PDA

View Full Version : PSA: Repo warehouses

guids
03-07-2007, 10:33 PM
Last couple of days I went on a little spending spree, bought a bunch of crap, xbox, couple ibm eservers, bar equipment etc, most of this stuff I found on craiglist, but as I was searching I ran across a server rack I wanted so I called the place up, turns out this place is a nothing more than a big storage facility that repo companies store stuff, and the place that stores the stuff tries to sell it. This place was [censored] awesome. coin-op pool tables for 400$, I got it knocked down to 250$, 2 post car lift like you see at a pro mechanic- 900$, various medical equipment, tanning beds, a complete set of weights, powerracks, barbells etc for like 300$. It was all used, but before going out and buying something you need, I suggest you google a local warehouse

captZEEbo
03-07-2007, 10:54 PM
what do you suggest googling for?

guids
03-07-2007, 11:12 PM
You know, I tried to google a little bit for my city so I could give you guys some leads, but I cant find much. I think something along the lines of "asset management". The place I went to is called RTR services, they offices throughout the country from what their website says.

full service asset management
asset sales ---this seems to yield the most results, I think asset sales and your city is probably the best bet.

wet work
03-07-2007, 11:32 PM
Have you ever been to one of those auctions at EZ storage places? I think they happen something like once a month, say the 1st tuesday of the month- but it's different for all the different places I'd imagine. At my old storage locker the mgr. said they open the door for like a minute so you can get a quick look then they close it and bidding begins. Seems kind of interesting. Never tried it or really looked into it much though.