bet the flop. The board is ragged and anyone without a Q, 22 or 66 may not want to bet this flop. And if it gets checked through when you have a vulnerable hand and there is a two-flush on board, that would not be good.

Elevens
01-04-2006, 10:20 AM
I think you have to bet that turn.

car ramrod
01-04-2006, 10:26 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Seeing the rest of the hand has made it hard to give my thoughts, but it looks like we should have led the flop, and I would likely lead teh turn.

gopnik
01-04-2006, 12:07 PM
if you c/r the flop, you HAVE TO bet the turn. C/r looks scary, don't expect people to bet after it.

01-04-2006, 12:24 PM
What range of hands do you put him on?

EDIT: And which of those do you think he will take a free card with?

WalkAmongUs
01-04-2006, 12:45 PM
i like the turn check barring any reads. Theres not really any hands he would play like this on the flop that we are ahead of on the turn, unless he is a maniac.

once the turn is checked through i would definitely bet that river.

naMruM
01-04-2006, 01:58 PM
Table was loose on the flop, erego the c/r on the flop? I think I probably would have led on all streets here...

deleteduser
01-07-2006, 03:25 AM
bet bet bet and bet more

Tiltguru
01-07-2006, 05:54 AM
Bet the flop and re-raise. Call if he caps and then go for a CR on the turn. If he calls the flop 3 bet then lead the turn. Bet the river.

If he makes it 3 on the turn after you CR you are probably in bad shape though. You still likely have lots of outs to tie and 3 to win VS another Q better kicker. If he made his flush you still have lots of outs to win.

On a side note, lots of players will be very aggressive on the flop with tons of hands were ahead of when the second queen hits the turn. With no reads I would tend to be more inclined to be aggressive.