PDA

View Full Version : Prima question

tangled
03-08-2007, 03:59 PM
tried to find this out by going to micogaming's web site and chatting to manager at battlefield, but still am not sure of the answer.

The question is: when I play at battlefield(prima) could I be playing with people at sites that do not accept ANY US players?

Coy_Roy
03-08-2007, 04:10 PM
Absolutely.

tangled
03-08-2007, 04:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Absolutely.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's what I thought. So, playing at battlefield is one way a US player can have access to some non-US-friendly sites?

Also, why would those sites not go ahead and accept US players as they are still accepting bets from them and thereby have not shielded themselves from the DOJ?

Coy_Roy
03-08-2007, 04:28 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Absolutely.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's what I thought. So, playing at battlefield is one way a US player can have access to some non-US-friendly sites?

Also, why would those sites not go ahead and accept US players as they are still accepting bets from them and thereby have not shielded themselves from the DOJ?

[/ QUOTE ]

Just because they are on the same network doesn't mean that they are in any way involved with their funding and payouts.

tangled
03-08-2007, 04:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Absolutely.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Just because they are on the same network doesn't mean that they are in any way involved with their funding and payouts.

[/ QUOTE ]

I am not trying to start an argument, but it seems to me that our hyper-aggresive DOJ would say that they still are gaining value from US palyers betting there. I'm not saying that's right but it seems that those non-US-friendly, prima sites are going out of the way to stay clear of legal problems from the US, but really aren't.

Again not trying to argue--jusr curious.

Brian O'Nolan
03-08-2007, 05:18 PM
What I don't understand is why any Prima's are still allowing US players, as it seems like a much smaller % of their business than Stars, UB, or FT.

MLSchaff
03-08-2007, 09:44 PM
Prima rocks. As long as you don't live in one of the banned states, you get to play in an ocean full of eurofishies.

I think that calling the DOJ "hyper-aggressive" is not quite applicable. The DOJ has not yet gone after any internet gambling operation that is not taking sports bets.