PDA

View Full Version : Sexy? Stupid? Both?

private joker
01-03-2006, 09:28 PM
PF I usually raise. But I've been raising/stealing a ton of hands lately, and people are starting to take shots, so I mixed it up here and just completed.

Villain is a moron donk. I didn't want to push him off a hand drawing thin/dead, so I chose this bizarre line that seemed pretty hot, but who knows... I've been sucking at online poker lately, hence all the hand posts.

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (9 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx (http://www.zerodivide.cx/converter)

Preflop: Hero is SB with J/images/graemlins/spade.gif, K/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="#666666">5 folds</font>, CO calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero completes, BB checks.

Flop: (3 SB) 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, K/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB folds, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (3.50 BB) 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (5.50 BB) 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>...

pikkupossu
01-03-2006, 09:29 PM
i vote sexy

ackid
01-03-2006, 09:41 PM
I think calling is better line.

No need to get fancy with a donk.

private joker
01-03-2006, 09:49 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I think calling is better line.

No need to get fancy with a donk.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's not a matter of getting fancy so much as extracting the maximum. My thinking was I'll get paid off by every K in the deck, including the 2-pair hands that got counterfeited (K6/K4) as well as some other hands that get confused by my play. I also think my risk of getting 3-bet is very very small given the board pairing on the river. He doesn't have a 9 very often at all, and donks don't put TAGs on hands, so all he sees is the paired 9 and won't 3-bet AK/KQ if he has it for fear of me having trips/boat.

pikkupossu
01-03-2006, 09:49 PM
moron donk has KT. even donks know to raise KQ and AK on the cut off. well maybe not KQo, but still.

this is sexy /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

and donk will call too! making it even more sexy.
like sexy˛